PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell plans more expansion of NFL games in London..

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Commissioner Goodell plans to expand NFL's presence in London

The Jaguars are being considered for two "home" games in London???

I know I'm a little dense sometimes but...uh...I fail to see the Jaguar/London connection....

oh...and I just can't let this one slip by...

The NFL will be prepared for any weather contingency at Super Bowl XLVIII in New York/New Jersey. "I expect it to be cold, and we're going to embrace that," Goodell said, adding that fans will access to "warming huts" and electric warming devices at their seats.

warming huts????...heh...warming HUTS?????....electric chairs?????....:D

Commissioner Goodell plans to expand NFL's presence in London

I know I'm a little dense sometimes but...uh...I fail to see the Jaguar/London connection....

oh...and I just can't let this one slip by...

The NFL will be prepared for any weather contingency at Super Bowl XLVIII in New York/New Jersey. "I expect it to be cold, and we're going to embrace that," Goodell said, adding that fans will access to "warming huts" and electric warming devices at their seats.

warming huts????...heh...warming HUTS?????....electric chairs?????....:D

He wants a Super Bowl in cold weather, then says they'll take special measures to keep people warm. I can't stand it. I pray that Mother Nature unleashes her wrath on this ingrate. I want a three-day blizzard followed by an ice storm followed by high winds and minus-50 wind chill. I want it delayed a week because of weather, followed by a half-full stadium witnessing a game with 20 punts and 3-0 outcome in double overtime ending at midnight. Instead of the trophy award ceremony I want to see Goodell forced to lay spread-eagle at midfield where he's run over repeatedly by a snowplow. Then they should cremate his remains and mail them to Wembley Stadium in London where they can be placed in a teapot for permanent display.

"warming huts",Tunes..."warming huts"...I mean, I imagine this board room with Lord High Gumpmissioner and 11 other lackeys sitting down and offering up their "suggestions" to make more money for their masters....imagine you're selling honeymoon vacations and you try to pitch "warming huts" to the new bride and groom as they spend their first day of marital bliss in a frozen Jersey mausoleum...what's next, discount hot chocolates if the temp goes below freezing??...Eskimo sled dog races at halftime?

They'll try this inanity and then use it to sell the next Goodellstorm, the Helsinki Snowcats and the Oslo Otters playing at 4 am EET to hit our national prime time market at 8 pm....ANYTHING is now possible....

Instead of the trophy award ceremony I want to see Goodell forced to lay spread-eagle at midfield where he's run over repeatedly by a snowplow. Then they should cremate his remains and mail them to Wembley Stadium in London where they can be placed in a teapot for permanent display.

maybe it's just me , but I sense a slight bit of dissatisfaction with the current commissioner of the NFL on your part....

"warming huts",Tunes..."warming huts"...I mean, I imagine this board room with Lord High Gumpmissioner and 11 other lackeys sitting down and offering up their "suggestions" to make more money for their masters....imagine you're selling honeymoon vacations and you try to pitch "warming huts" to the new bride and groom as they spend their first day of marital bliss in a frozen Jersey mausoleum...what's next, discount hot chocolates if the temp goes below freezing??...Eskimo sled dog races at halftime?

They'll try this inanity and then use it to sell the next Goodellstorm, the Helsinki Snowcats and the Oslo Otters playing at 4 am EET to hit our national prime time market at 8 pm....ANYTHING is now possible....

Instead of "warming huts" maybe they drape the stands in plastic, pump in steam and make it a giant Turkish bath.

I never thought about how they might stage the deluxe halftime show in bad weather. It probably should be a fat singer who won't get too cold or blown over by high winds. Hey, maybe they can have a speed ice-sculpting contest and let crowd noise decide the winner.

yeah...dogs with snow shoes jumping for frisbees...

yeah...dogs with snow shoes jumping for frisbees...

Wait a minute -- I got it! Rex and Rob Ryan wrestling polar bears! They can do it up WWF style, with a ring at midfield.

Training camp already has begun up north:

Attachments

• polar bears.jpg
    polar bears.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 81
that is pure genius...sled dog races between quarters, halftime polar bear wrestling, frozen solid football FG contests, cheerleaders in big, bulky orange and baby blue parkas sporting LL Bean rubber bottom boots and thinsulate leggings...and long, interminable lines of fans waiting for their chance in the "warming hut"...just brilliant

Goodell forgot to mention that the NFL will offer discounted valet parking for those lucky enough to buy scalped tickets at $3k each:

Attachments

• snow-traffic.jpg
    snow-traffic.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 79

Jaguars + lack of adequate home ticket sales and any interest whatsoever = Goodell's new hope for 2 "home" games in London.

The thing is, if they really DO go ahead with a Superbowl in Jersey, then they have absolutely NO excuse for not having one at Gillette. Nada. Zip.

Pimpmaster Goodell and his soul train of sycophants had better be darned careful of what they wish for.

I here the JESTS are already for it.

th

It is estimated that the NFL grosses about 6 billion /yr...OK...instead of all these idiotic, harebrained schemes to milk even more coins from the poor , sports starved yokels under every rock on the planet, how about this Mongodell egomaniac and lackeys actually bring tangible, credible issues to the table and work on solutions?

1)Look, spare me the "everyone wants a Bowl in their stadium!!!" nutsense. At 1000 bucks a pop, with half the freakin' seats already spoken for no matter where it's held, I ,personally, don't need to flex my jingoistic Patriot vocal chords screaming out "why not me too!!??'. Make the last game of the year THE perrenial event it should be by building a dedicated Sun Belt stadium.

Mookdell can focus his beady little eyes on booking enough events there year round to pay the friggin' taxes and what you get is a TRUE level playing field in perpetuity to determine the true champion, year after year. You have the same chance of getting a ticket to a Super Bowl in such a place as you do NOW of getting one in Jersey or GB or NE or Buffalo or wherever else this azzhat plans on taking his Zippy the Pinhead circus.

2)Don't just talk about the concussion issue and post career physical problems faced by ex players. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Americans don't leave their dead and wounded on the battle field. Talking out of one side of his mouth claiming he wants to address the injury issues while blabbing about 18 game seasons out of the other side is carnival barker, sideshow clownery at its worst.

3) Construct and enforce STRICT guidelines for officials and game officiating. Stop the ridiculous manipulation of outcomes by "officials" who are nothing more than catspaws answering to the whims of Ubermarshal Goebbelsdell. This past Super Bowl, from the start, was one gigantic dog and pony show but the officiating, or stark lack of any tangible officiating at all, spoke volumes as to where Goodell THINKS he's taking this league.

4)Independent arbitration of all Goodellian unilateral sanctions. No single man should EVER have the kind of power this man wields in a free society.If the argument is, well, the NFL is a private business so they can run it any way they want, then I want the feds to open the NFL books every single season and have every single red cent accounted for, and enforce every applicable federal statute that protects the NFL players(employees) from Goodelian harrassment techniques...AND we, the fans,protected from price gouging, brand defamation(Pats,N.O. etc) and undue pain and suffering endured by this lout's imbecilic actions.

What was once a game where I could sit with my dad and my uncles and my cousins and talk about days gone by and enjoy the same today has seemingly been co-opted...ripped right out from the very fabric of American sportsmanship...and the SS NFL, captained by Ahabdell has set off in search of that great green whale, Moby Cash.

2 thoughts come to mind, Joker:

1. I agree with you that all SB's should be played in a warm, sunny place (or a dome). The object is to have weather as a non-factor. Why this ever changed in the first place in beyond me, but my guess is that it's going to be NYC or nothing, so all of these "other" cold weather teams are pretty much wasting their time.

I bet if it goes well in NYC, (or actually New Jerooze) they'll consider more there, but it will never be in the constant rotation of the warm weather/domes that we usually see in an every 5 yr rotation.

