PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gaffney did the Lights Out Dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not much of a trump card to say "don't you wish you could live near a douchebag like me?"

I am not knocking SoCal, but I've seen a pattern of these Charger fans who seem to think that Boston residents would rather be living there and I promise you that is not the case. I like the Fall and Winter for one thing, and to tell me that you can ski in LA county is pretty hilarious. Warm, dry weather all year round doesn't particularly appeal to me, and neither does a culture with no real business or job opportunities where everything revolves around the beach. Oh and this doesn't particularly appeal to me either:

You can use a perfect photo of Sand Diego all you want, but I love Boston and I think it's a beautifal, historic place unlike any other. I don't knock you for liking SoCal but it's pretty silly of you to suggest that we only live in Boston because we can't live in San Diego, or vice versa, which seems to be a Chargers fan's trump card when they lose in an argument about football. Here's what I'm talking about:

Unfortunately Wildo, our population is not growing. For whatever reason, people are getting wimpier and being drawn to warmer climates. But I'm with you, I love Boston and the 4 seasons.

Can't imagine Christmas in a warm place.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately Wildo, our population is not growing. For whatever reason, people are getting wimpier and being drawn to warmer climates. But I'm with you, I love Boston and the 4 seasons.

Can't imagine Christmas in a warm place.:rolleyes:

Boston is actually expanding. But the job market is forcing a lot of recent college grads to move to other places.

Other than Hawaii, SoCal is the best place to live in the U.S.

Visiting Hawaii is great. Living there, not so much. Unless you enjoy football games that start at 7 o'clock in the morning, and a general isolation from much of the goings on. I love California, but I was raised in Boston so I love it there too. Seriously, there is no such thing as a perfect place to live, because everyone is different. Some like the change of season, some love the year round warmth. I think we can all agree that as long as you're happy, you're in the right place.

Oh yea, and the Patriots are better than the Chargers in any climate, warm or cold, night or day, regular season or playoffs.

I didn't realize San Diego was the only place on the west coast with nice weather.

I stand corrected.

I didn't mean to say it was. I was just being honest. I live in MA but would kill to live in SoCal.

Oh my, how unclassy! :D

On the weather detour, SoCal is a very nice place to visit. I spent some time in SD over the summer. But I wouldn't want to live there. I dig the 4 seasons stuff. If I have my way, I'll be retiring somewhere in Aroostook County Maine. Nothing but lakes, trees and snowmobile trails.

Here is the scenery in Boston:

Attachments

• Boston Scenery.JPG
    Boston Scenery.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I am not knocking SoCal, but I've seen a pattern of these Charger fans who seem to think that Boston residents would rather be living there and I promise you that is not the case. I like the Fall and Winter for one thing, and to tell me that you can ski in LA county is pretty hilarious. Warm, dry weather all year round doesn't particularly appeal to me, and neither does a culture with no real business or job opportunities where everything revolves around the beach. Oh and this doesn't particularly appeal to me either:

500_John_Gibbins_UT.jpg

You can use a perfect photo of Sand Diego all you want, but I love Boston and I think it's a beautifal, historic place unlike any other. I don't knock you for liking SoCal but it's pretty silly of you to suggest that we only live in Boston because we can't live in San Diego, or vice versa, which seems to be a Chargers fan's trump card when they lose in an argument about football. Here's what I'm talking about:

1_boston.jpg

100130~Boston-at-Night-with-Time-Exposed-Car-Lights-on-the-Central-Artery-Posters.jpg

My point wasn't that everyone in Boston would rather live in San Diego, but rather that San Diego has nicer weather and scenery than Boston. Some people like the cold and the different seasons but some don't; I get that. All I'm saying is, regardless of our disagreements about football, you have to recognize that San Diego is a great place to live, and every place has it's natural disasters. We get fires here every 5 years or so but most of the time they affect the regions that are further north in SD county because there are more trees there.

Also, there are plenty of jobs in San Diego; if there weren't then the people that live here wouldn't be able to afford the very expensive housing. Lots of companies are based in San Diego such as Qualcomm, Gateway, Cox Cable, Lockheed Martin, and many devoted to technology. We're home to the largest zoo in the world, as well as the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. We host the International Comic Con every year, and we're a stone's throw away from Los Angeles. We have a beautiful city that has lots to offer:

great.

hammered out of the playoffs and they come back w/the largest zoo and a comic convention.........

stock up on those comics --- it'll be a long wait 'til next season.

My point wasn't that everyone in Boston would rather live in San Diego, but rather that San Diego has nicer weather and scenery than Boston. Some people like the cold and the different seasons but some don't; I get that. All I'm saying is, regardless of our disagreements about football, you have to recognize that San Diego is a great place to live, and every place has it's natural disasters. We get fires here every 5 years or so but most of the time they affect the regions that are further north in SD county because there are more trees there.

Also, there are plenty of jobs in San Diego; if there weren't then the people that live here wouldn't be able to afford the very expensive housing. Lots of companies are based in San Diego such as Qualcomm, Gateway, Cox Cable, Lockheed Martin, and many devoted to technology. We're home to the largest zoo in the world, as well as the Wild Animal Park and Sea World. We host the International Comic Con every year, and we're a stone's throw away from Los Angeles. We have a beautiful city that has lots to offer:

I like SoCal, but I was responding to this:

"I'm home in warmth and comfort, sipping my black tea while gazing at some surfers just about to catch a wave. Just another typical SoCal scene."

This was Khantwin's response when it was pointed out that his team is no longer playing so his trolling is in vein. I was just pointing out that Boston isn't some post-industrial town that residents are forced to live in whenn they'd rather live somewhere else. I've seen this implied by some other Chargers fans when they're backed into a corner, and they say stuff like this as if we are all really jealous or something. But yes, SD is beautiful as is Boston and most of the residents of both places are proud and happy to live there.

Nicer weather and scenery are relative. To me, 4 seasons and snow are nicer than 70 and sunny year-round. Scenery? Where I live in Ann Arbor is pretty nice, northern Michigan is very nice, but I'd take Boston over any city in the country. My personal preference is the historical significance of the region as well as the modern beauty.

San Diego is great. I love SoCal (SD and LA especially) but I'd take Boston every day of the week.

All I'm saying is, regardless of our disagreements about football, you have to recognize that San Diego is a great place to live, and every place has it's natural disasters.

Hey, there's no denying that you have the Chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes