PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants accuse the Steelers of deflating footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Vincent is on record as saying Spygate had an impact on the Pat's punishment.

Since the Steelers have such squeaky clean franchise little things like guns, rape, coaches tripping players, etc. should have no impact on any punishment.

CzaieUuUcAAKqug.jpg

Glazer: Giants alerted league to two underinflated Steelers footballs
The Giants have not yet heard back from the NFL.

The Giants likely won’t. As Glazer explained it, there likely won’t be an investigation or protracted disciplinary process.

As the Patriots would say, of course there won’t be, because the league office currently has no reason to prosecute and/or persecute the Pittsburgh Steelers over the trumped-up notion that there was deliberate deflation of footballs.

If the footballs contained 12.5 PSI at kickoff, of course they had less than that later in the game, after the bladders within the pigskin were in the December atmosphere for any period of time.

The bigger question is how far below 12.5 PSI the balls were. The biggest question is whether the league office would act simply on anecdotal evidence without a broader opportunity to test all footballs at the time. Given that the NFL currently has a super-secret PSI spot-check program aimed at ensuring that no one is cheating, common sense and fairness suggests that a team-implemented effort to catch an opponent will get no traction.

That was fast.

No multi-million dollar investigation? No questioning of obscure part-time Steeler employees? No pouring over years of e-mails and text messages?

I feel ripped off.

Troy Vincent is on record as saying Spygate had an impact on the Pat's punishment.

Since the Steelers have such squeaky clean franchise little things like guns, rape, coaches tripping players, etc. should have no impact on any punishment.
That is a patently unfair statement. You left out all the steroid abuse throughout the years.

Nothing pissed me off more than the fact that we all know this will go away with the statement "We found no wrong doing."

And unfortunately, that's what should happen because ball deflation is ********.

It is more probable than not that this Steelers deflategate thing will bring me more joy than any of today's games.
Actually I think the opposite is true: this will be a giant nothing burger, the NFL will handle it quietly and ESPN will play their part by burying the story. Deflategate pt 1 was allowed precisely because it's the Patriots, for all of Kraft's maneuvering and power plays he's not part of the 'old guard' of the NFL and people were out for a pound of flesh. This time it's two long-standing owners, they'll handle it in house with little fanfare and the media will play their part because that's what they do.

Don't expect fireworks, you'll be disappointed.

Quick to put out statements when it doesn't involve the Patriots...

Just to further show the clear bias the league has (which is of course a breach of the antitrust stuff they have).

Actually I think the opposite is true: this will be a giant nothing burger, the NFL will handle it quietly and ESPN will play their part by burying the story. Deflategate pt 1 was allowed precisely because it's the Patriots, for all of Kraft's maneuvering and power plays he's not part of the 'old guard' of the NFL and people were out for a pound of flesh. This time it's two long-standing owners, they'll handle it in house with little fanfare and the media will play their part because that's what they do.

Don't expect fireworks, you'll be disappointed.

Oh I don't anticipate anything happening. I'm not naive enough to believe that. But I'm just having a good time giving it to fans who gave it to us for 18 months over the same types of rumors and innuendo. Like @Nikolai said earlier, is it arrogance? You bet your bippy it is, and rightfully so. The media and fans were fast on the draw so I'm enjoying watching other teams squirm in what we had to go through.

LOL. they are saying glazer is making this up .they are so quick to respond about compliance but never answered the 11 of 12 psi for ever.
Meanwhile ESPN won't touch this - or at least won't go beyond showing the official league statement.

Never mind that the faulty '11 of 12' report came from the NFL office, or that the note sent to the Patriots had incorrect information. This is already being buried as a non-story, we won't hear a single word about PSI measurements, ever.

Such ********!!!!! Everyone know's we where set up. I am sure other teams are doing some illegal ****.

LOL. they are saying glazer is making this up .they are so quick to respond about compliance but never answered the 11 of 12 psi for ever.
At least it's glazer who won't be likely to give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents