PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Geno to I.R., Mickens signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this move, Mickens is a good pickup.

Whatever happened to Warfield? I know he wasn't that great in the pre-season. I'm just surprised he wasn't re-signed after all of the injuries.

Warfield is still floating around in the abyss that is street free agency. Has been since the Pats cut him. Obviously they didn't want him back.

Wilson ro IR....

Not good....WIlson to IR..They also aigned Ray Mickens....per Reiss...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3953

[
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=3573

Scouting Report (Scouts, Inc)

"Undersized for CB position, but plays bigger than physical size...better fit as nickel/dime back...excellent foot quickness and speed...explosive out of back pedal with hip flexibility to run with most receivers...excellent body control and change of direction skills...can make up for a mistake in coverage by getting into a second gear well...good upper body strength...uses hands to shed and get to ball...takes good angles...good wrap-up tackler...plays with high level of energy...great awareness in coverage...great job in press in man-to-man...good recognition skills...gets good breaks on ball...lacks ideal height to win jump balls...mismatched against bigger slot WRs in red zone...aggressive hitter, but can get run over by RBs...fundamentally sound, but doesn't make big plays...performs valuable role in special teams...fully recovered from 2004 knee injury..."

Ray Mickens--your first assignment, whether you accept it or not, will be--SHADOW WELKER

This is a good pickup, I think.
But where's Andrews?

I like this pickup! Mickens was really good with the Jets and was hoping when he got cut he would sign with the Pats.

Re: Wilson on IR

if some of you dislike this thread because it is a repeat of another thread, why do you refresh it and put it at the top of the page by posting links and dumb comments in it?

kind of ironic. This thread belongs nowhere according to some of you, yet you make sure it is seen with your comments in it.

and the never ending *********** continues.

Are you OK? I sincerely hope there is a responsible adult near you who can take charge and get you some help.

All Pats1 did was post the link to the original thread and request that the threads be merged.

Only the voices in your head inserted the "dumb comments".

****. I am honestly pissed off by our secondary's last performance. Unfortunate to hear this. I bet Rodney is next...

How much do you want to bet?

Earlier in the thread someone asked if we were "cursed" at the DB positions.

In all seriousness, why the heck do we (appear to) suffer such a disproportionate number of DB injuries? It's something I've wondered for the last three years.

Rodney will be back for the playoffs.
I watched him closely when I was at the game and he moved his arms and shoulders normally. Give him another couple weeks for the bone to mend fully and let him play a couple series the last week just to get his timing back.

Now is when we miss the guys Mangini stole from the shadow roster.

Where is Poteat?

aaarrgghh. oh well. Mickens at least has experience.

How old is he now? born in 73 = 33 years old. = not toast but on downhill side.

can he have much conditioning/speed left if he didnt play this year?

I remember Mickens from when I used to play office pool, maybe 6 years ago or so, I was in middle school and he was actually one of my two least favorite players because he screwed me over 3 times in the pool. Twice by making great INT plays that caused the Jets to win when I hadn't picked them, and once by making an obvious pass interference on a hail-mary-long pass that lost them the game when I had picked them. But overall I remember him as a pretty good CB, though I hated him. Sigh I have very mixed feeling about this.

It's unfortunate, but it didn't seem like Geno was ready to come back any time soon. Thank goodness for Hawk coming in and making that part of the secondary not miss a beat. He'll be our FS full-time when Rodney comes back.

i heard: hes very fast..comes up in run and is aggresive but his size doesnt always help him. i went on jets board last night and searched alittle and 1 mentioned..if he was 6"0...he would be shutodwn but with that not happening..hes the the best nickel in NFL history

Now is when we miss the guys Mangini stole from the shadow roster.

Where is Poteat?

aaarrgghh. oh well. Mickens at least has experience.

How old is he now? born in 73 = 33 years old. = not toast but on downhill side.

can he have much conditioning/speed left if he didnt play this year?

Poteat is on the Jets.

Earlier in the thread someone asked if we were "cursed" at the DB positions.

In all seriousness, why the heck do we (appear to) suffer such a disproportionate number of DB injuries? It's something I've wondered for the last three years.

Very good question. Yet troy brown is so durable.

they need to draft players!!!!

He injured his hamstring in the third game, against the Broncos, and missed the next two contests. Wilson, now in his fourth season, suffered another injury in his first game back, Oct. 28 against the Bills.

My question went unanswered -- I'll try again:

Based on the above quote, does anyone know if he re-injured that hammy...or was it a new injury he suffered?

I think they need to re-sign Samuel and draft 3 or 4 good DBs. Preferably CBs. You always seem to be able to pick up veteran safeties for pretty cheap.

I would say 1 to 3 odds that Harrison goes on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3