PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Garoppolo "extremely disappointed" he couldn't play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. In the YouTube video many of those passes traveled approximately 15 yards, some went even further. Isn't that enough distance to hit crossing routes and throw screen passes, maybe even take a shot 20 yards down field? Garoppolo's quick release would have given him an advantage over Brissett, not to mention Garoppolo's experience in the system.

Furthermore, does anyone deny that Brady would have played with the same injury? We've seen him do it countless times since 2001.
What are you talking about? One video shows 3 throws to the line of scrimmage and one duck 25 yards downfield. The other, from Reiss shows the same duck. A ball travelling 15 yards is not even a 2 yard out.

So it was a conspiracy by the Patriots to not try to win?
Or are you saying that based upon an injury you know absolutely nothing about you have decided that Jimmy G is a ****y?

The PATRIOTS expected him to be good to go. The video is only their to support the Patriots belief that he was going to start yesterday.

How do you know this?? Do you have a spy cam at Gillette? Is this what Rex was alluding to when he said he had a mole?

Patriots said from the beginning it would be a game time decision and it was.

sorry guys.........the pats would not have won with garoppolo or brady yesterday......the team was an empty shell
The defense gave up only 16 points despite being on the field for most of the game. Brissett didn't complete a pass to a WR until the third quarter, IIRC. We absolutely would have won with Brady.

Please provide evidence you have to prove this.

If you said "hoped" instead of "expected" then I would agree.

Everything I have read/heard was that they put him though a workout yesterday morning and he could not make all the throws to BB's satisfaction.
Well, I infiltrated the Patriots locker room during the week and made some recordings of conversations between Belichick, McDaniels and Garoppolo. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am speculating like every one else. There is no evidence one way or the other. The Patriots are locked up tighter than the CIA when it comes to this kind of stuff. I do believe the team expected him to play and that some time before the game, Garoppolo said he couldn't go. I also believe the Garoppolo decision affected the team's performance and contributed to their horrible first half.

I really don't care. I think this will work out better for the Pats. I think if he played yesterday, Garoppolo could have hurt his trade value this offseason. I want the Pats to get as much as they can for him.

After watching yesterday, I am of the opinion that Garapollo needs to be retained at all costs. What you saw yesterday is what it looks like for the Pats to have a below average QB.

This is what every game will look like in 2 to 3 years, when Brady hits the same wall that every other QB in the history of the league has run into by age 42, unless Garapollo is retained.

Playing the cynic, I will argue that JG's agent has been whispering in his ear..."Your audition tape is impressive and you will gain nothing but could lose substantial contract leverage if you play poorly with a bum shoulder....and heaven forbid you injure yourself worse. Now go out on that field pregame and give me your best Rodney impersonation."

From the Pats perspective, given the video of him throwing a decent practice ball last week, the decision not to dress JG likely has less to do with him making throws and more to do with JG taking big hits. If so.... then the next argument to have....Were the Pats looking out for JG's health or the teams long term interests...aka future draft picks.

Or the kid was just too hurt to play.

Personally...I knew JG would not be playing yesterday because of my superior knowledge of mankind and such. ....It's a blessing and a curse

Last edited:
He held has hand on the sidelines a few times.

Over threw pretty much everyone, besides the one play to Bennett. The 3rd down air mail to a wide open Amendola was mind boggling, especially since there was no pressure in the pocket. My dog could've hit that throw.

It was pretty obvious he wasn't 100% himself.
He air mailed passes last week too.

Well, I infiltrated the Patriots locker room during the week and made some recordings of conversations between Belichick, McDaniels and Garoppolo. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I am speculating like every one else. There is no evidence one way or the other. The Patriots are locked up tighter than the CIA when it comes to this kind of stuff. I do believe the team expected him to play and that some time before the game, Garoppolo said he couldn't go. I also believe the Garoppolo decision affected the team's performance and contributed to their horrible first half.
Well now that you've admitted that your narrative has zero basis, please just kindly stfu about it. Thanks.

Well now that you've admitted that your narrative has zero basis, please just kindly stfu about it. Thanks.
It's bulletin board... 95% of the stuff that gets posted here is speculation and opinion. Take your own advice.

Well he did look much more impressive than Brady did in his original 2 starts...
The offensive skill players in 2001 for Brady compared to 2016 for JG are night and day.
Plus Jimmy's amazing stats are skewed by sample size and a nearly flawless first half against the Dolphins.

Anyone who's played organized team sports on any level knows that any team no matter how good is capable of producing a 'turd' like the Pat's produced yesterday. It happens. Moving on to Cleveland.

It's bulletin board... 95% of the stuff that gets posted here is speculation and opinion. Take your own advice.
Like the rest of the sane people around here I love to discuss the limited information available to us as fans. I don't fill in the blanks with whatever horseshit jumps into my head, present it as fact, and start calling out players based on the nonsense floating around in my head. Get yourself checked

he looked a hell of alot better than Brady did in his 1st 6 quarters.........and yes, especially against the dolphins, he looked great....not good, great
Again JG had much more talent to work with in 2016 than Brady did in 2001. Also the league rules favor offense now.
Not to mention he had an extra year in the offense (3 vs 2).
I get it; JG looked good for a game against a really bad Arizona team and looked amazing for a quarter and a half against Miami. I just think that some of the projections for JG are a little overboard and a little too soon.
Is he a staring QB in the league - 100% yes.
Is he a top 10 QB in the league - 100% cannot answer that yet.
Is he better than Brady now - 99.9% no.

After watching yesterday, I am of the opinion that Garapollo needs to be retained at all costs. What you saw yesterday is what it looks like for the Pats to have a below average QB.

This is what every game will look like in 2 to 3 years, when Brady hits the same wall that every other QB in the history of the league has run into by age 42, unless Garapollo is retained.

What you say yesterday was the Pats with a very raw rookie who needed a pared down playbook and was playing with a sprained thumb. Brissett came into the League as a project with tons of raw skills, but a need for a lot of refinement. What you saw yesterday is nothing like what we will see after Brady leaves.

And if the Pats are getting ridiculous offers like say two first rounders (at least one in the top 5), you part with Garoppolo unless you are convinced he is going to be an elite QB in this league.

People are putting way too much stock in what Garoppolo did against Miami. We saw on Thursday night, they aren't that hard to carve up on defense. I mean Cody Kessler completed 63.6% of his passes on them three weeks ago.

If another team goes gaga over Garoppolo as fans in this area have after six quarters. You let them grossly overpay for him in a trade and you go searching for your QB of the future. Who knows? In a couple of years after Brissett works on his fundamentals and starts to learn how to read defenses better, it could be him.

But to say what we saw yesterday is what we are going to see post Brady if the Pats don't retain Garoppolo is not accurate.

Again JG had much more talent to work with in 2016 than Brady did in 2001. Also the league rules favor offense now.
Not to mention he had an extra year in the offense (3 vs 2).
I get it; JG looked good for a game against a really bad Arizona team and looked amazing for a quarter and a half against Miami. I just think that some of the projections for JG are a little overboard and a little too soon.
Is he a staring QB in the league - 100% yes.
Is he a top 10 QB in the league - 100% cannot answer that yet.
Is he better than Brady now - 99.9% no.

you are entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is

I dont care.....brady is back...this means nothing. LOL

Are you telling me he couldn't execute a short to intermediate passing game on Sunday while handing off to Blount more than 20 times? He looked decent on Sept. 28.

Are we going to judge his readiness on four throws in practice especially when the third throw on the second video was wobbly as hell?

Like the rest of the sane people around here I love to discuss the limited information available to us as fans. I don't fill in the blanks with whatever horseshit jumps into my head, present it as fact, and start calling out players based on the nonsense floating around in my head. Get yourself checked
I never presented anything as fact. It's all my opinion and since none of us on this board know the truth, my opinion is as valid as yours until actual facts are presented by the team or uncovered by journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST