PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk fined 7.5k for spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought when it happened (and they replayed it ad nauseum). It appeared Gronk didn't even see the other guy - he was just psyched he made the TD. How ridiculous is the NFL getting?

Yeah, he was looking for an official to call it a TD; looked the other way and didn't see one, turned around and saw the signal, then went into his TD trance. Guess it's one of those things that comes with a mandated fine, but, really ... silly. Anybody who looks at that video and thinks he intended to show up the defender is blind or stupid.

Would of been sweet if the ball jumped up and hit the jets player in the nuts.

That was as disgusting a call as I've ever seen in the NFL. What is Dawkins supposed to do in that situation, sprinkle fairy dust on Burress and hope he drops the ball? Apparently, hitting him, or even hitting the ball, which is what he did, is now against NFL rules. And what makes someone a "defenseless" receiver? If it means that anytime he is catching the ball, he is defenseless, then there is no way a defender can ever legally dislodge the ball??? And we wonder why all the passing records are in jeopardy? I HATE this commissioner.

That was a weird call. And, on the other side, there were at least two hits on Sanchez after he got rid of the ball, that seem like they should have been obvious penalties under the new rules -- and a third that was close. I thought the ref let Denver get in a few shots that you don't usually see. I can see where it's hard for the players to develop any sense of consistency.

Omissioner_Clouseau.jpg

Exactly.
10ch

This is effin BS. The NFL is turning more and more into a pansy league.

:yeahthat:
Bill Polian's ugly rears again. When the Pats' D ripped his precious offense aka Peytie a new one, Polian demanded the rules be changed and the game hasn't been the same since.

The Pats earned that spike; this league is punishing the wrong kinds of things. Welker's snow angel. Really. LOL Rosie Colvin:rocker:

LT leaves the field crying and pouting but that's an ok example for an NFL player to set; godforbid a player be overcome by his actual achievement, love of competition, or the rush of sheer adrenalin. Those emotions are instead punished by some pansy fine that serves no purpose except to remind you that football is now a Gentlemen's Game.

Last edited:
This has become ridiculous now. The sooner Goodell is replaced the better.

This has become ridiculous now. The sooner Goodell is replaced the better.

I'm not a Goodell fan.

Does anyone know his exact role in determining fines and their amounts? Shouldn't there be some separate committee?

Of all the shyt that goes on in the NFL, this is a completely idiotic fine...
Ahh but remember he spiked it near a player on God-dels team. I'm sure he didn't like that. And now that hes comish he can take revenge.

LOL @ the NFL...bunch of ****ies

The fine is consitant with other fines for similiar.

what about the time Braylon did the dougie in Butlers face?

or when the Jets were doing back flips and running all over the field last year in the playoff game?

3d57937b97756c19fe0e6a7067001404.jpg

New England Patriots' Rob Gronkowski (87) catches a pass for a touchdown in front of New York Jets free safety Eric Smith (33) and Marquice Cole (34) during the second quarter of an NFL football game Sunday, Nov. 13, 2011 in East Rutherford, N.J. (AP

2011-11-14T040632Z_01_ERD26_RTRIDSP_3_NFL.jpg

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (top) catches a touchdown pass in front of New York Jets cornerback Donald Strickland during the third quarter of their NFL football game in East Rutherford, New Jersey, November 13, 2011. REUTERS/Mike

Wow that is completely absurd. I'm sure he didn't even look at the defender when he did. I'm still ok with the penalty, but to fine him... that is beyond me.

Out of curiosity, how much did Marvin Harrison get fined for this?

I was thinking the same during the game.

I don't think Harrison was fined, but he got 5 Classy points.

If it was for taunting, then it's a penalty NOT a fine, was there even a penalty?, Absurd, Godell has to go, he's out of his bleeping mind!

ok, yes I remember that there was a penalty, but it doesn't warrant a fine

Though if I was rich, 7,500 dollars for rubbing it in the face of the jets is money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes