Welcome to PatsFans.com

Good Samaritan Bill Belichick...nice story from Projo..

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DarrylS, Sep 10, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

The legend continues, BB is our hero...

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060910_10bill.320ce43.html

Bill Belichick was returning from his son's lacrosse game in Greenwich, Conn., on July 22 and, in an instant, football didn't matter to the New England Patriots' head coach.

That may seem quite difficult to fathom for someone who has won the Super Bowl five times as a coach, and is considered a mastermind of the X's and O's in the football world. On this day, the great game of football came secondary.

He was driving North on Route 95 in Connecticut, just three miles south of the Rhode Island border at approximately 4:30 p.m. He was alone and likely thinking about training camp and the upcoming season when suddenly he was confronted with an accident.

"It looked bad," said Belichick. "You looked at the car, and where it was you wouldn't think anyone would walk out of that one."

What Belichick was looking at was a 1998 BMW 540I upside down in a ditch in the woods to the right side of the highway......
  2. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What strikes me most about that article is it appears BB didn't blow his own horn and give interviews about it. It reads to me like it was the other guy, Salisbury, who reported the events.
    You gotta love BB.
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yes...just another day in his life...and it wasn't the first time either....
  4. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate to even bring this up but the accident was two days after the Herald messy divorce story. I think it's testament to the kind of person he is that he would stop and help.

I wonder how Joe McDonald found out about it.
  5. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,241 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

The other good Samaritan quoted in the story (Mr. Salisbury - - who by the way should be seen as just as much a hero as BB in this situation) is from Cranston RI and this was in Projo, so probably that was the connection.

BB does not blow his own horn. If that happened in Baltimore and Brian Billick helped an accident victim, he'd be doing Letterman and Leno within a week.
  6. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You are so right. Imagine if it had been Schilling! Ha! He'd woulda done Letterman, Leno, Oprah and Regis and Kelly.

I also agree that the Sailsbury guy is as big a hero in the story as BB.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  7. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

But don't forget, kiddos, Bill Belichick is a bad guy because he signed a guy off waivers and then released him. And because he didn't re-sign some of our aging veterans to sweetheart deals just to keep them in Patriots blue. And because Wrong Borges thinks he's a mean, mean man. :rolleyes:
  8. belichickaholic

belichickaholic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL. And don't forget that he's pond scum for hiding injuries.:D
  9. Bill's Girl

Bill's Girl Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There have been a couple of instances like this where BB has done something like this. Ted Williams also preferred that his good deeds, especially his work at Children's hospital, be kept out of the press too!

Great story!
  10. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

LOL, tell me about it! And don't forget he's an automatron with no sense of humor as well.

I love our coach and can't imagine a better coach AND man for our team.