PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Wells done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just curious. Is there any possibility of him coming up with a smoking gun if he hasn't by now? Could the NFL be hiding 'stuff' until the most opportune moment? Seems, in my opinion, the NFL is basing their whole case on his report.

Furthermore, due to the release of the appeals transcript and evidence of Wells not truly being an "independent" investigator while the NFL claimed he was and he himself angrily proclaimed himself as independent in a press conference... could Wells sue the NFL for loss of potential money? The ******* part of me would kind of like to see that.

I have to guess that at this point no respectable party/company would dream of hiring Wells due to the fallout of deflategate and the hit to Wells' reputation. Then again people still hire Exponent even after they swore cigarette smoke has no adverse affect.

Perhaps I'm wrong and just hoping, maybe some lawyer types could chime in.

I don't think there's anything new that they can introduce, at this point. The judge is ruling based on whether Goodell acted within the law and the CBA as arbitrator. New information isn't relevant to that; new information that he didn't use when ruling on the appeal wouldn't be relevant to this case.

At least I think that's how it works. No expert here.

If Tom Brady had farted at the appeal hearing, you can bet Roger Goodell would already have the audio playing on every radio station in the US and then accused Brady of being not only arrogant and rude, but also of inhaling PSI prior to the hearing.

Could this have ruined Wells' career? I can't see how any company would hire him now after this.

Could this have ruined Wells' career? I can't see how any company would hire him now after this.

Wells' career as a purportedly independent investigator could be done. However, he's still a high-paid litigator.

Is Ted Wells done because of his gross lack of integrity in Defamegate? Ha! Chances are much MUCH better Ted Wells will be the next Senator from NY versus being harmed from Defamegate. The legal profession can frequently turn out two things: Those without integrity and politicians.
So unless some wild, unlikely, rare miracle of just desserts strike this crumb, in all likelihood at worst this slime will continue to collect huge payouts for railroading people by way of lying and framing. He'll then retire to a beach house in a very exclusive area (and probably right next to the Goodell's mansion/beach house).

Just is what it is my friends. Yet a tangible revenge we can hope for is the Patriots win the SB and Brady uses the bully pulpit of the spectacle to throw a few tiny 'chop chop' jabs his way, and make that slimy water walker choke on his chateau lafite rothschild in silent rage (add in there Goodell being drowned out with super loud boos just for being on the stage -- then watching his smarmy hideous face turn boiled lobster red :)).

I have to guess that at this point no respectable party/company would dream of hiring Wells due to the fallout of deflategate and the hit to Wells' reputation. Then again people still hire Exponent even after they swore cigarette smoke has no adverse affect.
Not a lawyer type, but I would have thought the same thing about Exponent, given their history of support what we have been told is wrong. We have no idea what he was ordered to do, but it obviously seems like to was to reach a certain conclusion. I'd never hire someone like this, but other less scrupulous people might.

EDIT: I noted in the irony of my statement that when people are consistently told the same thing, they tend to believe it to be true. However, smoking and asbestos do seem more harmful than the Patriots. I'm being serious and I'm thinking of all the children ;).

Last edited:

At least in New England. If this all flls apart on him, he's goig to have so much baggage that his firm may drop him as a partner,

At least in New England. If this all flls apart on him, he's goig to have so much baggage that his firm may drop him as a partner,

Most of the bad stuff Wells has done in all this amount to being vigorous and sneaky in advancing the interests of his client.

For a litigator, those are virtues.

Methinks that some folks have been watching some Perry Mason reruns.. there is no possiblity of new evidence or surprise witnesses, a well timed leak that the NFL can disavow themselves from maybe... but all of the evidence they have is on the table and this is the subject of this litigation.

He'll be hired by the NFL as the President of overseeing scandals, gates, and imaginary infractions.

nfl has nothing or they would have used it by now.

And these theories being spread by MCI and Spazzaroti that the NFL is withholding evidence that Brady deflated footballs is the stuff of fairies tales

It sounds like an angry child throwing a tantrum after losing a game. "I could've scored more goals than you if I wanted to, but I LET you win! "

Wells earned buckets of money for his firm. He did work that really has little parallel in the legal world. Likely, he did exactly what he was paid to do here. The fact he was paid to do it falls on the NFL, not him. His past successes got him this work, and it is doubtful many paying clients would care about this story. It will be a footnote at best to those people.

As for smoking guns, I expect if Wells had it then we would know about it by now. These proceedings do not typically invite new evidence because the judge is trying to review what happened and whether that was appropriate. Even if Brady walked in with something new proving he absolutely could not have instructed others to deflate balls, it would not be reviewed (the proceeding is not a merits review and cares only if the procedures were followed by the NFL). I expect the only new evidence would be of bias (evidence against the NFL and Wells).

He wasn't done after all the other (sham) investigations he did before Defamegate so I'm guessing no.

Wells earned buckets of money for his firm. He did work that really has little parallel in the legal world. Likely, he did exactly what he was paid to do here. The fact he was paid to do it falls on the NFL, not him. His past successes got him this work, and it is doubtful many paying clients would care about this story. It will be a footnote at best to those people.

As for smoking guns, I expect if Wells had it then we would know about it by now. These proceedings do not typically invite new evidence because the judge is trying to review what happened and whether that was appropriate. Even if Brady walked in with something new proving he absolutely could not have instructed others to deflate balls, it would not be reviewed (the proceeding is not a merits review and cares only if the procedures were followed by the NFL). I expect the only new evidence would be of bias (evidence against the NFL and Wells).

But, from my understanding, it's not the evidence that's on trial here. It is whether the NFL had the authority to punish Brady under the current CBA. Right? If so, what smoking gun evidence could Well's have in his pocket? The hidden CBA rule printed on the back of Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa?

Kidding aside, what evidence would change how Berman would decide whether the NFL was or was not permitted to punish Tom Brady? And if the evidence existed why would the NFL allow themselves to be slapped around in court only to drop the "gotcha" piece on Berman's desk at the last possible moment?

And these theories being spread by MCI and Spazzaroti that the NFL is withholding evidence that Brady deflated footballs is the stuff of fairies tales

It sounds like an angry child throwing a tantrum after losing a game. "I could've scored more goals than you if I wanted to, but I LET you win! "

Spazzaroti . That's a keeper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back