PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hageman/Donald

EwanSellars

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
picking at 29 no trades these two are available all other reasonable choices are the off the board who do you pick? One has insane potential at 6' 6" 315 while one has the stats and the tape and won every major lineman award in college football this year.

For me I have to go Hageman the guy is an absolute animal and I can't pass him up. It is extremely tough to pass up on Donald who I think would be perfect for us and would add great interior pass rush if we were getting rid of wilfork and kelly and we double dipped for both these two I wouldn't complain at all

This one is really tough. I absolutely love Donald and what he could bring. An interior pass rusher that can create pressure like him is a rare commodity and I really want to get him, but I have to go with Hageman. He is a bit more of a risk but I just can't pass up that potential. His size, athleticism and versatility are incredible and his potential is limitless. He has some bust potential but he also has JJ Watt type upside if he can harness his talents and find some consistency. I gotta go with the athletic freak with huge versatility.

I think both both of these players, it all comes down to fit.

Donald is a one gap player up the field player.

Hageman is a prototypical two gap player that needs a lot of coaching.

In his career in New England, BB has drafted one gap shooting DT and that was Wilfork. BB then promptly turned him into a two gapper.

Bottom line though is we could really use a Donald or Quarles type on third down passing plays Anything to generate a pass rush.

I'd go with Donald, a bird in the hand...

I had this issue before. It was Kerrigan vs. Watt. They both seemed ridiculously disruptive and I decided that if the players seem pretty even, always go with the bigger one.

Using this logic, I have no choice but to go with Hageman.

im still not sold 100% on hageman, given the choice it would be Donald

I would go with the donald. BB likes read react players not one gapping phenoms. So I don't think it happens.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back