PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk and Bennett best TE combo in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even the best tight end combo the pats have ever had.

People forget how good hernandez was and frankly I thought he was better than gronk
Gronks ability as a blocker makes him so much better than AH, but yeah we all like to forget just how good AH was, for obvious reasons.

Yeah

Except no

The only thing that I can say for sure gronk is better at is blocking.

Hernandez wad his equal in every other part and let's not forget he didn't even have the past 4 seasons to develop his skills more so.

Also what a deplorable comment. Even if I'm wrong were talking about a 1A and 1B type comparison. He would be our second best receiver at worst if he was on our roster. Nothing for you to scoff at
Oh come on. Sure AH was great but there is no way he was a better TE than Gronk. The comment was scoff worthy. This is Rob Gronkowsky we are talking about here, not Dan, right?

AH was great. While Gronk Gronks, AH was very illusive. He was very versatile (Slot/RB) and quick to get open. Needed to work on his fumbling issues though.
Blocking wise, he was no where near Gronk. I didn't know who was better in their rookie year but year 2 looked like it was probably Señor Gronkowski.

I know how much Marty seems to be enjoying NE, but I think we need to be ready for a 2016-only TE fiesta here. He is going to be 30, other teams will want this "new Bennett" & the money will be too significant to interest BB.

I am loving this combo - regardless of the reception stats - because as blockers, having two huge TEs that excel is amazing. LG having his best season ? Not a coincidence. As the season goes on, as temperatures sink, we are gonna love this duo more and more.

AH + Gronk >>>>>> Gronk + Bennett

Oh come on. Sure AH was great but there is no way he was a better TE than Gronk. The comment was scoff worthy. This is Rob Gronkowsky we are talking about here, not Dan, right?

Regardless. They both came in the same season and I always liked hernandez more.

He started off faster so maybe that's why

And this isn't a slight on gronk cause gronk is amazing. It's just of my opinion that the pats literally had the two best tight ends in the league at the same time. Not to mention they were 21 and 20 at the time

Tough to decide because AH was pretty amazing and was actually a better blocker than given credit for. But I think I am going to give Bennett the edge for multiple reasons. Bennett is actually a better blocker than Gronk. He allows running backs to get to the edge better than most tackles do. I've noticed this when I watched Forte's runs and it is continuing here. And the biggest reason I give him the edge is because AH had shaky hands. AH dropped some easy passes from time to time and he wasn't a true redzone target because he was on the smallish side for tight ends.

Donovan McNab on ESPN radio this AM, talking about the bad OL play around the league (from memory): "Tight ends in the NFL are all just glorified wide receivers now, except for Gronk and Martellus."

How lucky are we to have 2 great blocking TEs who also happen to be better receivers than all the 'receiving-only' types out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes