PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard dealing with Playoff Level Stupidity Listening Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt Brady's play was good and had some great plays. Had more plus plays then most of the games this season. Had some negative plays and trick plays helped. A good, not a great performance.
Putting up 35 points, none off turnovers, and coming back twice from 14 point deficits, while not handing the ball off a single time after 4:18 of the SECOND QUARTER is inarguably a GREAT performance. If it isn't, what is?

Brady isn't perfect.

But really, to say he was only good, not great this game is just taking objective criticism too far.

I can think of three bad plays Brady made in that game:

- The incompletion to Amendola (the one that was challenged). He had time, space, and Amendola had separation. No reason that ball should have been that tough.

- The interception at the end of the first half.

- The sack that took them out of field goal range.

Three costly mistakes for sure, but three out of 50+ drop backs is pretty damn good.

Said toward people who criticize Brady's playoff performances in general that people need to lower their expectations in the playoffs because the competition is tougher. People judge his performances far too harshly.

In general, people put all the blame on Brady when the offense struggles in the playoffs. For example, if a team shows them a two deep safety formation, you gotta be able to run the ball. And that isn't on Brady if they don't.

Expects the NFL to tweak the rules based on play. Expect to make it so that defenses have more time.

Yeah I doubt this happens at all. They had plenty of time and were too dumb to notice what was going on. That's on them not the fact they had too little time.

Yeah I doubt this happens at all. They had plenty of time and were too dumb to notice what was going on. That's on them not the fact they had too little time.

I think it's just a matter of teams being able to recognize it. You could argue that it places the offense at a weakness, while Ravens fans are complaining that it's against the spirit of the game and is evidence of poor gamesmanship.

I totally disagree with Bedard on Brady. He was great, not just good. Even if his throws weren't always difficult. He dinked and dunked to perfection and lifted his team over a major rival on a big stage. Was really the key in overcoming a record two 14 point deficits. When you look at how he put the team on his back when he defense was getting killed was damn impressive. He showed greatness. IMO his best playoff performance since the 2008 Jax game.

Three Ups:

1. Vollmer and Solder

2. Brady - Thought he was very good, but not going to discount that he gave the Ravens 7 points at the end of the first half.

3. Chandler Jones - Know people won't agree with it. Said he had 6 pressures in the first half and 10 for the whole game. Said Flacco just adjusted. Said a lot of QBs would have crumbled.​

Chandler Jones Bedard's 3rd up, "was outstanding".

Downs
Had a hard time finding three. He only has two.
1. Siliga - Got run over in the running game.
2. Wendell - Gave up 5 pressures. Had a really tough assignment with Ngata. Can say with the mismatch he did a good job. If he was worried about something going forward is the smallness on the interior of the o-line. Wendell wears down.

I'd give Wendell a pass given that he had to fill in for Stork and go up against Ngata. And I'd take McCourty as an "up". Maybe Chung, too.

Greg Bedard "Chandler Jones was outstanding"

Okay there Greg.

http://www.gfycat.com/ImmenseCleverCormorant
Is he just being a contrarian to popular opinions from the game? I don't think anyone on the DL did very well. Any pressures Jones may have gotten didn't seem to affect Flacco much. he didn't seem to make any impact. Plus the line got shredded by the Ravens line and Forsett.

Surprised he'd put any DLineman as an up.

Is he just being a contrarian to popular opinions from the game? I don't think anyone on the DL did very well. Any pressures Jones may have gotten didn't seem to affect Flacco much. he didn't seem to make any impact. Plus the line got shredded by the Ravens line and Forsett.

I agree with him that the INT does knock down his overall grade. It was a horrible and costly pass. If the Pats lost this game, he would have been a significant reason. Of course because they won, he was even more of a significant reason.

And people keep talking about the 35 points scored and don't mention that 7 came from a 50 yard pass from Edelman.

Not discounting his performance, but can see Bedard's point. He still had Brady at #2 in his three ups.

Anyone with a clue would understand if a team rushes for 14 yards and doesn't hand the ball off to a RB once the second half, and still puts up 35 points, the QB played great.

Baltimore was 6th in the NFL in defense ppg, and Brady shred them with no threat of a run game or a stable OL in the 2nd half. Besides that one bad INT, Brady had an A game.

The Pats are playing golf this weekend with any other QB in the league.

He showed greatness. IMO his best playoff performance since the 2008 Jax game.
His numbers were better vs JAX, HOU in 2013 Div and DEN in 2012 Div but because of what Andy said earlier- down 14 twice and 35 points on legit drives was nothing short of legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes