PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give the Pats Jacksonville in Round One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do believe the Pats would beat Jacksonville, I find it incredible that people are still so confident in predicting huge blow out scores. Have they not been watching the last few weeks of football?

The Pats, while still clearly the best team in the league, have been looking more and more human each week. They should still win th SuperBowl, and they should beat Jax if thats the game that comes to them, but I just cant believe people are still predicting blowouts.

The only way youll see a blowout is if Gerrard starts throwing up picks. As of yet hes shown nothing to make us believe that would happen, however he doesnt have the big pressure playoff experience so it could potentially happen.

My guess though is that if Jax comes into NE, the game will be much closer and a lot harder fought than a lot of people here would like to give credit for. The Pats should still pull it out, but itll be a rough one.

While I do believe the Pats would beat Jacksonville, I find it incredible that people are still so confident in predicting huge blow out scores. Have they not been watching the last few weeks of football?

The Pats, while still clearly the best team in the league, have been looking more and more human each week. They should still win th SuperBowl, and they should beat Jax if thats the game that comes to them, but I just cant believe people are still predicting blowouts.

The only way youll see a blowout is if Gerrard starts throwing up picks. As of yet hes shown nothing to make us believe that would happen, however he doesnt have the big pressure playoff experience so it could potentially happen.

My guess though is that if Jax comes into NE, the game will be much closer and a lot harder fought than a lot of people here would like to give credit for. The Pats should still pull it out, but itll be a rough one.

Sorry, I love the match-up, and think the Pats win by at least 3 touchdowns. The Pats "should still pull it out"? Yes, I think they will....

Bring 'em on!! Or the Steelers. Or whoever.....:)

Jacksonville: a mirror reflection of New England

Of course, the talent level is a drop off.

First, look at the coaching staff. http://www.jaguars.com/team/Coaches.aspx
Simply outstanding, from top to bottom. The defensive and offensive coordinators--top shelf. Ray Hamilton! Mark Duffner--I remember him beating Army in '87 as head coach of Holy Cross. The special teams coach is about the best in the business, and he's a former All-American wrestler.

Next, look at the physicality of the Jaguars defense. Even without Stroud--and that hurts a lot--they are very impressive. Huge tackle in Henderson (taller and heavier than Seymour!), huge DEs, and large very mobile LBers. And they've got a 6'1" CB and safety.

Take a look, and wipe off that grin: http://www.jaguars.com/team/DepthChart.aspx

On offensive, they can beat you both on the ground--a truly massive and punishing OL--and in the air with a strong-armed gunslinger at QB. Of course, their receivers are only a pale imitation of the Patriots', but they have their own 6'4" receiver.

And I have to consider the possibility that they are better than we are at special teams.

So to sum up: Jacksonville can beat us as easily as the Chargers and, I think, more easily than the Colts. They can match us in physicality, in attention to detail--they WILL NOT BE OUTCOACHED--and can hit some homeruns on offensive, esp. if the unheralded receivers step up, which they are capable of doing.

Yeah, we'd probably beat them, but it'd be no walk in the park. Jacksonville is a team peaking at the right time, with a tough head coach, and a collection of fearsome physical players WHO WON'T BE INTIMIDATED.

So knock off the excessive optimism, Patriots fans. You remind me of the Steelers in 2001 who already made reservations to New Orleans for the Super Bowl. Remember McGinest? We beat them by being more physical, with good special teams. That can happen against us by Jacksonville better than any other team I'm aware of.

Who the *** are you to tell ANY Patriot fan what to think or how to root? GFY you azzole. As if we can't see you're a Jag-off troll.

Last edited:
It's important not to be overconfident.....particularly the players. Any Given Sunday (or Saturday) as they say. But wow. Did everyone watch this game tonight? Um.....look at Jacksonville's offensive stats. Er........

I am, well, confident, that the Patriots will do well next week.

If there is any mismatch in this game. If it does happen. It is in the coaching department. If you truly believe that JDR is that good of a coach then you haven't watched enough BIG Jacksonville games. Maybe he has learned a thing or two but I really think he is in over his head when it comes to facing BB and this Patriots team.

But the Titans could still upset the Chargers so hold your horses or jags in this case.

Re: Jacksonville: a mirror reflection of New England

Of course, the talent level is a drop off.

First, look at the coaching staff. http://www.jaguars.com/team/Coaches.aspx
Simply outstanding, from top to bottom. The defensive and offensive coordinators--top shelf. Ray Hamilton! Mark Duffner--I remember him beating Army in '87 as head coach of Holy Cross. The special teams coach is about the best in the business, and he's a former All-American wrestler.

Next, look at the physicality of the Jaguars defense. Even without Stroud--and that hurts a lot--they are very impressive. Huge tackle in Henderson (taller and heavier than Seymour!), huge DEs, and large very mobile LBers. And they've got a 6'1" CB and safety.

Take a look, and wipe off that grin: http://www.jaguars.com/team/DepthChart.aspx

On offensive, they can beat you both on the ground--a truly massive and punishing OL--and in the air with a strong-armed gunslinger at QB. Of course, their receivers are only a pale imitation of the Patriots', but they have their own 6'4" receiver.

And I have to consider the possibility that they are better than we are at special teams.

So to sum up: Jacksonville can beat us as easily as the Chargers and, I think, more easily than the Colts. They can match us in physicality, in attention to detail--they WILL NOT BE OUTCOACHED--and can hit some homeruns on offensive, esp. if the unheralded receivers step up, which they are capable of doing.

Yeah, we'd probably beat them, but it'd be no walk in the park. Jacksonville is a team peaking at the right time, with a tough head coach, and a collection of fearsome physical players WHO WON'T BE INTIMIDATED.

So knock off the excessive optimism, Patriots fans. You remind me of the Steelers in 2001 who already made reservations to New Orleans for the Super Bowl. Remember McGinest? We beat them by being more physical, with good special teams. That can happen against us by Jacksonville better than any other team I'm aware of.

Hahahahahahaha! Who cares if they are physical or are not intimidated. They don't match up well against us. I do believe the coaches and players will have kick coverage on their minds and our guys will be ready for it. These are not the '01 Pats. If the Jags don't have those INTs or that opening return they score only 10 points. Those are things the Pats can control. Ten points won't beat the New England Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back