PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Geno Smith blames the media for his problems this year and Manish Mehta goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you wouldn't want to play in San Diego. I know it doesn't have a huge fan base, but it's SAN DIEGO! Why wouldn't you wanna live there???

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Unlimited Ceiling"

I know that you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to be a successful QB in the NFL and I know that "Football Smarts" and "High IQ" are not the same thing...but...I live in NYC and I've followed him in the media here ever since he arrived in town and I just don't think that Geno Smith is all that bright.

Question: Can you undeclare after you've been drafted? You know, say, "Oh, um jets? um, well, no thank you. I'll take my chances next year." That would be fun to see.

Yes. If I remember correctly, it happened to the Bears about ten to 15 years ago.

I thought we already have a The Jets Suck thread?

Sanchez,geno, Vick....none known for doing study work....I'm not surprised at any of this, but you have to blame the organization because they hired guys that they should have known were generally lazy.

Geno sucks. Every one knew he was going to be a huge bust the day he was drafted. Only the Jets would draft Geno in the 2nd round.

Sanchez way better

Geno is one of the worst quarterbacks in a league he won't be in for very long.

Sanchez wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He just had the misfortune of the buttfumble as the icing on the cake of two disastrous seasons.

He had no weapons and, more importantly, no offensive line.

Rex Ryan and the Jets FO completely bungled the offensive side of the ball, and it cost them a quarterback who would of been better than Andy Dalton.

I watched every game Geno played with WVU, a good many of them live. One thing that didn't get talked about during the draft is his fragility. I don't mean physically, because he is a very good athlete, and doesn't get hurt. I mean emotionally. All it takes is one little thing to set him on a trail of despair.

Go back and watch how he reacted to the windy weather in the game at Texas Tech in his last season. He couldn't throw into the wind accurately, so he gave up on the game. Complete mental checkout. Sometimes it wouldn't take more than one dropped pass to get him off his game.

Geno is no different than most college football stars. They dominate garbage opposition and never adjust to the fact that they aren't so special when they get to the NFL. WVU players are really bad about this. You can still see Tavon Austin trying to use his speed and nothing more to make plays. Noel Devine quit on the Eagles because he didn't want to learn how to run block. Slaton had a good year, but refused to protect the ball. Pat White refused to move away from the QB position. Edelman understood he was not an NFL QB. Pat White still refuses to switch positions. Cost him a career.

Geno Smith started this whole crap with his Diva performance at the NFL Draft. He moped and [outed and did everything but kick over the chairs and tables because he wasn't drafted higher.

He neds to put on his big boy pants and ruck up, or I can guarantee he won't be long for the NFL. The NYC media are like a pack of sharks. Their behaviour is rivaled only by the Boston area clowns. He needs to be able to shut that all out and just concentrate on football.

Alas, he's just mailing it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back