PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gasper: Patriots are feeling Colts' draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gasper:patriots are feeling Colts' draft

I dont know how long Brady will play but he still in his prime and u have to try and get something out of his arm.I Know everyone brings up the 3 superbowl rings but that seems like eaons ago.I want him to get that 4th ring.

Colts OL is 4th rounders and below!
\

Yeah, part of that is because the guy they blew a first rounder on appears to suck (Ugoh).

Peyton Manning makes the rest of the colts offensive players look a lot better than they are.

That is an amazing stat! Indy is a small market and can't attract big name free agents and have to rely on solid drafting.

The NFL has a salary floor...or, it did. THe colts spend just as much money as anyone else. The player in football who makes the most endorsement money in football players for the colts.

Not to mention the FAs we sign.

Monty Beisel? OK, he was cheap but what?
A Thomas? What a heartbreaking stiff he is.
Duane Starks, check that he was a 3rd round pick traded for! total bust.

We haven't had a good signing in a long time.

This year I want them to dump Watson, Wilfork, Bodden and Mankins for picks and sign Dunta ?Robinson of the Texans. He's way BETTER than bodden.

BB won 3 SB's with a core of players on defense that are all gone and should have been replaced 3 years ago and now they are paying for it.

like mayo said the steelers have won 2 and the colts should win there 2th SB and in the time the pats have 0 super bowl wins

I agree with all that except for one thing; the Pats haven't exactly been at the bottom of the barrel during the time other teams have won. The Pats have always been right there and in many ways surpassed the accomplishments of those other teams even during their so-called demise.

I don't disagree that the Pats have problems, what I'm saying is that the Pats are not chasing the illustrious and stellar path of the Colts, or anybody else for that matter.

Quite the contrary, most sucessful teams have chased us. They study us as a matter of fact and admit so publicly, in fact a very good argument can be made for "beaten at our own game".

We don't chase anybody, it's quite obvious they're chasing us. :confused2:

BB needs to counterpunch. There was a lot to like about the 09 team, there are quite a few I'd like to see back and a few maybe not so much.

How does a team who's won 3 Superbowls in 4 years "catch up" to a team who's going to their second in four seasons.

He's really not worth the click. imho of course.

I'm sorry, did I wake up in 2005?

Kids in elementary school right now have no recollection of the Patriots winning any Super Bowl, nevermind the most memorable one, Super Bowl 36.

Let's hope they're not in high school by the time the Pats win again.

Last edited:

You don't see his math's off? Three SB's in four years vs two SB's in four years ( technically only two appearances, the Colts haven't won it yet:rolleyes:). So you tell me, who's catching up to who exactly.

Nope. I see 2 SB appearances with 1 ring already and another possibly coming, vs. 1 losing SB appearance, in the past 5 years.

It's all about Manning, without him that team is 4-12 and Garcon and Collie are practice squad players.

Manning is top notch and makes that team much better than it really is.

BB has not drafted well, that's obvious.

i agree 100% one of the biggest problems with the pats is they are trying to turn tom brady, in to manning, and it's not working for them. and thats not a knock on brady,

look at joe montana, stats they are good but noting like dan marinos, but montana has 4 rings because he had HOF players all over the place on he's team on both sides of the ball

they need to put a team around brady get a real RB rebuild the defense. and upgrade the O line the pats can't win with brady throwing the ball 40 to 50 times a game.

That is bull, IMO.

They wasted a 1st round pick on a 2nd string RB in one of the worst ground games in the NFL.

When you have Clark and Wayne, along with Peyton Manning throwing you the ball, Garcon and Collie will make plays.

The Pats drafted a good WR in Julian Edelman, who I think is better and has way more potential then Collie. Garcon seems to be like David Givens, a good, reliable option but not a superstar.

Sebastian Vollmer, Julian Edelman, Darius Butler, Patrick Chung, Pryor> Brown, Collie, Garcon, Powers.

No offense buy you must be higher than a mother ****er if you think the Patriots have drafted better than the Colts.

Sorry, that doesn't work any more. Since we last won the SB the Steelers have won 2 and the Colts are positioned to possibly win their 2nd. We're behind. Get real, and get used to it.

Agree. I'd love to take "We've won 3 Super Bowls" out of Patriot fans jargon.

How does a team who's won 3 Superbowls in 4 years "catch up" to a team who's going to their second in four seasons.

He's really not worth the click. imho of course.

because that was eons ago. the pats simply have not been a well run organization from 2005 onward. poor draft choices, bad free agent signings, hiring bad coaches, etc. it all falls on belichick and the media has let it go for the same reason you give (ie-3 super bowls in 4 years).

The 49ers won 5 from 1981 to 1995.

The Colt's greatest accomplishment of all time, so far, was beating us in the AFCG. And I remember watching Rex Grossman too. :rolleyes:

I don't think there are too many here who cling to memories of SB's past. It's not about that, it's about Gasper's analysis.

Like I said the Pats have problems and this year's final loss was unacceptable. That does not mean that the last 5 years have been nothing but a debacle during which time we all wish we could be more like the Colts. At least I don't.

The only thing the Colts have finally been able to prove is that they're for real. I think the Pats have progressed beyond that stage. I'll stick with my original point: so who's really chasing who.

The Colt's greatest accomplishment of all time, so far, was beating us in the AFCG. And I remember watching Rex Grossman too. :rolleyes:

I don't think there are too many here who cling to memories of SB's past. It's not about that, it's about Gasper's analysis.

Like I said the Pats have problems and this year's final loss was unacceptable. That does not mean that the last 5 years have been nothing but a debacle during which time we all wish we could be more like the Colts. At least I don't.

The only thing the Colts have finally been able to prove is that they're for real. I think the Pats have progressed beyond that stage. I'll stick with my original point: so who's really chasing who.

Again, in the last 5 years the Steelers have made 2 SB appearances and one twice, the Colts 2 SB appearances and won once with another shot at a ring. We've made it once and lost.

The Colts have made the playoffs all 5 years, have made it to the AFCCG twice and the SB twice. The Steelers have made it to the playoffs 3/5 years, have made it to the AFCCG twice and the SB twice. We've made it to the playoffs 4/5 years, have made it to the AFCCG twice and the SB once.

How exactly have we "progressed beyond" whatever stage the Colts are at?

Take out the Colts Superbowl 41 win and they don't have any with Manning. What's your point?

Its been 5 years since we last won one.We probably wouldnt be talking if we had won the 2007 superbowl and be in the record books.

Let's give the Colts credit for keeping their system and coaches consistent. There is allot to be said for having one voice or one method on either side of the ball. They also run simple systems whom you can plug a certain style of player into. Every year they have injuries and every year guys fill the void because they have very simillar skillsets. If Charlie Weiss and Rac were both still here , How many more Lombardis would we have. 1, 2 or maybe none. The Colts should be admired for keeping simple and consistent. I tell you what, you put a new young coordinator in there and tell me how their offense and fluidity reacts. Tom Moore and Mudd are what makes the Colts go!

We probably wouldnt be talking if we had won the 2007 superbowl and be in the record books.

E-xactly.
And the Colts didn't have the stones to chase that one. ;)

Last edited:
i agree 100% one of the biggest problems with the pats is they are trying to turn tom brady, in to manning, and it's not working for them. and thats not a knock on brady,

look at joe montana, stats they are good but noting like dan marinos, but montana has 4 rings because he had HOF players all over the place on he's team on both sides of the ball

they need to put a team around brady get a real RB rebuild the defense. and upgrade the O line the pats can't win with brady throwing the ball 40 to 50 times a game.

Another good post. Lets get back to how we did win those 3 SB's.

Wow.

Be prepared to duck.

I could have written that myself, I agree with it so much. All the BB is great at drafting and player development. Really? Really? Are you sure? Doesn't look like it from here.

Colts OL is 4th rounders and below!

Their defense I knew is a bunch of low round guys. That's just amazing what it says about their organization.

Please can we get one of their guys to be our OC?

Maybe BB can learn something from their D?

According to all your posts on here, the Patriots suffer from second rate talent, coaching, player development, and drafting. You are quite the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe