PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Funny Watson Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same article:

Watson has been an effective and easy-to-locate component in the offense, Belichick explained. In fact, given the way the coach praised him, you would think Watson played for the Bengals.

:rofl:

Now all the pressure is off him, teams have more to worry about so he will have the great year this year that everyone expected last year.

easily 10+ TDs

Buried deep in the article was Watson's quote:

"I'm just hoping to make an impact before I am inevitably sent to the bench by Dave Thomas. He is smarter than I am, and even though I've contributed so much to this team, and he is still learning which direction the playing field is in, since we haven't seen what he can do, I'm afraid that his upside is tremendous, because there is so much room to improve on having barely played. Coach Belichick consistently tells us that coaching is about finding out what players can do. Once you've learned the secret answer, its time to start over again and learn what someone else can do. I try to hide from Coach as much as possible, hoping that he'll forget about me a little bit, then still think he doesn't know everything I can do. The hard part is, you know, my hands, Ive only caught about 100 more passes than Thomas, but, damn it, I've dropped a couple more. I think coach figures that if you never throw someone a pass, and they never drop one, they have the best hands in the league. I'm just hoping to withstand the blitzkrieg-like charge of Dave Thomas toward my job, and hope I make it through the season without him taking my job away."

Buried deep in the article was Watson's quote:

"I'm just hoping to make an impact before I am inevitably sent to the bench by Dave Thomas. He is smarter than I am, and even though I've contributed so much to this team, and he is still learning which direction the playing field is in, since we haven't seen what he can do, I'm afraid that his upside is tremendous, because there is so much room to improve on having barely played. Coach Belichick consistently tells us that coaching is about finding out what players can do. Once you've learned the secret answer, its time to start over again and learn what someone else can do. I try to hide from Coach as much as possible, hoping that he'll forget about me a little bit, then still think he doesn't know everything I can do. The hard part is, you know, my hands, Ive only caught about 100 more passes than Thomas, but, damn it, I've dropped a couple more. I think coach figures that if you never throw someone a pass, and they never drop one, they have the best hands in the league. I'm just hoping to withstand the blitzkrieg-like charge of Dave Thomas toward my job, and hope I make it through the season without him taking my job away."

UHHH what the hell are you talking about?

That sounded more like the Marv Cook quote in 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News