PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk is psyched to play alongside Bennett...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really separeted AH to everyone is that he, like Edelman for instance, knew how to properly adjust his routes, which is super important to the Pats' receivers. I can't predict how well Bennet will do this, but i'm very confident, he seems to have great ball instincts

Great points. Agree

As a receiver, Hernandez is better than Bennet, but he doesn't come close to as good as a blocker (And he was a decent blocker, off the line)

AH a decent in-line blocker? Not sure about that.

AH was probably a better receiver. Lotta drops in his last year. He was hurt but also had that injured index finger on his right hand.

Gronk-Bennett-Edelman-Hogan-Lewis

Harbor-Williams-Amendola-Mitchell/Washington-Blount/Bolden

Our B-squad 2-TE 2-WR 1-RB offense is still pretty decent...

Gronk-Bennett-Edelman-Hogan-Lewis

Harbor-Williams-Amendola-Mitchell/Washington-Blount/Bolden

Our B-squad 2-TE 2-WR 1-RB offense is still pretty decent...

People are sleeping on Keyshawn Martin. Because of his ST and schematic versatility, I think he is making the team before Washington

People are sleeping on Keyshawn Martin. Because of his ST and schematic versatility, I think he is making the team before Washington
True, but I felt like "Mitchell/Martin/Washington" was too long for my purposes. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Martin made the team - very versatile player.

True, but I felt like "Mitchell/Martin/Washington" was too long for my purposes. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Martin made the team - very versatile player.

I hear you.

In theory he could be easily cut as he is the clear-cut 5th WR as Mitchell will make the team.

What may possibly be the best potential weapon in the arsenal is not one specific player or package, but rather the almost infinite number of packages that the Patriots can trot out onto the field. It could potentially be a nightmare for opponents to prepare and game plan for.

An opponent could study last week's game, prepare based off of that, and then see a different offense based on different packages when they play the Patriots.

(Insert sinister evil mad scientist diabolical laugh here.)

I for one would rather have a Devin Lucien than a Brandon Boldin.

AH a decent in-line blocker? Not sure about that.

AH was probably a better receiver. Lotta drops in his last year. He was hurt but also had that injured index finger on his right hand.
Oh, not in line, but he was great blocking for receiver down the field and for running backs. Very underrated

brady being suspended ****s all of this up.

I would be too. I don't think Gronk missed a game when AHern played alongside him. Bennett's signing has the added benefit of Brady not overly relying on Gronk at the position. Both guys will still get plenty of targets but less tread.

Dare I say it... Are we looking at the best offense in team history... Even over the greatest offense ever (2007)

What may possibly be the best potential weapon in the arsenal is not one specific player or package, but rather the almost infinite number of packages that the Patriots can trot out onto the field. It could potentially be a nightmare for opponents to prepare and game plan for.

An opponent could study last week's game, prepare based off of that, and then see a different offense based on different packages when they play the Patriots.

(Insert sinister evil mad scientist diabolical laugh here.)

That is what we started off with last season before Edelman got injured. We'd just run a vanilla offense the first series to get a feel for what defense the other team was running at us and adjust accordingly, and keep adjusting.

We may be able to return to that dynamic offense if the new players can pick up on the offense quickly enough- may be asking too much of them to do that, but we'll see.

Dare I say it... Are we looking at the best offense in team history... Even over the greatest offense ever (2007)
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back