PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore signing: Did the Patriots violate their own procedures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense!

If one were injured half the time, the other would be needed and VERY valuable.

Not nonsense. Of course if one was hurt the other would be valuable but the tandem wouldn't be as effective which is what his point was.

Who cares. The last 3 games hes allowing a 67 defensive passer rating and has been shut down-esque.

It'll be interesting to see how they match up with Pitt. Double Brown w/ Malcolm and DMC and let Gilmore man up on JuJu and let Rowe deal with Bryant if he is healthy
Since returning from his concussion, Gilmore has played to an All Pro level. If he continues blanketing opposing #1 WR, he's worth every bit of that contract. Also, it's further proof that short-term panic for want of immediate pay off is largely, a waste of time.

Gilmore last 3 games has been superb,probowl-level, after some early struggles. Butler has overall been solid all year, a few occassional hiccups.
Really loooking forward to watching them gel together over the rest of the regular season. And JJ has played very well.
Combined with our 3 excellent safeties, plus the fact Rowe will be back soon for depth- this is a muti- dimensionally talented secondary. All 4 cbs have straightline speed(all 4.4 or better), more importantly all 4 have quickness as well.
Not to mention toughness. Wouldn't swap em for any other secondary in the league.

Looks like I might have written off Gilmore too soon. Good, I’m glad. I was wrong!

Nonsense!

If one were injured half the time, the other would be needed and VERY valuable.
Respect. I guess you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. You don't have a dynamic duo if only one is playing consistently well or if they're alternating games. Of course the one becomes more valuable if the other gets injured. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about having a shutdown secondary, which means both of your corners are playing well together - think Revis/Cromartie; I'd put Law/Poole; Talib/Harris, etc.

... In fact, Howe says that the Patriots mocked other teams who signed free agents without doing so, just a few days before signing Gilmore sight unseen. ...

I'm sorry, when have the Patriots mocked anybody... ever?

This is the kind of post that I like, though, because it shows how far the team has come.

Except they do this every ****ing year and yet we get some drama queens to pronounce the team and its postseason hopes dead every year as well. This thread is a hot mess that contains nothing of value and deserves to be burned again and again the same way the classic I dont care and cant stand it thread in 2014 did.

It is a hot mess of entitled idiots circle jerking about things they have no clue about.

Except they do this every ****ing year and yet we get some drama queens to pronounce the team and its postseason hopes dead every year as well. This thread is a hot mess that contains nothing of value and deserves to be burned again and again the same way the classic I dont care and cant stand it thread in 2014 did.

It is a hot mess of entitled idiots circle jerking about things they have no clue about.

How many times does a poster here admit he likes to go to other teams forums and troll a bit?

It has to be happening here, right? I put a pretty high percentage that many of our doom-and-gloom "Patriot" fans are just trolls.

But that said, some of this kind of mind-boggling doom-and-gloom comes from some posters that I know aren't trolls so I don't know.

I'm sorry, when have the Patriots mocked anybody... ever?

They haven't. This was merely an absolutely terrible thread aimed at being a "I-told-you-so" of sorts because the OP was down on the Gilmore signing when it first happened. Gilmore was having growing pains and communication issues were rampant throughout that unit at the beginning of the season. Anyone who knows even a microcosm about the sport saw that. Gilmore is now playing at an All-Pro level and has kept it up over the last few weeks so I figured I would take this opportunity to give the OP a little taste of his own medicine.

Oh, I agree! I guess the way I worded it was a bit ambiguous (don't even know if that's the right word in this case). I didn't mean like as in actually like; rather, I like them as a reminder to the idiots how idiotic they were being early in the season precisely because, as you've said, we see the same thing every year with this team, save '11 and '15 maybe. BB has said numerous times that the first month of the season is basically just more TC and preseason and you don't really know what kind of team you really have until around this time in the season. Real football starts after Thanksgiving. Still we get people talking about 8-8 and missing the playoffs after one or two losses in September? Laughable.

Oh, I agree! I guess the way I worded it was a bit ambiguous (don't even know if that's the right word in this case). I didn't mean like as in actually like; rather, I like them as a reminder to the idiots how idiotic they were being early in the season precisely because, as you've said, we see the same thing every year with this team, save '11 and '15 maybe. BB has said numerous times that the first month of the season is basically just more TC and preseason and you don't really know what kind of team you really have until around this time in the season. Real football starts after Thanksgiving. Still we get people talking about 8-8 and missing the playoffs after one or two losses in September? Laughable.

Nothing like debating whether or not a week 3 game is a "must win". hahaha

Nothing like debating whether or not a week 3 game is a "must win". hahaha
Surprisingly, I could still think of about a million better ways to spend a Sunday afternoon ... or even Monday morning. LOL

They haven't. This was merely an absolutely terrible thread aimed at being a "I-told-you-so" of sorts because the OP was down on the Gilmore signing when it first happened. Gilmore was having growing pains and communication issues were rampant throughout that unit at the beginning of the season. Anyone who knows even a microcosm about the sport saw that. Gilmore is now playing at an All-Pro level and has kept it up over the last few weeks so I figured I would take this opportunity to give the OP a little taste of his own medicine.

By the way, I guess we no longer have to worry about an 8-8 team anymore (per your signature). Unless we go -1 and 6 the rest of the way!

GilmoreINT2.gif

All22 view of Gilmore's (first) INT. Outstanding coverage. No matter how well the ball would have been thrown, no chance to complete it. Makes it all the more stupid of Moore just to chuck it up there.

I think BB is tired of watching these tall WR with small CBs and there are more every day. A good, tall CB is top half of the 1st usually. Even a lesser tall CB is 1-2. I think he saw his chance to get one outside the draft and he's got Rowe too so he can groom as many smurfs as he wants. That's what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back