PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: ‘Understanding’ is Wells has 'finished interview portion'’ of Deflategate report

This image has leaked. It shows the next stage of the investigation for Mr. Wells:

giphy.gif

Thanks for which ever mod under-capped the letters in thread title. That's what happens when you copy-paste from the headline section!

Great job, Ted Wells. It's only taken you almost 4 months to interview the appropriate parties.

he's a busy lawyer. the nfl isn't his only client...

Thanks for which ever mod under-capped the letters in thread title. That's what happens when you copy-paste from the headline section!

No prob. It was killing me. :D

Do you think the wells report will include anything about the other teams manipulating balls? Rodgers over inflating, Vikings and panthers using sideline heaters mid game to adjust the balls, etc?

The earliest we will see it is next Friday around 5PM.

It seems the growing sentiment in the media is that the League and possibly the Colts will be shed in a worse light than the Pats in this report.

Do you think the wells report will include anything about the other teams manipulating balls? Rodgers over inflating, Vikings and panthers using sideline heaters mid game to adjust the balls, etc?

I doubt it. Maybe a small section. I think if it covers other people's trangressions it will be Kensil, Grigson, and people like that.

Quoting myself

Well this is the first time he's even alluded to the investigation not being indefinitely open-ended. Could this be timing for the Wells report to be released Wednesday right before the draft? But then again what the hell does "interview portion" mean? Does this just mean that now the investigation is entering a new portion and the end still isn't in sight? If they've been interviewing for 100 days they have better been investigating the league too. Apparently they've been going back a decade interviewing ex backup QBs so it would be a joke if they don't go after the obvious corruption in the league at play here.

No way the League releases this report before the draft. Even if you buy the theories that Goodell is out to get the Pats, the draft is the second most watched NFL event besides the Super Bowl and there is no way he is going to tarnish that with making DeflateGate the biggest story this week. Never going to happen.

Hearing that this report is really going to open up a can of worms on the league. Fruit roll ups have been used as snacks in the locker room when Fruit by the foot is the league's official roll up sponsor. Severe punishments to come...

From that same interview, Roger says they are looking to see if it has happened before in the past. How can they ever prove this when the officials never measure the footballs after the game? Short of video evidence or a confession, not sure whey even bring that up?

From that same interview, Roger says they are looking to see if it has happened before in the past. How can they ever prove this when the officials never measure the footballs after the game? Short of video evidence or a confession, not sure whey even bring that up?

This concerns me. Are they going to take the fact that untampered with footballs reacting to the laws of physics, is grounds for a limitless anal exam of the Pats' complete history?

No other team has had to endure this.

When it is all said and done I would love to know the cost of this charade, I mean investigation...my guess is going to be $3,000,000-5,000,000 range....

Double that and you might be close.

From that same interview, Roger says they are looking to see if it has happened before in the past.

If what has happened in the past? Nature conforming to the laws of physics?

If what has happened in the past? Nature conforming to the laws of physics?

Exactly. Roger's question is pretty pointless with lack of measurements and only looking at one team, when others have been caught red-handed trying to warm up footballs (panthers/vkings) or profess they like them out of spec (rodgers)

This concerns me. Are they going to take the fact that untampered with footballs reacting to the laws of physics, is grounds for a limitless anal exam of the Pats' complete history?

No other team has had to endure this.

I am concerned with Goodell's comments as well. Full comments here:

Goodell said:
Rose: It's one game, one ball.

Goodell: The question is, one of the things that he would be asked to look for is, was it just one game?

Rose: Is there any suspicion that it wasn't one game?

Goodell: There's no suspicion of anything. What we're trying to do is just make sure we're thorough. The most important thing here is, was there a violation of the rules? And if so, how did that occur?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...elease-will-not-be-long?ex_cid=espnapi_public

I don't get it. Unless the PSI readings are different than what we've come to expect, there's no tampering. Even Goodell must accept this. Why is Goodell asking if it was more than just one game? Is he still that oblivious?! Wow.

I don't get it. Unless the PSI readings are different than what we've come to expect, there's no tampering. Even Goodell must accept this. Why is Goodell asking if it was more than just one game? Is he still that oblivious?! Wow.

Because this started with that cold Ravens game where at the half the temp was 18 degrees and the balls would be around 9.7 PSI

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back