PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants officially suspend Burress for 4 games; placed on non-football injury list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants officially suspend Burress for 4 games; placed on non-football injury lis

He was going to be out 6 weeks with the gun wound injury anyway. For the next 4 weeks he'll be sitting on his couch no matter what, but now it looks like the are "penalizing" him so he doesn't have to miss any games when he's ready to play again. Kind of an empty punishment if you ask me.

================================================

It will cost him at least 1/4 of his base pay.

Re: Giants officially suspend Burress for 4 games; placed on non-football injury lis

================================================

It will cost him at least 1/4 of his base pay.

Thankfully he held back in TC this offseason and got that big contract so that lost money wont be noticed.

Why didn't Plexiglas Furnace shoot himself LAST year? Better yet, Hobbs should've had a gun on that last play. Makes me even sicker to know "gangsta Plax" has a Super Bowl ring at our expense. (Mods, we need a barf smilie.)

If I may complain for a minute (well, a minute on this subject ;) )

Where the F*CK are all the crya$s little b!tches about this subject? The karma and class police should be all over Plax, but none of those bastard whores are saying a goddamm word. Imagine for a sec it was the Pats...it would be 24 hour bashing ALL OVER THE WEB. I swear to God this double standard bullsh!t makes me so angry.

Now, the best part of being a Patriots fan...we would NOT have a piece of sh!t like this on our team. He would have been straightened up (Moss and Dillon) or booted off the team (Willie Andrews) long before he could have done something this friggin stupid.

This will lead to the Giants downfall, IMHO. And I will be cheering it heartily.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive to the media's treatment of the Patriots, but I agree with your premise.

Suspending Burress was a no-brainer for the Giants. It's the right move, PR-wise, and, as WhiZa pointed out earlier, Burress is going to miss time anyway.

The real pressure will be on the Giants and NFL if the reports about Pierce trying to cover things up and Bradshaw's probation violation are true. If those guys were in the wrong, then they should face a suspension.

This is going to hurt the Giants. They may have gone a couple games without looking to have skipped a beat in the passing game, but eventually losing that kind of production is going to have it's effect.

He better not use Oj's lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye