PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Geno Smith blames the media for his problems this year and Manish Mehta goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So. It looks like Geno Smith blamed the media today for a lot of his problems this year. Manish Mehta of Daily News (the Jets fans consider him their version of Ron Borges although unlike Borges most of his criticism about the Jets is right) has gone off on him on Twitter:

In a conference call with New England media, Geno Smith blamed his issues this season on the media. Really. #nyj

Geno: "Obviously with everything that goes on with the media, a lot of things are, I would say, miscommunicated..." (cont) #nyj

More Geno on blaming media for his issues: "and then it just gets misprinted and then misunderstood." #nyj

I hope this doesn't get "miscommunicated" or "misprinted": Geno Smith said "F-- you" to a fan twice & missed a team meeting on eve of a game

Hope this doesn't get "miscommunicated" or "misprinted" either: Geno has worst QB rating among starters & next-to-last in completion% in NFL

Hope this doesn't get "miscommunicated" or "misprinted": Geno Smith is 9-13 as a starter & thrown an INT in 18 of 22 career games. #nyj

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

Geno is really not the reason why the Jets suck, he could be a contributing factor but its not as though Michael Vick is better. The jets were SUPER overrated coming into this season as everybody thought they were going to improve on their 8-8 record despite overachieving last season to get there and not adding much to their team and now the fans/media are mad.

It is a circus over there.
07s_jets_ipad-300x150.jpg

Geno is really not the reason why the Jets suck, he could be a contributing factor but its not as though Michael Vick is better. The jets were SUPER overrated coming into this season as everybody thought they were going to improve on their 8-8 record despite overachieving last season to get there and not adding much to their team and now the fans/media are mad.

He is not the only reason, but he is definitely a contributing factor and certainly not the solution. The fact is that the Jets have little to no talent other than their d-line and a couple of LBs. Geno is not a franchise QB and he may be nothing more than a back up, but it doesn't help that he has no receivers, RBs, or o-line.

How, then, would Geno explain Brady killing Cinci after a week of the media killing him? Surely if being lambasted by the media is such a performance drainer then Brady would have just retired the Tuesday after the KC game.

He is not the only reason, but he is definitely a contributing factor and certainly not the solution. The fact is that the Jets have little to no talent other than their d-line and a couple of LBs. Geno is not a franchise QB and he may be nothing more than a back up, but it doesn't help that he has no receivers, RBs, or o-line.
i just feel that people write off players, especially QB's, too quickly. I see it all the time that fans want to ditch a QB if they dont think he can go out and win an MVP, but an average QB is a good thing, look at arizona and where they were before the dried husk of Carson Palmer came in

i just feel that people write off players, especially QB's, too quickly. I see it all the time that fans want to ditch a QB if they dont think he can go out and win an MVP, but an average QB is a good thing, look at arizona and where they were before the dried husk of Carson Palmer came in

I think Geno is never going to be a good QB. He is being poorly developed, but the knock on him coming out of college was his lack of ability to see the field and read defenses. That is magnified in the NFL. I thought he was a bad pick to begin with. He would certainly be better with a better supporting cast, but his ceiling is a mediocre starting QB and I don't think he will even reach that.

That's a good point. You can win with an excellent QB and below average weapons, or with an average QB and above average weapons... But in the case of the NYJ, you can't win with a perhaps below average QB, and below average weapons.

The Jets' primary weakness is laid bare here. They are programmed to care deeply about what everyone thinks of them. The players they get are focused in that direction, their coach is desperately seeking the world's approval, and the owner wants to be accepted as one of the big boys in the owners' club. This all keeps them from fiercely focusing on becoming a better football team and better football players.

Unless and until this is fixed, the Jets will suck. And their fans, for the most part, haven't got a clue.

Geno never had a chance in New York, and most of us saw that coming a mile away. His skills weren't there (and the Jets can't develop quarterbacks), and he mentally can't handle the pressure of a big market (which New Jersey technically is).

Darn, I thought I saw Gary Myers' throwing the pick six at the end of the Broncos' game...now I know I wasn't seeing things!

how did the Jets actually draft a quaterback WORSE than mark sanchez?

He'll never be a good pro. He has all the physical gifts and talent in the world but he's an immature punk that can't take responsibility for his own failures. He's been like that ever since his days at WVU and he's not going to change under the pressure cooker of the New York media.

Considering my utter disdain for sports media, I'm siding with Geno Smith on this one - F the media...especially muckrackers like manoosh metta whatever the F his name is

If I'm a QB and I get drafted by the Jest, I am probably thinking about polishing up that resume for my post-NFL livelihood.

If I'm a QB and I get drafted by the Jest, I am probably thinking about polishing up that resume for my post-NFL livelihood.

Question: Can you undeclare after you've been drafted? You know, say, "Oh, um jets? um, well, no thank you. I'll take my chances next year." That would be fun to see.

Question: Can you undeclare after you've been drafted? You know, say, "Oh, um jets? um, well, no thank you. I'll take my chances next year." That would be fun to see.
Well you can always pull an Eli Manning. Saying that they can draft you. But you won't play for them.

Would be fun to see it happen live on stage on the draft. Draft pick goes past Goodell on the stage, to the mic and just says "I won't play for the Jets. Please trade for me"

Just do what Eli Manning and John Elway did; have your agent tell them you won't ever play for them. And yes, I realize Manning did it to SD and Elway to BAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back