PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Adam Vinatieri Mr. Clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is one big pile of horse****.

The reason sabermetrics are so popular is because people who "trust their eyes" are so freaking bad at it. If "feeling" worked better there wouldn't be an advantage to be gained through stats.

I'm arguing for Vin here. This isn't stats vs. feel. If anything, it's people who have watched a select few Colts games (vs. NE, the SD game) and are suffering from recency bias using their eyes and feelings to say Vin has lost it.

Not only is your rant worthless, but it's irrelevant too.

The reason sabermetrics are so popular is because people who "trust their eyes" are so freaking bad at it. If "feeling" worked better there wouldn't be an advantage to be gained through stats.

I'm arguing for Vin here. This isn't stats vs. feel. If anything, it's people who have watched a select few Colts games (vs. NE, the SD game) and are suffering from recency bias using their eyes and feelings to say Vin has lost it.

Not only is your rant worthless, but it's irrelevant too.

Why is that, because it doesn't compute? Not everything can be quantified. Peyton Manning has a higher career passer rating than Brady, you gonna tell me he is a better QB?

The thing you amateur statgeeks don't understand is that numbers and samples can be manipulated to prove any point. If you are so fond of numbers go join the math club, the rest of us want to watch the game.

AV was the clutchest kicker...when he was with the Pats..even though he DID miss some game winners or in the playoffs (Den 05) What he does or does not do does not matter that much...he's a Colt...his decision..and what he wanted..he could have stayed here and been a legend...culd STILL be when he retires....but he wanted to be in a dome..not an open stadium...HIS choice.. the team moved on..it happens..it does NOT lessen how incredible he was here at all!!

I was really pissed at AV for the way he left and who he went to. He was dead to me.

Then about a month ago I was watching a special about the Dynasty and they showed the kick in the snow game against the raiders that tied it up. They showed it in slow motion and it brought a lump in my throat.

It was the most remarkable clutch kick I have ever seen. And the game winner was also a great kick under those conditions. Without those we would not have had the first SB.

So I decided that I was being a jerk and he is no longer dead to me. But I wish him nothing but the worst while he is in a Colts uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back