PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: Vikings didn't tamper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more. He's scatological. His lack of prescience is frightening......

Eh? What are you using a thesaurus or something? That's not fair. I'm not that smart.

I don't know if every move Goodell makes being compared to Spygate is fair or very productive. He handled Spygate poorly and went way overboard with the punishiment, but it is over. I am guessing that if Goodell had to do it over again, he would have handled it much differently.

Fact of the matter is unless either Childress or Favre admits to talking about Favre playing with the Vikes, tampering is hard to prove even with the phone records. There is no NFL rule preventing Favre from talking to Childress especially after he retired, they just cannot talk about Favre playing in Minnesotta. In the San Fran/Briggs case, there were supposably e-mail correspondence that got them in trouble.

I am sure that the Vikings did tamper with Favre. I don't think there is any definitive way to prove it even with the phone records. Why get all upset about it?

I do not think that is correct. I do not think coaches, GMs etc are allowed to talk to players under contract with other teams. What do you think Favre was talking to the HC of another team about, the opera?

I do not think that is correct. I do not think coaches, GMs etc are allowed to talk to players under contract with other teams. What do you think Favre was talking to the HC of another team about, the opera?

Yeah this is yet another failure by the great commish. Integrity my a s s....

Coaches and GM's talk to players under contract with other teams all the time. Just take a look at what happens after every football game to see the coaches mingling.

Coaches and GM's talk to players under contract with other teams all the time. Just take a look at what happens after every football game to see the coaches mingling.

True; but how often does such a player tell his team to trade him and refuse to seriously talk to anyone except the head coach he's been on record talking to? How does Favre even know the Vikings want him? Why is he so adamant about playing for them?

Now the report on ESPN is that Favre "plans to talk to the Bucs about a possible trade"... so a player under contract is allowed to contact other teams now to set up a trade?? I do not understand how that's not tampering and how ESPN reports it as if there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Now the report on ESPN is that Favre "plans to talk to the Bucs about a possible trade"... so a player under contract is allowed to contact other teams now to set up a trade?? I do not understand how that's not tampering and how ESPN reports it as if there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The Packers gave him permission to talk to Tampa and the Jets. They did not give him permission to talk to Minnesota. Night and day.

The Packers gave him permission to talk to Tampa and the Jets. They did not give him permission to talk to Minnesota. Night and day.

And, FWIW, according to Jay Glazer, Lord Favre would rather go to the Bucs, but the Packers would rather trade him to the JEST, since they're apparently offering more than Tampa.

[In a somewhat more bizarre story, some folks in Favre's camp are claiming that the Packers are demanding a 1 from Tampa but only a 7 from the JEST. . . .]

And, FWIW, according to Jay Glazer, Lord Favre would rather go to the Bucs, but the Packers would rather trade him to the JEST, since they're apparently offering more than Tampa.

[In a somewhat more bizarre story, some folks in Favre's camp are claiming that the Packers are demanding a 1 from Tampa but only a 7 from the JEST. . . .]

The Favre camp have complained the Packers leaked things about Favre that aren't true, so Im sure this is just retaliation. People have said anyway, that the Packers are not demanding a 1 from anyone (except maybe Minnesota).

By the way if the Jets get him for a 7, that's a coup. They won't though, that would make no sense. Besides the Packers should already have enough leverage to get a 3 or 2 because there are two teams that want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call