PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk and Bennett best TE combo in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murderer & Gronk were better duo at this point imo. The murderer was an incredible talent in this offense and could've had a HOF career.

Yea wtf talk about our luck

Murderer & Gronk were better duo at this point imo. The murderer was an incredible talent in this offense and could've had a HOF career.

That's kinda where I am.

The old TE Party had a three season run from which we could judge. Gronk and Marty have the potential to be much better, especially because Marty is a more complete TE than the murderer. Let's give it time and see where it goes.

That's kinda where I am.

The old TE Party had a three season run from which we could judge. Gronk and Marty have the potential to be much better, especially because Marty is a more complete TE than the murderer. Let's give it time and see where it goes.

Murderer would have had a 90/1000 yd/6TD season in 2013 after WW left.

Scumbag.

It will also help if we have at least one healthy RB.

Sankey of Gaffney could be activated as insurance.

Lets give this more time...

As of now, I dont know if this is the best TE combo in TEAM history..

The 2011 combo was pretty special..

We win against Denver last year if he didn't kill anybody
Brady would likely be working on ring 6 or 7 by now if the murderer didn't lose his marbles.

He may have been a serial killer but let's talk plainly, he was an incredible talent. One of the best in the NFL. That combo we had 2010-12 was unreal

Could you imagine Gronk duoing with mid 90's Ben Coates..?

Do you guys think Marty B could have a Gates / Gonzalez kind of longevity for the Patriots ? Which ones of Marty's skills (receiving or blocking) should we expect to see decline first ? And all things considered, would it be safe to resign him through his 33rd year (3 year extension) ? Would it be worth it (somewhere in the 7.5-9.5M$ AAVG range depending on his market and willingness to take a discount) ?

If you're going to judge based on numbers alone, it will be hard to argue against the 2011 group.

Shannon Sharpe and Ben Coates were on the same team once. Granted Ben was close to being done and Sharpe was on the back 9.

In their primes I might take them over Gronk and Marty
Are you kidding?

Are you kidding?
I agree. Bennett's numbers are similar to Coate's and if he plays as long will have really similar overall stats.

You would have to make a convincing argument that Sharpe was close enough to Gronk to make taking Coates over Bennett worth it and I doubt anyone could make that argument.

Even if you could argue that Sharpe's receiving ability was on par with Gronk, Gronk's blocking ability is vastly superior and not even comparable.

Murderer would have had a 90/1000 yd/6TD season in 2013 after WW left.

Scumbag.
To this day, I believe that BB was expecting the offense to go through the TEs, esp the killer, in 2013 while the other receivers caught on. I think he was expecting the killer to play the Wes Weller role while 12 built chemistry with the rest.

I agree. Bennett's numbers are similar to Coate's and if he plays as long will have really similar overall stats.

You would have to make a convincing argument that Sharpe was close enough to Gronk to make taking Coates over Bennett worth it and I doubt anyone could make that argument.

Even if you could argue that Sharpe's receiving ability was on par with Gronk, Gronk's blocking ability is vastly superior and not even comparable.
Gronk and Bennett are the 2 best blockers in the group. Gronk is easily the best receiver.
Bennett, in his prime which is the criteria is right in the mix with the other 2.
Bennett had had more mediocre seasons but at his best he compares.
Gronk and any if the other 3 is easily the best combo. Gronk is so much better than any of them as an all around TE and as a receiver TE that it's no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3