PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: NFL planning on five London games in 2015

133515380154.gif

They can have the Jets. They would probably send them back though...

Cool. I like that football is increasing in popularity here in Europe.

Still waiting for a brazilian game though

In all seriousness, Does ANYONE besides Goddell and the Owners think about it as a good idea?

Alistair Kirkwood, managing director for NFL UK said that is false and there will be 3 games again next season. He said that to Sky during the game earlier today.

While I wish they'd give this all up, I saw an interesting column today where the writer proposed this:
  • Drop at least one preseason game
  • 19 week season
  • 2 bye weeks
  • 8 home games, 8 road games, 1 neutral-site game
That way no one would lose any home games, and having all those neutral-site games would let the NFL have a bunch of overseas games (and games in non-NFL cities back here) without having to expand the league or have overseas franchises.

Again, I'd rather keep things the way they are now, but I'd definitely take this plan over expansion or overseas franchises.

I do what little I can to advance the cause. I refuse to watch NFL games played in England. If fans boycotted the broadcasts of these games, the networks would tell the idiots at the NLF, "no mas".

Please owners...WAKE UP!!! Fire the GOONDELL and hire a competent professional. He's like Hitler insisting on invading Russia in dead winter.

Hopefully they're all in that early slot. I don’t like foreign games but that 6:30 start was nice. I hate waiting for 10am here in CA.

I can see the allure of a few games played in London, but the thought of more and more home games taken from our fans is straight ********. The idea of even having a team there is insane enough to make me want to choke out Goodell. This is Americas game, keep it in America! They can start up NFL Europe again if they want football that bad.

They better only go to the teams that can fill their own stands. As long as the home teams are like cincy..jax...mia..ext

I dont think though they would ever have the pats make that their home game. Kraft and goodell are buddies unless its a completely random process.

Please owners...WAKE UP!!! Fire the GOONDELL and hire a competent professional. He's like Hitler insisting on invading Russia in dead winter.

While I agree he needs to be fired, why blame only Goodell for this? I believe some or many owners want a team in London including our very own Kraft. The owners like him a lot and he is really only doing their bidding (most of the time) which is why he hasn't been fired already.

While I agree he needs to be fired, why blame only Goodell for this? I believe some or many owners want a team in London including our very own Kraft. The owners like him a lot and he is really only doing their bidding (most of the time) which is why he hasn't been fired already.

I agree...I think Kraft did say something about it being nice to see a team there or along those lines...NO.

leave it at 1 game were you have the bengals vs jags every year and I will be fine with it...no 5 games. that's 5 teams where some fans can't go to see their team play...pathetic.

"Goondell" is just doing what the owners want.

Question for the UK fans: are the London games still a big deal over there? Compared to the coverage they were getting the first couple years, it's not even a blip on the radar here anymore.

I understand that the Goon works for the owners. I admit you guys are right, it's the owners and their blind greed that drives this idiotic quest for eastern expansion. I just cannot stomach this rat ba$tard liar and total PR mess this Goon is and has always been.

The Goon is the one to spearhead a wholesale move into the European market? Do you realize that the ugly American stereotype will not only be reinforced by a quantum factor but a monument taller than the Eiffel tower will be erected in mocking "praise" to the utter bumbling stupidity, arrogance , presumption and smug self-importance of Roger Wingnut?

This is not the droid we are looking for.....

The Goon should be cast as Blabba the Butt in the next Star Wars movie. Get him the hell out of the NFL.

Question for the UK fans: are the London games still a big deal over there? Compared to the coverage they were getting the first couple years, it's not even a blip on the radar here anymore.

Yes they are.

They sell out. All but one game has broke the 80,000 attendance barrier.

The 'London Franchise' is a red herring - it just won't work with the logistics. PLus there is the small issue of UK NFL fans already having a team!

I'd love to see the Patriots back in the UK again.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back