2. Goodell needs to go back and read the Tagliabue/Rozell handbook on being a commissioner. In other words, he needs to make himself less seen, less heard, and lay off of the groundbreakingly horrible ideas.

The game is successful for a reason. No one wants to see continued change in drastic measures (although I agree with some of the safety measures to a degree). Goodell needs to tone it down. Actually, I'd like to see both D.Smith and Goodell find jobs as baristas at the local Starbucks.

2 thoughts come to mind, Joker:

1. I agree with you that all SB's should be played in a warm, sunny place (or a dome). The object is to have weather as a non-factor. Why this ever changed in the first place in beyond me, but my guess is that it's going to be NYC or nothing, so all of these "other" cold weather teams are pretty much wasting their time.

Playing the Super Bowl only in warm weather environments is an unfair disadvantage to cold weather teams.

Playing the Super Bowl only in warm weather environments is an unfair disadvantage to cold weather teams.

I had to read that a couple of times to make sure you weren't serious, Deus :)

I like football as played on natural grass...the sport was born on grass playing fields and should be played, whenever possible, on grass still...(In My Opinion)...some fans like the race track artificial surface that increases the speed of the game..whatever...the new field turf seems to be a pretty good compromise...but if you're going to hold the dyamed Super Bowl for krissakes, in the northeast, or specifically the NYC metro area...then yes...resoundingly YES...that game should be in a dome.

I saw the GB/Dallas championship game way back when...it was a pretty memorable game with Max McGee coming out of nowhere off the bench to become a hero BUT, really, was THAT really a measure of the better team? Dallas had a tremendous team and one IMO that was superior to the Packers that year, especially on defense. The bitter, frigid cold gave a huge advantage to the Packers over the lesser acclimated Cowboys. If that game had been played in N.O. or Arizona, I would have bet the house on Dallas.

As the league grew, those days were thought to be a thing of the past but NOW, with this idea that the penultimate game of the year will be just as well served outside in the Jersey swamp in February as any of the MANY warm venues, I have to think this league is close to jumping the shark. Who really wants to see THIS? I reach out to my friends all over the country via the net and I have yet to find anyone who has a burning desire to see the Super Bowl played in the northeast. Personally, I've never even thought of it until all these "we're gonna go to Detroit!!!" and "we taking America's game to Jacksonville!!!" disasters happened...and now I do not want to see this...as an NFL fan looking for a great matchup between the two best teams. I WANT as perfect conditions as possible. Is it me??? Do fans really want to see some sloppy ice bowl of missed tackles and weird ,quirky plays due to slippery conditions to determine the champion???

I'm biased though...I admit. There isn't any decision this clown can make that I will like at this point.

I had to read that a couple of times to make sure you weren't serious, Deus :)

I was serious, Supa. It's an unfair situation that the cold weather teams never have a chance to play in weather more suiting to their game.

I was serious, Supa. It's an unfair situation that the cold weather teams never have a chance to play in weather more suiting to their game.

I don't think you have much of an argument here, Deus. Right or wrong, the Super Bowl is more about "event," "spectacle" and $$$ than the actual game itself. Otherwise, cold-weather teams have done just fine competitively. Since the '70s Vikings I think you'd be hard-pressed to illustrate a trend in that regard. And no, the Bills don't count -- their style of play was not "weather-centric." Pats, Redskins, Broncos, Bears, Steelers, Giants, Packers and Ravens all live where the snow flies and have won it all.

When I read that God wants more games in London, all I can think of is; "mo money, mo money, mo money"...

First stretching out the season into 12 months, and now playing more games overseas....

When I read that God wants more games in London, all I can think of is; "mo money, mo money, mo money"...

First stretching out the season into 12 months, and now playing more games overseas....

I'm already holding my breath for Roger's announcement that the metric system will be adopted for all NFL games to accommodate the influx of international play. The record books will be rewritten in meters vs. yards.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back