PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Cosell on Brady........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, the DB was faster than the receiver. If he outthrew the DB it would have been overthrown. Edelman barely slowed. Great throw by Brady.
=

Giving a DB a chance to break up a pass for a wide open WR with an underthrown ball = great throw? Strange.

=

Giving a DB a chance to break up a pass for a wide open WR with an underthrown ball = great throw? Strange.

Hilarious. On a deep pass where the WR never breaks stride and is the only one that put his hands on the ball and comes down with it is now considered a bad throw.

tumblr_mdjxtxhZrU1r9wybv.gif

TROLL

=

I suppose you would rather have him throw an incompletion by overthrowing the DB?
Edelman barely slowed, the DB was outrunning him and closing on him. Absolutely a great throw

Yes. That one. Edelman was open by three yards. The only reason the DB was on his back and had a chance at breaking up the pass was because it was underthrown. Most NFL QBs can complete passes to WRs as open as Edelman was. Brady's lack of arm strength gave a DB a chance to break up a pass that could have gone for 6 with a stronger throw.

If Edelman is open by 3 yards, Brady can afford to underthrow it by 1-2 yards. In the past, he has played it too safe and overthrown his receiver by 1-2 yards, resulting in an incompletion. It is called working within your margin for error. That's a great throw.

I won't accept verdicts on Brady's ability to throw the deep ball until he gets a chance to step into a few of them. As things stand, he may have to reach to a new pinnacle of greatness and learn to step into his throws by planting his foot on the facemask of his pancaked offensive linemen.

Hilarious. On a deep pass where the WR never breaks stride and is the only one that put his hands on the ball and comes down with it is now considered a bad throw.

tumblr_mdjxtxhZrU1r9wybv.gif

TROLL

Never breaks stride??? Did you watch the play?

I suppose you would rather have him throw an incompletion by overthrowing the DB?
Edelman barely slowed, the DB was outrunning him and closing on him. Absolutely a great throw

I'd rather him not give a DB a chance to break up a pass to a wide open guy. I have a feeling people claiming Brady's downfield/outside the numbers throwing ability hasn't declined are going to look foolish by the end of the year. I'd rather he was a freak of nature, and his abilities weren't declining at 37, but the reality that they are is becoming obvious to more and more people.

I suppose we drafted a QB in the 2nd round because Brady is showing absolutely no signs of slowing down. Please.

Umm, the DB was faster than the receiver. If he outthrew the DB it would have been overthrown. Edelman barely slowed. Great throw by Brady.
It really looked like an underthrow to me. JE had to slow down quite a bit to adjust and make a great catch.

I'd rather him not give a DB a chance to break up a pass to a wide open guy. I have a feeling people claiming Brady's downfield/outside the numbers throwing ability hasn't declined are going to look foolish by the end of the year. I'd rather he was a freak of nature, and his abilities weren't declining at 37, but the reality that they are is becoming obvious to more and more people.

I suppose we drafted a QB in the 2nd round because Brady is showing absolutely no signs of slowing down. Please.
Looking for competition?

It really looked like an underthrow to me. JE had to slow down quite a bit to adjust and make a great catch.
Didn't look to me like he slowed much, and in any event, the pass was completed.

His throw to Edelman was comically bad. Edelman was wide open, and Brady under threw him with a lollipop throw that seemed to hang in the air for an eternity. I could not agree more with this guy's assessment. Watching the Lion's game from the other night, I couldn't help but be envious of some of the throws Stafford is able to make. I'm not saying he's the best decision maker out there, but when you watch some of these big-armed guys, Brady's limitations become more apparent.
Matthew Stafford has judgment, decision-making and"clutch" limitations that Tom Brady doesn't have, has never had and will never have. Your lust for "big-armed guys" speaks volumes.

Matthew Stafford has judgment, decision-making and"clutch" limitations that Tom Brady doesn't have, has never had and will never have. Your lust for "big-armed guys" speaks volumes.

I mentioned that, and I don't know that I would take Stafford over Brady even at this point of their respective careers. My point was when you see someone making strong, impressive throws, it magnifies the limitations Brady has as a thrower at this point in his career. I was speaking purely of throwing ability. I am well aware there is much more than that to being an NFL QB. However, at some point physical limitations start to outweigh "judgement and decision making". I feel we are nearing that point with Brady.

Yup, we all know that Brady NEVER EVER struggles in ... MIAMI. [/sarcasm]

iapatsfan is projecting his own "limitations" here if you know what I mean.

It was an underthrow. That is the problem with debating this. If someone can't acknowledge this obvious truth, I don't know how anything they say is in any way credible.

We had One of These "big-armed guys" once- one of the better ones in the league..... His name was Bledsoe. Just in case iapatsfans had forgot;

Oh, by the way... TB replaced him......cause he was better!

iapatsfan,

Do you ever post when things are going well for the team? Do you ever make posts that could be construed as positive toward the team and/or its players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back