PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gutierrez cut, Andrew Walter signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Moss once compliment this guy at Oakland? Does no harm to bring him in I guess, maybe with some good players around him for once he might look a little better.

Training camp in 2006 Moss complimented him...

Games Started: 9

INTs: 16
Fumbles: 15
Sacks: 51

Well, that's something.

He played for the Raiders in 2006...he's lucky to be able to walk after that season.

Walters, Gutz (apparently not), Bishop, Davey, whoever.......I don't care and I pray to god its a moot point.

If anyone not named Brady is playing a meaningful snap this season, it will be crushing. I really could care less who is holding the clipboard.

If we learned anything this decade it's that we need to care who is holding the clipboard...as much as it sucks to think, it's twice that it really mattered.

Training camp in 2006 Moss complimented him...
We also know BB quized Doug Gabriel when he was here about a certain WR then in Oakland, that insight helped him paint a picture of the player. I'm sure BB sought similar input before looking into the Walter option... ;)

Did something happen to KOC in the offseason? He was the No. 2 all last year. Now he isn't capable? Wha hoppened?

Edit: Actually KOC wasn't No. 2 all year. He was No. 3 for the first seven minutes of game one :D

That's just it. He was the #2 by default. BB kinda likes guys to earn it. Brady had by year 2. Ditto Cassel. KOC may but he isn't there yet apparently except, again, by default.

Did something happen to KOC in the offseason? He was the No. 2 all last year. Now he isn't capable? Wha hoppened?

Edit: Actually KOC wasn't No. 2 all year. He was No. 3 for the first seven minutes of game one :D

Actually wasn't suggesting anything about O'Connell's ability to be a #2. He obviously has enough. Just suggesting that the Pats may believe that O'Connell isn't mentally ready to lead the team for a whole season should <unthinkable situation that I refuse to mention> happen early on.

Young QB's need enough latitude to grow...but that also leaves plenty of room to fail. Filling in for a game or two, there is only so much damage you can do. Take over a SB favorite with a full season staring you in the face, and that can mess up your development if you aren't ready.

Cassel had 2 more years of experience in the system and he still played tentative (almost scared at times) for the 1st half of the season. Not saying that O'Connell isn't mentally ready. Just saying that there are reasons for going with an experienced #3 if you need a fill-in for an extended number of games.

andrew walter actually isn't bad

as long as he can stay healthy, he should be ok

you have to remember with walter, when he played, it was behind one of the worst pass blocking olines ever

Judging players from the Raiders is tough... their coaching is so bad that even decent players can look terrible.

Walter has nice size and set all of the major passing records at Arizona St, he can chuck it. He even surpassed Elway's Pac-10 career mark for touchdown passes/85-77. He's a classic dropback passer and the biggest question mark coming into the NFL about Walter was his lack of mobility and that's still the biggest question mark with him now after 4 NFL seasons. He got sacked a lot in Oakland but I believe that was due to really horrendous O-line play. Let's see what he can do in camp and pre-season, time will tell.

Andrew Walter is better than his career stats indicate.

I was there in that horrific 2006 season, and that was absolutely the worse O-Line performance and the worse offense (11 ppg) I have ever seen. Most of his horrible stats come from that 2006 season. That season was on the bed-and-breakfast OC in Tom Walsh and his back to the 70s antiquated vertical offense.

Andrew Walter was never given a real chance with the Raiders.

I think he will be a pleasant surprise IF given a chance.

Walter has nice size and set all of the major passing records at Arizona St, he can chuck it. He even surpassed Elway's Pac-10 career mark for touchdown passes/85-77. He's a classic dropback passer and the biggest question mark coming into the NFL about Walter was his lack of mobility and that's still the biggest question mark with him now after 4 NFL seasons. He got sacked a lot in Oakland but I believe that was due to really horrendous O-line play. Let's see what he can do in camp and pre-season, time will tell.

Wasn't one of the big issues for O'Connell at SDSU the, ahem, offensive play of his OL?

Has one player ever accounted for more than 31 turnovers in 9 career starts? That has to be a record.

Moss actually made Walter kinda decent in Minnesota.

Wasn't one of the big issues for O'Connell at SDSU the, ahem, offensive play of his OL?

Yeah, in college in a weak conference. Walter's issue was as a pretty good college QB trying to transition into the NFL during the blackest period of the black hole...the same atmosphere Randy Moss begged and pleaded his way out of.

2006 Oakland Raiders were the 10th lowest scoring team ever averaging 10.5 ppg. Scored less than 10 pts 7 out of 16 games.

Tom Walsh was the absolute worse OC in the history of the NFL.

Andrew Walter stats mainly came from the 2006 season after Aaron Brooks suffered a chest injury almost midway during that season. The offensive line was an absolute train wreck. No QB had a chance that season.

The last two season he has been the 3rd QB....after JaMarcus Russell was drafted.

The man does have some skills....he just needs a chance with a program like the Patriots....will he make it...I don't know...depends on how fast he shakes the rust and crap that the Raiders gave him during his 4 seasons there....and a little time.

I rather have Michael Vick.

Yuck.

I'd rather have Brian Griese, but his price tag is likely too prohibitive.

BTW, when exactly was Waltah released? I seem to have forgotten that he was even available.

Yuck.

I'd rather have Brian Griese, but his price tag is likely too prohibitive.

BTW, when exactly was Waltah released? I seem to have forgotten that he was even available.
he was just released a couple days ago , it fueled a little vick to oakland hype for about 5 minutes

You guys cried out that you wanted a Raider to come to Foxboro so it was done by request,However Kraft misunderstood you and signed Walter instead of Burress:banned:

His statistics are so terrible, but I trust Belichick and his eye for quarterbacks, especially after last season.

You guys cried out that you wanted a Raider to come to Foxboro so it was done by request,However Kraft misunderstood you and signed Walter instead of Burgess:banned:

Fixed your post for you. . . . Burress is going to be :banned: for another reason. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST