PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts - Control of their own destiny was fun while it lasted edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a good article on the Dolphins focusing in on Shane Vereen today, who had the opportunity to touch the ball 9 times in total (while only converting on 5 of those 9 attempts, with 3/7 passing and 2 carries for 13 yds) and only gaining 21 total yards on the day.

Miami ?D? silences Vereen | Boston Herald

You are 100% correct.....and this all comes down to McD and his game planning. Started the game with about 6 blount runs in a row....never saw Vereen even in there until about mid first quarter....Can this guy NOT imagine just lining Vereen up in the slot like they use Edelman.....or Amendola? Its like he has to come out of the backfield only......dont get that. The first play to Vereen was a predictable pass out of backfield where he got stuffed for a loss....then he disappeared for awhile.....I agree with u that he should have been more of a factor. ...and it all falls back on our OC who cont to have problems adjusting his gameplay or thinking outside the box

QUOTE=ausbacker;3684100]I was surprised buy the lack of Vereen use today. He seemed a perfect match up to exploit.[/QUOTE]

How about we make the playoffs first? A loss to Baltimore which is probably 50/50, and a last game upset by Buffalo and we could find ourselves watching from home in January.

That might be best at this point, I don't really want to watch them lose to the Ravens or a Manning again.

Wow....how anyone can throw ANY rocks at Edelman right now is amazing. First of all Julian is pretty quick and shifty. Secondly....he IS our receiving corps right now!! Expect Baltimore to take him out of the equation this week.....Boyce, amendola and the rest are going to struggle to get it done in Baltimore.

I think the main area where having those players back will help is keeping the opposing defenses more honest, and potentially stretching the field a bit more.

As you said, it will likely be difficult getting them the ball on longer routes, but it may at least allow for defenses to play a bit differently. They will certainly take some middle route shots here and there, and hope that one of them can get the ball in space and gain some YACs too. Of course Nate Solder's situation will be an important aspect to monitor moving forward, as we have way too many issues on the offensive line already as it is.

It obviously didn't help that Josh Boyce dropped THREE more passes today either, as they did attempt to get some speed involved outside of the "slow white six" (Amendola, Edelman, Collie, Hooman, Devlin, Mulligan) short to intermediate routes.

I think this team really needs to make a decision on what they want to do with Ridley. With Gronk out, I think he becomes our best RZ target. He has to be the focal point of the running game come playoff time. We need to keep defenses more honest, and Brady is getting killed with poor o line play. If BB and McD don't trust him, or he coughs up the ball in another crucial moment, shop him around in the off season and get something in return, but the guy is to good, and now too important to be wasted on the bench.

I think this team really needs to make a decision on what they want to do with Ridley. With Gronk out, I think he becomes our best RZ target. He has to be the focal point of the running game come playoff time. We need to keep defenses more honest, and Brady is getting killed with poor o line play. If BB and McD don't trust him, or he coughs up the ball in another crucial moment, shop him around in the off season and get something in return, but the guy is to good, and now too important to be wasted on the bench.

I agree completely.
Play Ridley.

Reminds me of a John Prine song

That's the way the world goes round, you're up one day, the next you're down, there's a half an inch of water and you think you're gonna drown, that"s the way that the world goes around.............

I feel bad for TFB. Literally every game is hinging on him winning it singlehandedly thanks to our limp-wristed defense. It's an outrageous amount of pressure. We are going nowhere once we hobble into the playoffs. The injury bug has literally taken us out of it this year. You still must admire the fight in this team. We are definitely the most entertaining team in football. No question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST