PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Thornton Month

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Yes, TyQuantumleap Thorntonofpotential went under the knife on August 22, 1 month and 1 day ago. His recovery time was thought to be 6-8 weeks.

4.28 speed not in BB's doghouse and in synch with Mac.... look forward to his return

Yes, TyQuantumleap Thorntonofpotential went under the knife on August 22, 1 month and 1 day ago. His recovery time was thought to be 6-8 weeks.

4.28 speed not in BB's doghouse and in synch with Mac.... look forward to his return

You say he went under the knife -- did a broken collarbone require surgery?

Don’t rush him back. I’d be happy if his first game is the home game against the Jets, after the bye.
Agreed. This kid has way too much raw talent to rush back and risk re-injury. Let him mend up and, hopefully, learn what else he needs to do to succeed (leverage, adjusting his routes, reading the defense, etc). He could be just what the doctor ordered for this offense if the mental game can compliment his physical traits.

What Im thinking is that , by the end of the year, I would not be suprised to see Parker the least played WR of the "Big 5" (TT, Bourne, Meyers, Agholor). Parker is good for a very specific amount of routes (curls/hooks and some other intermediate stuff).

He is a working version of Nkeal Harry, in some ways (Well, havent worked yet, but still)

Thornton is the other guy that will stretch the field with Nelly, not Parker. This september we are seeing why we cant rely on him for longer routes, which is fair. Comes the end of October and, hopefully beyond, I am really hoping Thornton shows up.

Even though Im still in the "won't get attached to any drafted WR" status, Im cheering for him

Agreed. This kid has way too much raw talent to rush back and risk re-injury. Let him mend up and, hopefully, learn what else he needs to do to succeed (leverage, adjusting his routes, reading the defense, etc). He could be just what the doctor ordered for this offense if the mental game can compliment his physical traits.
The thought of him coming in right away, making an impact is tempting but all I'm thinking is "don't F this up"
Injuries kill young careers. You don't get that time and experience back. He looked good this summer. Get & keep him healthy.

He aint coming back this month.

Depending on how the season goes should determine whether he plays at all.

He cannot come back until after the Packers game no matter what since he is on IR. The first game he will be able to play is the Lions' game on October 9th. I doubt he will play that game, but who knows. My guess is his first game back will be either the Bears game on October 24th or sometime after that game. I expect him to miss most or all of October.

I don't think he should have a red shirt year. But the Pats have a soft schedule in October. So there is no need to rush him in there for a deep threat. Hell, with the way the Colts have been playing, November might be a soft schedule too.

Thornton had season projections of like 20/300/2. He's not saving this season. Injuries kill young careers and he's already missed time. Get healthy, stay healthy and take it from there.

i would activate him as soon as he gets medical clearance... we then have four weeks to round him back into game shape before a decision to sit him or activate him needs to be made... the sooner hes on the practice field and working, the better

One positive is that bones heal in a reliable way vs soft tissue so there is less risk that this could impact his career later on. Contrast that to Aaron Dobson who never was able to get back to the level of play after his rookie season due to hamstring problems.

Haven’t seen any updates about Thornton, which is a bit surprising. We should know more this coming week, when he is eligible to return to practice, as a minimum. I don’t have a twitter account but Reiss would probably be the best person to ask….in anyone here is so inclined.

Will be interesting to see what kind of role/pt he earned before the injury.
Due to his speed alone you could make a case that Parker, Meyers, and TT could be our best trio. Bourne/Nelly need to look over their shoulder and get their **** together.

I think they'd certainly take Thornton over Humphrey. So, there's no reason he shouldn't be back on the active roster by next week. In fact, he might be coming back the same time as Mac - which I'd agree could be the Bears game. Not that Thornton will play much when he's back. He'll certainly be the 5th WR (unless Meyers is surprisingly out longer than this week)

Pretty poor play on the deep pass in the Bengals game . Can't get easier than that. Seems to be another whiff of a wr draft from pats stable so far... ...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back