PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Samaritan Bill Belichick...nice story from Projo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The legend continues, BB is our hero...

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060910_10bill.320ce43.html

Bill Belichick was returning from his son's lacrosse game in Greenwich, Conn., on July 22 and, in an instant, football didn't matter to the New England Patriots' head coach.

That may seem quite difficult to fathom for someone who has won the Super Bowl five times as a coach, and is considered a mastermind of the X's and O's in the football world. On this day, the great game of football came secondary.

He was driving North on Route 95 in Connecticut, just three miles south of the Rhode Island border at approximately 4:30 p.m. He was alone and likely thinking about training camp and the upcoming season when suddenly he was confronted with an accident.

"It looked bad," said Belichick. "You looked at the car, and where it was you wouldn't think anyone would walk out of that one."

What Belichick was looking at was a 1998 BMW 540I upside down in a ditch in the woods to the right side of the highway......

What strikes me most about that article is it appears BB didn't blow his own horn and give interviews about it. It reads to me like it was the other guy, Salisbury, who reported the events.
You gotta love BB.

Yes...just another day in his life...and it wasn't the first time either....

I hate to even bring this up but the accident was two days after the Herald messy divorce story. I think it's testament to the kind of person he is that he would stop and help.

I wonder how Joe McDonald found out about it.

Hoodie said:
I hate to even bring this up but the accident was two days after the Herald messy divorce story. I think it's testament to the kind of person he is that he would stop and help.

I wonder how Joe McDonald found out about it.

The other good Samaritan quoted in the story (Mr. Salisbury - - who by the way should be seen as just as much a hero as BB in this situation) is from Cranston RI and this was in Projo, so probably that was the connection.

BB does not blow his own horn. If that happened in Baltimore and Brian Billick helped an accident victim, he'd be doing Letterman and Leno within a week.

shmessy said:
The other good Samaritan quoted in the story (Mr. Salisbury - - who by the way should be seen as just as much a hero as BB in this situation) is from Cranston RI and this was in Projo, so probably that was the connection.

BB does not blow his own horn. If that happened in Baltimore and Brian Billick helped an accident victim, he'd be doing Letterman and Leno within a week.

You are so right. Imagine if it had been Schilling! Ha! He'd woulda done Letterman, Leno, Oprah and Regis and Kelly.

I also agree that the Sailsbury guy is as big a hero in the story as BB.

Last edited:
But don't forget, kiddos, Bill Belichick is a bad guy because he signed a guy off waivers and then released him. And because he didn't re-sign some of our aging veterans to sweetheart deals just to keep them in Patriots blue. And because Wrong Borges thinks he's a mean, mean man. :rolleyes:

Richter said:
But don't forget, kiddos, Bill Belichick is a bad guy because he signed a guy off waivers and then released him. And because he didn't re-sign some of our aging veterans to sweetheart deals just to keep them in Patriots blue. And because Wrong Borges thinks he's a mean, mean man. :rolleyes:

LOL. And don't forget that he's pond scum for hiding injuries.:D

nhpatsfan said:
What strikes me most about that article is it appears BB didn't blow his own horn and give interviews about it. It reads to me like it was the other guy, Salisbury, who reported the events.
You gotta love BB.

There have been a couple of instances like this where BB has done something like this. Ted Williams also preferred that his good deeds, especially his work at Children's hospital, be kept out of the press too!

Great story!

Richter said:

LOL, tell me about it! And don't forget he's an automatron with no sense of humor as well.

I love our coach and can't imagine a better coach AND man for our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News