PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gaffney did the Lights Out Dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------

I'm home in warmth and comfort, sipping my black tea while gazing at some surfers just about to catch a wave. Just another typical SoCal scene.

So you like staring at surfers...are you naked , too?

Tomlinson is updating his prediction to "if we play the Patriots 100 times, we will win 97 of them in a row."

LMFAO, "OK, OK, we'll play best out of seven then"

That's right, when all else fails, bring up the weather as if we're jealous. Can you snowboard and ski in SoCal? Is the housing market as expensive as Boston's? the answer to these questions is no and yet some of you think we have some kind of inferiority complex about living in a place with seasons. It's not as if we're from Buffalo. People move to Boston all the time because it's a hell of a lot better of a city than San Diego. And it doesn't burn down every summer either.

Say what you will about the Patriots being better than the Chargers but there's no way that you can honestly think that Boston is a better place to live in than San Diego. I live in San Diego and not only is the weather great 99% of the time, but the scenery is amazing as well. Do you honestly think that Boston is better looking than this?:

san-diego-lg.jpg

109911666.jpg

embassy-suites-hotel.jpg

2004_08_29_Windandseabeach_Laura_Lirsten_PB_urgent_care110resize.JPG

I just hope that Gaptooth is still a Pats next season when your team visits San Diego. I'm sure some Chargers would like to say hello to him.

The same thing goes for Seymorebutts. I couldn't wait to see him on his back with Hardwick pressing down on his neck and Manu's helmet on his knees.

"Sheet" happens on the field you know.

You sound a lot like that players on your favorite team. You may take that as a compliment, but trust me, it's not.

Are we really starting with the revenge talk again, already? That's 2 games now where the Chargers would get their revenge. 2 times they've failed.

Three games. This game was revenge for the week two game, which was revenge for last year's playoffs.

That's right, when all else fails, bring up the weather as if we're jealous. Can you snowboard and ski in SoCal? Is the housing market as expensive as Boston's? the answer to these questions is no and yet some of you think we have some kind of inferiority complex about living in a place with seasons.

But umm, you absolutely can ski in Southern California, albeit in the Los Angeles area. And Southern California's real estate is even more expensive than Boston's, which isn't a compliment to either region's grossly inflated housing markets.

Boston is a wonderful city. Southern California is a wonderful region, although I'm partial to the coast of LA County, and to a lesser extent, OC, as I think San Diego, while beautiful, is overrated. It's still a great place though.

Last edited:
I can't think of anything more horrible than 70 and sunny year round.

Warm weather sucks.

It seems painfully obvious that just as many douchebags live in San Diego as live in Boston. If not more.

Not really sure what the competition is. I don't know anyone who really desires to live in either city.

It seems painfully obvious that just as many douchebags live in San Diego as live in Boston. If not more.

Not really sure what the competition is. I don't know anyone who really desires to live in either city.

Raising my hand! I hate the Chargers but I am very, very jealous of the weather. I'm more of an OC person than San Diego, but I LOVE it out there. Sorry, I have no need to freeze my butt off and look at snow ever again!

Other than Hawaii, SoCal is the best place to live in the U.S.

Raising my hand! I hate the Chargers but I am very, very jealous of the weather. I'm more of an OC person than San Diego, but I LOVE it out there. Sorry, I have no need to freeze my butt off and look at snow ever again!

I didn't realize San Diego was the only place on the west coast with nice weather.

I stand corrected.

LOL! Hopefully you're being sarcastic.

Nope. Dead serious. I have a friend who lived in Coronado. It was great to visit for a week or so, but I would hate to live there. I love the winter. We are getting snow today, and it's great.

Say what you will about the Patriots being better than the Chargers but there's no way that you can honestly think that Boston is a better place to live in than San Diego. I live in San Diego and not only is the weather great 99% of the time, but the scenery is amazing as well. Do you honestly think that Boston is better looking than this?:

san-diego-lg.jpg

109911666.jpg

embassy-suites-hotel.jpg

2004_08_29_Windandseabeach_Laura_Lirsten_PB_urgent_care110resize.JPG

Uh, yeah. Now picture all of that covered in leaves, or snow. Autumn and winter in the Northeast is absolutely breathtaking, if you don't mind shoveling. The same weather every damn day? Seventy degrees on Christmas Day? Lame

Last edited:
Uh, yeah. Now picture all of that covered in leaves, or snow. Autumn and winter in the Northeast is absolutely breathtaking, if you don't mind shoveling. The same weather every damn day? Seventy degrees on Christmas Day? Lame

Snow is nice to look at but it's not something that I would want to have to deal with for months. You can't go surfing in snowy weather and you can't go jogging every day.

Last edited:
By the way, isn't it kind of embarrassing to be reduced to making fun of the weather in the region where a sports team plays, just because that team beat the snot out of yours 3 times in a row?

I doubt I'll get an answer, but then again I think I already know what it is.

I like the Barry Sanders celebration, or lack thereof, the best: (A) hand the ball to the ref (B) walk to bench

Nah, Sanders' was boring...that pompous "been here before and I'll be here again..." stuff. Give us some entertainment, son!

My favorite all-time dance was the original one:

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson of the Houston Earlers, up on both toes, legs gyratin' to and fro', knees-a-clanking Elvis-style, hands held in the victory "V" with the ball up high, then spiked down through the legs while they kept-a-wobblin'...sometimes he'd slow the legs down, sometimes he'd speed 'em up...sometimes he'd actually turn 180 while he i did it...

I think they called it the "Godfather of the TD Celebration" after James Brown's Godfather of Soul...

Now THAT'S a damn TD dance!

(He also did an over-the-shoulder one that was pretty cool, too, but nothin' like the Godfather...)

Last edited:
Snow is nice to look at but it's not something that I would want to have to deal with for months. You can't go surfing in snowy weather and you can go jogging every day.

Let's put it this way: it's hard to be a New Englander and be soft.

One word about California weather....EARTHQUAKES!! Damn things are tough to forecast, and if you get caught in a big one, they don't sell any earthquake tires!!

Last edited:
Snow is nice to look at but it's not something that I would want to have to deal with for months. You can't go surfing in snowy weather and you can go jogging every day.

Surfing? Nope. You can go skiiing and snowboarding though. You can also run everyday if you so choose. I was in Boston this weekend and it was about 15 degrees outside and people were running all over the place. If you aren't a sally, you don't need it to be 70 degrees to run.

I am not knocking SoCal, but I've seen a pattern of these Charger fans who seem to think that Boston residents would rather be living there and I promise you that is not the case. I like the Fall and Winter for one thing, and to tell me that you can ski in LA county is pretty hilarious. Warm, dry weather all year round doesn't particularly appeal to me, and neither does a culture with no real business or job opportunities where everything revolves around the beach. Oh and this doesn't particularly appeal to me either:

500_John_Gibbins_UT.jpg

You can use a perfect photo of Sand Diego all you want, but I love Boston and I think it's a beautifal, historic place unlike any other. I don't knock you for liking SoCal but it's pretty silly of you to suggest that we only live in Boston because we can't live in San Diego, or vice versa, which seems to be a Chargers fan's trump card when they lose in an argument about football. Here's what I'm talking about:

1_boston.jpg

100130~Boston-at-Night-with-Time-Exposed-Car-Lights-on-the-Central-Artery-Posters.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News