PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going up aganst the #1 D Sunday...what do you expect from the O?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lions lead the league in a lot of categories on D. How do you think the Pats fair? 20s? score in the 30s?

DET very stacked vs run so i think it will be very hard to run on them..so this could be a air it out type game

The predict the score contest isn't out yet but when it is mine will be 27-16 pats. This game reminds me alot of the Vikings game where they had the number one run defense with the Williams anchoring the middle. The pats spread the field and ran the ball like 15 times making the fatties run all over the field on short quick hitting passes. By the fourth quarter they were gassed and down a couple scores. I want to see Amendola and Eldeman have big days with long time consuming drives that force the Lions D to chase them all game long. Then by the fourth let Gray pound a tired defense to end the game

Pats have scored 37+ in 5 of the last 6 games:

43-17 vs. Cincinnati (highly rated defense at the time)
37-22 @ Buffalo (above average defense)
27-25 vs. NY Jets (top run defense; only 20 minutes TOP)
51-23 vs. Chicago
43-21 vs. Denver (above average defense)
42-20 @ Indy

Detroit hasn't given up more than 23 points in a game, but they also haven't faced a lot of top offenses (they caught GB early, when the offense was struggling, and NO hasn't been firing on all cylinders so far this season; both of those were home games for the Lions). They gave up 21 points in the 1st half against Atlanta.

I'm guessing around 24 scored by the offense, plus 7 more by the defense or ST.

If the OL continues to control the LOS I don't see any reason for the current level of offensive output to show signs of slowing down or decline.

If the Patriots D can contain the Lions O and force a turnover or two, it could be a blowout and quickly.

If the OL continues to control the LOS I don't see any reason for the current level of offensive output to show signs of slowing down or decline.

While i agree...Det D is so much better then Indys D

I think NE scores 23 to 27 and Detroit 16 to 20. So close game NE 23 Detroit 20 or best 27-16. An outside the parameter blowout win favors NE.

While i agree...Det D is so much better then Indys D
Detroit's Defensive Line is absurd, their Linebackers are handy but I firmly believe their Secondary can be exploited. Their DL is the strength of their team. Slow that unit down and you go a long way to beating the Lions.

Anyone look at weather? 40s and rain showers for game

I will be ok even if we were to get a L in this one as long as we go on to win the big one

Last edited:
Our Pass blocking vs Indy was shaky , at least early on. The run blocking settled things down. Dont think we are going to run much. Huge challenge for the passing game to get time to make the passes. I expect a spread it out ,more no huddle, more vereen type of a plan.

This strikes me as game where something weird is going to happen that we don't expect. Maybe Stafford totally melts down and all our scoring comes from the Defense

his strikes me as game where something weird is going to happen that we don't expect. Maybe Stafford totally melts down and all our scoring comes from the Defense
Agree with you very much as i have not been too impressed by Stafford last few games. He does take quite a few risks and throws into double coverage quite a lot. I believe most of our points will be from turnovers
deep in Detroit's half. This could be a rout nobody expected. 45-17 Pats

For this "#1 D" to be exposed as "not really a #1 D"

For this "#1 D" to be exposed as "not really a #1 D"
I really dislike 1D. I really, really dislike those talentless hack, media creations. :cool:

I think patriots destroy Detroit to be honest the game I see going down the wire is Green Bay

Predict greater than 30 points will be scored by our O...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft