PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General Manager Search Thread

Wrong you are judging Belichick who had 24 years to base judgment upon.

You are supporting replacing the man who built the greatest dynasty in the history of the sport with a man who

-has 11 years as GM/exec in charge
-made personnel decision that resulted in:
A losing record.
0 division first place finishes
4 post season berths
4 post season wins
0 SBs
4 coaches fired.

He has been unemployed for 5 years.

I’ll ask again what exactly do you think is a positive about this guy.
Again, that he will be able to identify talent correctly.. he'd be strictly a GM not coaching, hiring buddies.

Has nothing to do with being able to identify talent. Nothing at all..
What are you talking about?
You think that judging someone ability to build a roster has nothing to do with results?

You literally want to hand the franchise over to a guy who has done nothing but fail his entire career.

Again, that he will be able to identify talent correctly.. he'd be strictly a GM not coaching, hiring buddies.
He has failed at that consistently.

If he built and coached those teams he is therefore the GOAT of both.
He's better as an ESPN analyst picking players than Bill is picking WRs.

So your argument is

The guy who built teams with a losing record, never won a SB, got 4 coaches fired and himself as well is better at evaluating talent and building a roster than the guy who built the greatest, longest running dynasty in the history of the sport.

that 4QB on the roster had an insatiable desire to win that NO ONE could give to him.
Demonstrably true. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Tom. But we have to give BB a lot of credit in selecting and keeping him around. We can also say thst Bb deserves a huge amount of criticism for the past 8 to 10 years of ****ty drafts

So your argument is

The guy who built teams with a losing record, never won a SB, got 4 coaches fired and himself as well is better at evaluating talent and building a roster than the guy who built the greatest, longest running dynasty in the history of the sport.
In 2023 and beyond... I'm just saying I'd feel more comfortable with him or someone else other than the scout ignoring GM.

Demonstrably true. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Tom. But we have to give BB a lot of credit in selecting and keeping him around. We can also say thst Bb deserves a huge amount of criticism for the past 8 to 10 years of ****ty drafts
Spot on. You make perfect sense. As you can see there is a poster on here that ignores that and says he's the GOAT GM.

All of us have given Bill his respect and admiration for all he's done. Deservedly so! However the current state of the roster has finally caught up. With out solid QB play the teams faltering. I can't think of 1 offensive skill player that would be a possible starter on another team.

Here are the WRs Mike Tannenbaum has drafted.

Chansi Stuckey
Scotty McKnight
Jeremy Kerley
Stephen Hill (a second round choice with 45 career receptions)
Tony Lippett
DEVANTE PARKER (14 overall)
Jakeem Grant
Lenote Carroo
Isaiah Ford.

Would you like a do over?

Spot on. You make perfect sense. As you can see there is a poster on here that ignores that and says he's the GOAT GM.

All of us have given Bill his respect and admiration for all he's done. Deservedly so! However the current state of the roster has finally caught up. With out solid QB play the teams faltering. I can't think of 1 offensive skill player that would be a possible starter on another team.
Of course he is the GOAT. Who can compare to the success he has had as a GM? No one is even close.

Here are the WRs Mike Tannenbaum has drafted.

Chansi Stuckey
Scotty McKnight
Jeremy Kerley
Stephen Hill (a second round choice with 45 career receptions)
Tony Lippett
DEVANTE PARKER (14 overall)
Jakeem Grant
Lenote Carroo
Isaiah Ford.

Would you like a do over?
Devante Parker the world class GM gave a contract. He plays every 3 games a season.

Of course he is the GOAT. Who can compare to the success he has had as a GM? No one is even close.
Who was the GOATs QB... oh yeah the GOAT that retired.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back