PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Recognize Game: Hopkins With a Shout Out to Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the best receivers in the game.

As Crash Davis so eloquently put it "Chicks dig the long ball" but in football there's a lot to be said for the more subtly sexy art of moving the chains. One of the many reasons Troy '1st Down' Brown is an all time favorite in these parts.

Hop is an amazing player, one of my favs in the league. He looks so skinny it’s amazing he can take the beating he does out there.

This article was from earlier in the year if people missed it.

The incredible survival story of DeAndre Hopkins and his mom

I already liked Hopkins a bunch (appreciate that he's a top WR in the league without the diva aspects that so often come along with that status), but this made me like him even more.

I tend to believe that we coveted him and BOB stole him from us. If we had gotten him you have to think we would be talking about going for ring #8 or 9.

As Crash Davis so eloquently put it "Chicks dig the long ball" but in football there's a lot to be said for the more subtly sexy art of moving the chains. One of the many reasons Troy '1st Down' Brown is an all time favorite in these parts.

One of my all time favorite Pats WR was David Givens who like TB always seem to have a knack of getting first downs in key suitations.

I'm sure DB's get mad when they give up a big play to a burner. It's dejecting to give up points so quickly. But it must be absolutely MADDENING to the point of breaking them into bad habits when players consistently convert 3rd downs (especially 7+ yard ones) on them. After the third straight 3rd and 10 conversion in the AFCCG in KC, did anyone doubt we were going in the end zone? That defense just didn't know what to do anymore. They had us on the ropes, with Mahomes ready to take them to the Super Bowl, three times and couldn't finish it off. There's a psychological edge to that that gets overlooked sometimes IMO.

I'm sure DB's get mad when they give up a big play to a burner. It's dejecting to give up points so quickly. But it must be absolutely MADDENING to the point of breaking them into bad habits when players consistently convert 3rd downs (especially 7+ yard ones) on them. After the third straight 3rd and 10 conversion in the AFCCG in KC, did anyone doubt we were going in the end zone? That defense just didn't know what to do anymore. They had us on the ropes, with Mahomes ready to take them to the Super Bowl, three times and couldn't finish it off. There's a psychological edge to that that gets overlooked sometimes IMO.
Yeah, I agree. It's got to be absolutely the most frustrating thing in the world, especially since it was Jules two out of three times in the AFFCG overtime. It just takes everything out of you at that point.

Hopkins going off.

If you just saw that TD, you saw him give the ball to his mom after.

Ok nice compliment but I'm not about to **** the guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe