Welcome to PatsFans.com

Given that Adam is gone...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Richter, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

and to the effin' Colts no less, it seems the Pats need a replacement kicker. I never care for rookie kickers, but how about this guy?

http://gotigersgo.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gostkowski_stephen00.html

Had a chance to see him kick a few times. Accurate, straight down the pipe kicks repeatedly, and a big leg to boot (pardon the pun).

And for the record, Adam had long talked about finishing his career either in a dome or a warm weather location, so this is in no way surprising. I don't think he wanted to be a Patriot any more, or play in this climate. Hate him leaving, but he'll always be a legend in the region because of his clutch kicks.
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

Josh Huston, who kicked at Ohio State last year would be another candidate. Kid had only 21 of 70 kicks were returned. The rest were touchbacks.

Kid is supposedly pretty accurate as well.
  3. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Connor Hughes and Stephen Gostkowski are 2 other names.
  4. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

......... but he'll always be a legend in the region because of his clutch kicks.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think you will find his legend has been tarnished beyond belief. He will go down forever as the biggest traitor in New England sports history, Thanks for the Snowbowl kick and a few playoff games and Superbowl kicks of course - now I hope your career ends in a slew of missed kicks and short kickoffs.
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

Umm . . . Johnny Damon says hi.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +255 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't get the Johnny Damon thing, he was only with the Red Sox for, what, 4 years ? He was in the major leagues for 6 1/2 seasons before that. He wasn't exactly Red Sox born and bred like Vinatieri (in the NFL) was just a Patriot.
  7. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 2 / -1

I agree. I think Vinatieri will be boo'd to high heaven when he returns with the Colts next fall.