PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Given that Adam is gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
and to the effin' Colts no less, it seems the Pats need a replacement kicker. I never care for rookie kickers, but how about this guy?

http://gotigersgo.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gostkowski_stephen00.html

Had a chance to see him kick a few times. Accurate, straight down the pipe kicks repeatedly, and a big leg to boot (pardon the pun).

And for the record, Adam had long talked about finishing his career either in a dome or a warm weather location, so this is in no way surprising. I don't think he wanted to be a Patriot any more, or play in this climate. Hate him leaving, but he'll always be a legend in the region because of his clutch kicks.

Josh Huston, who kicked at Ohio State last year would be another candidate. Kid had only 21 of 70 kicks were returned. The rest were touchbacks.

Kid is supposedly pretty accurate as well.

Connor Hughes and Stephen Gostkowski are 2 other names.

......... but he'll always be a legend in the region because of his clutch kicks.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think you will find his legend has been tarnished beyond belief. He will go down forever as the biggest traitor in New England sports history, Thanks for the Snowbowl kick and a few playoff games and Superbowl kicks of course - now I hope your career ends in a slew of missed kicks and short kickoffs.

fgssand said:
Actually I think you will find his legend has been tarnished beyond belief. He will go down forever as the biggest traitor in New England sports history, Thanks for the Snowbowl kick and a few playoff games and Superbowl kicks of course - now I hope your career ends in a slew of missed kicks and short kickoffs.

Umm . . . Johnny Damon says hi.

ctpatsfan77 said:
Umm . . . Johnny Damon says hi.
I don't get the Johnny Damon thing, he was only with the Red Sox for, what, 4 years ? He was in the major leagues for 6 1/2 seasons before that. He wasn't exactly Red Sox born and bred like Vinatieri (in the NFL) was just a Patriot.

fgssand said:
Actually I think you will find his legend has been tarnished beyond belief.

I agree. I think Vinatieri will be boo'd to high heaven when he returns with the Colts next fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3