PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Darlington: Gronk "frustrated" with BB; likely to play for NE if Brady is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, playing for BB has to be extremely difficult, I am dead serious. The amount of singular mental focus it must take to stay at the very high level he demands must be exhausting. There's a reason guys are considered "once in a generation". They are special, and they care only about one thing: winning football games. It consumes them. Perhaps Gronk is mentally tired of the grind. Abused by defenders. Ridden by the coaches. Fans who want a piece of him. Everyone around him chasing dollar signs. His HoF QB talking about the end game. I would think the guy would just like to be a 28 year old guy, sit on a beach and chill. Enjoy some of the "trappings" that come with being a successful, single athlete built like a Greek God. Perhaps that frustration spilled out on that nasty BS cheap shot he did on Tre'Davious White.

I'm not saying that his life sucks. Quite the contrary. He's never lived check to check, never had to worry about paying the rent or buying groceries. But that doesn't mean it's not a stressful, tiresome grind. He certainly could go play for another team, where he could relax mentally and just play the game. But I am willing to bet good money that he knows that the Gronk Persona he's created thrives here in Foxboro. It makes him more money later if he's here now. In pretty much any other NFL city, he's just another great athlete. I am also willing to be that he looks at a place South Beach or Southern California and thinks "man, that would be great. Play football, get paid, have no stress." Bur deep down, he knows as long as Brady is here, this is the place to be. I would add: we all suspect Brady might also be frustrated, and that must affect Gronk as well.

I am not gonna bash the guy because the grind might be wearing thin. If he's vocal about it, that's how guys get traded out of here. It might happen. Then again, he might just shut up and take it. If he's vocal, and he's a contrarian voice in the locker room, then he should be traded. If he's a good soldier, then he'll shut up and Do His Job.

That was a novel, compared to most of my posts.

Just want to point out, that ALL of this is fiction. You have no idea or perspective on any of this. And yet you speak like it is a fact, and it is far, far, far away from fact. It was a long piece though, well written and totally made up. :D

No team is there every year. The Patriots get there more than any other team in the modern era.

BB + Brady
  1. Brady has been the team's starting QB for 16 seasons. The team has made the playoffs in 15 of them, and has made the AFCCG in 12 of those 16 years.
  2. BB has been the head coach of the Patriots for 2 seasons where Brady was not his QB. The Patriots did not make the playoffs in either of those seasons.
  3. BB was the head coach of the Browns for 5 seasons. The Browns made the playoffs once.
  4. BB has been the head coach of a Brady QB'd team for 16 seasons. He's missed the playoffs in only one of those 16 seasons.
  5. BB has been the head coach of a non-Brady QB'd team for 7 seasons. He's made the playoffs in only one of those 7 seasons.

Due to how BB manages the cap.

Rarely have the Pats been in cap trouble. Guys take less money and dont complain for the good of the team. Its ignorant to gloss over that as meaningless.

Due to how BB manages the cap.

Rarely have the Pats been in cap trouble. Guys take less money and dont complain for the good of the team. Its ignorant to gloss over that as meaningless.

Cap management? Cap management is why the team didn't make the playoffs in 2008?

rofl.gif

Cap management? Cap management is why the team didn't make the playoffs in 2008?

rofl.gif

An 11 - 5 missed the playoffs.

A lesser team would have folded up after Brady went out. The NE salary cap structure allows the Patriots to be in the hunt every year. No other team has done that for this long. 17 years is unheard of.

there's an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire .... even for this oragnization

stuff gets old........stale

this most recent SB loss more than any other season-ending loss, had the appearance of hubris.....a bunch of egos reaching the end of their useful life together

I'd bet that behind all of this, there was plenty of fingerpointing about a game that could have been won, and everyone having a part in it.....'cept gronk and the guys who are already gone

For the 69th time.. this is all speculation!
Girl, what if it's not just speculation of the Gronk kind but real, Page 6 gossip?

Just want to point out, that ALL of this is fiction. You have no idea or perspective on any of this. And yet you speak like it is a fact, and it is far, far, far away from fact. It was a long piece though, well written and totally made up. :D
Is there any part of it that is portrayed as fact? Nope. All my opinion. You know, words and phrases like "perhaps", "I would think", "willing to bet", and of course, "might" generally would give it away that I am not a mole in the locker room, nor am I buds with Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back