PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General Manager Search Thread

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
As the thread suggests, do you have someone in particular in mind for the GM role, or are you giving the power to Groh or Wolf?

As the thread suggests, do you have someone in particular in mind for the GM role, or are you giving the power to Groh or Wolf?
I’m hearing this dude Belichick? .. think I spelled it right … he might be looking ..

Chris Grier’s done a great job in Miami, maybe we can bring in his old man Bobby Grier to get some of that magic.

someone from outside the organization which means no ziegler or caserio
we need some new insights for talent evaluation

Anyone in mind?

I’m looking closely at the Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, Texans, Bengals, Dolphins, Niners Offices.
no one specifically. I like the ravens, chiefs, eagles front office work. Niners as well.

I think Groh is off to a good start ...
Last draft can easily lead to 6 starters and/or top rotational players .... that is excellent by drafting metrics.
2022 may yet become at least average ... Zappe I think should be considered good ... competent backup at least.
Yeah I know Zay Flowers blah blah blah ... no gm gets them all correct which is why 2-3 starters from a draft is considered good.

IMO it's likely to be Groh, I'm sure he and Mayo would work well together. As far as external candidates my vote would be Mike Tannenbaum or Rick speilman

I’m hearing this dude Belichick? .. think I spelled it right … he might be looking ..
LOL.. only way he gets another GM role is if he retired.

I think Groh is off to a good start ...
Last draft can easily lead to 6 starters and/or top rotational players .... that is excellent by drafting metrics.
2022 may yet become at least average ... Zappe I think should be considered good ... competent backup at least.
Yeah I know Zay Flowers blah blah blah ... no gm gets them all correct which is why 2-3 starters from a draft is considered good.
" No GM gets them all correct " your exactly right. 2023 was a relatively a reality-based season to show to ownership where exactly they stand with the state of the roster. We got to see how when the QB doesn't pan out what it looks like.

He won 6 as gm. He has been de facto gm since 2000
No his GM, is bottom 4 his coaching is what's legendary. He has plenty of years whiffing in the draft.. could you think of anyone that may have played QB to eliminate his draft and FA blunders?

No his GM, is bottom 4 his coaching is what's legendary. He has plenty of years whiffing in the draft.. could you think of anyone that may have played QB to eliminate his draft and FA blunders?
He built the greatest dynasty ever. He made every decision. The sum total if all of those decisions is better than anyone who has ever done it, and that indisputable.

Very hard to defend the rounds 1-5 Bill and I will join the ugh crowd .... the 6th ... 7th ... undrafted pretty good.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back