PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Hardy suspension reduced from 10 to 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL likely reduced this to 4 games hoping Hardy will just take the 4 games instead of going to court and getting it knocked down 2 games. Hardy should probably still take this to court, b/c their is a good chance it goes down to 2 games.

He said he would.........we'll see.

This was done on purpose with the NFL taking into account who the Cowboys play in week 5.
Bingo! A conspiracist! And because he's in Dallas maybe he can inquire about who in the grassy knoll put a bullet in Kennedy

Glen Farley @GFarley_ent
As it stands, Greg Hardy's first game in would be Tom Brady's last game out. What's wrong with that picture?

Nothing at all, Glen if you have been following the NFL throughout this past year........

BTW, have you heard the lastest joke/riddle?

Q: How many former Jets employees does it take to screw up the NFL front office?

A; We'll tell you when they are finally done hiring more........

Last edited:
It speaks volumes to me that I hear this news, see posts with nutty conspiracy theories that the suspension is timed to get him back to play the Patriots, and think....yeah, that sounds about right.

air pressure in a ball = beating the **** out of a woman.

goodell should throw brady's suspension out but he won't. if their was truly neutral arbitrator, brady walks. instead he's gonna have to go to federal court lol

To be fair, Hardy already missed 15 games. I assume that was (and should be) taken into account.

Once again, even the NFL's chosen/preferred arbiter has ruled against Goodell's punishment. How long will the owners allow such an incompetent to be the face of their league?

beating up a woman

equals

More probable than not being generally aware that someone (maybe) wanted to take an immeasurably small amount of air out of some footballs, but apparently didn’t.
See my bolded edit.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/619575522025177088

Good, looks like Rosenhaus/Hardy are still considering further legal action. Glad they didn't fall for the old "over-punish by a huge amount so that we can reduce it to what we wanted in the first place and look reasonable" trick. Moving the middle is a lame tactic and I'm not surprised that Rosenhaus is smart enough to see right through it.

I hope he takes the NFL to court and wins even with the reduced suspension. I know he's a ****ty person who deserves the suspension, but I just want to see many examples as possible of Goodell getting cut down in court.

hardy was paid all last season. think of it as paid vacation...
the league is a joke.

Good point, but FWIW it ended up costing him quite a bit in FA; basically killed his ability to get a big multi-year deal. If he gets injured during his prove-it deal with Dallas, it could easily cost him tens of millions.

Last edited:
The NFL wants to be able to appease the angry masses by pointing to this when they get accused of offering "special treatment" to Brady next week after reducing his suspension to 1 or 2 games.

Good point, but FWIW he was being paid on the last year of a 7th round rookie deal. He wasn't on the field, and that ended up costing him quite a bit in FA; basically killed his ability to get a big multi-year deal. If he gets injured during his prove-it deal with Dallas, it could easily cost him tens of millions.

no, carolina franchised hardy last year so he made like 12 million...

herm edwards/schiano are delighted right now yet theyre all outraged over air pressure in a ball.

no, carolina franchised hardy last year so he made like 12 million...

herm edwards/schiano are delighted right now yet theyre all outraged over air pressure in a ball.

Yeah you're right, my bad. Will go back and edit my original post.

Has a single punishment leveled by Goodell that has subsequently gone to a neutral arbitrator not been reduced or thrown out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes