PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

give brady full control

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If tom brady had full control of the offense i think we actually might of won this game. Mcdaniels along with bb i think are the only two coaches in the nfl that stick with a game plan from the first snap to the last, even when there is no production. Its painful to watch. Other teams in the league when there offense isnt playing well they will goto the hurry up, to try to mix things up, and put some fire under the offenses ass, but for some reason it looks like they dont care. Seriously thats the way it appears to me, like they really dont care, because to me if you did care you would try some thing, anything, besides some lameass trick plays to try to get things going. We all know how effective our hurry up, or no huddle offense can be, but we didnt try it, thats what pissed me off so much about this game, we didnt even try, its pathetic, and im sickened to even think about it. Give brady fulll control like manning does over in indy, and i know this offense will improve, and we would win games that we should like this one.

If tom brady had full control of the offense i think we actually might of won this game. Mcdaniels along with bb i think are the only two coaches in the nfl that stick with a game plan from the first snap to the last, even when there is no production. Its painful to watch. Other teams in the league when there offense isnt playing well they will goto the hurry up, to try to mix things up, and put some fire under the offenses ass, but for some reason it looks like they dont care. Seriously thats the way it appears to me, like they really dont care, because to me if you did care you would try some thing, anything, besides some lameass trick plays to try to get things going. We all know how effective our hurry up, or no huddle offense can be, but we didnt try it, thats what pissed me off so much about this game, we didnt even try, its pathetic, and im sickened to even think about it. Give brady fulll control like manning does over in indy, and i know this offense will improve, and we would win games that we should like this one.

I am glad you know these facts, the bottom line is no matter what they did yesterday a mediocre team played great and a very good team played crappy. They could not slow down the Miami rush, and if you left Brady any more unprotected than he was you would probably have needed a stretcher. In any other week, people lament the lack of trick plays, if that play worked it would have been a different game. I really doubt that BB and his coaching crew do not care.. this is another sky is fallling, blame someone besides the players stupid, idiotic post. Yesterday they were outcoached, the players did not execute and Miami played incredibly well.

We are still 9 and 4. We all knew the "Fish" step it up for us. This is always a dangerous game in teh season. It's over. This game is for us PATS is like a college rivalry game. We lost. Next time however you can bet the little sardines will be not so happy. The best thing about yesterday to me is this: Brady is Pissed Off. When he gets pissed he dominates. He can do it with Troy Brown, hell he could throw to Graham all day when he is pissed and he will score. And now we are headed to the end of the season with the best Quarterback in the NFL and he is going to so focused and so precise we are goning to see a Tom Brady like never before. Get ready guys! GO PATS! Nothin but love for my BOYS, 4th ring on the way!

gjag15 pretty funny reply, if, if, if, if that trick play worked. Dude that was the most embarrasing thing i ever saw the pats do. So that trick play was more important, and better stategy than trying the hurry up. I said it looks like they dont care, you really think i meant that literally,lol. So before you respond you might want to not take what you only want to hear out of peoples threads.

I disagree. You need some sort of checks & balances. Brady has a lot of freedom in the offense, but keep in mind, we have coaches in the booth, and on the field, who are in constant communication, and able to see things that the QB cannot, and use that to dictate the playcalls. The QB has a ton of responsibility as it is- to add the burden of calling the game himself is not an adjustment I'd like to see. While I don't know who calls the majority of the plays, I'm venturing to guess BB lets JM do his thing. I'm thinking BB may have more of an input in the coming weeks (total personal speculation) as to what we should do. A quick rule of thumb is that while the HC dictates important plays (ie: go for it, run/pass) and gives input, the OC is still responsible for the actual selection of the play. The HC may give him suggestions (something from the 300 series, etc). This is where I think BB will assert his opinion in the coming weeks. With a more involved offensive staff, plus the constant feedback they get from Brady after each series, we could make some improvements immediately, without giving our QB too much of a workload.

I disagree. You need some sort of checks & balances. Brady has a lot of freedom in the offense, but keep in mind, we have coaches in the booth, and on the field, who are in constant communication, and able to see things that the QB cannot, and use that to dictate the playcalls. The QB has a ton of responsibility as it is- to add the burden of calling the game himself is not an adjustment I'd like to see. While I don't know who calls the majority of the plays, I'm venturing to guess BB lets JM do his thing. I'm thinking BB may have more of an input in the coming weeks (total personal speculation) as to what we should do. A quick rule of thumb is that while the HC dictates important plays (ie: go for it, run/pass) and gives input, the OC is still responsible for the actual selection of the play. The HC may give him suggestions (something from the 300 series, etc). This is where I think BB will assert his opinion in the coming weeks. With a more involved offensive staff, plus the constant feedback they get from Brady after each series, we could make some improvements immediately, without giving our QB too much of a workload.

Agreed! Brady already has too much to think about with this damned offense. He needs to just be thinking about the game in hand and should not have to worry about guys running the right routes, the OC calling the right plays the OL protecting...he needs to worry about making accurate throws, protecting the ball and getting points on the board. I know this sounds like a contridcition, but he should feel confident in the guys around him to do their jobs. He can't do it for them and putting more on him is just not the answer. Do we want him to draft and coach too????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News