Welcome to PatsFans.com

From Australia

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by eastsrule, Jan 12, 2007.

1. eastsrule

eastsrule On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Guys,

I'm aware there is a few aussies on here. I've been a longtime 'lurker'. I've been a huge Pats fan since I saw the "Snow Bowl" game. I've followed the team with great interest over those years...

A funny moment was a few weeks ago, I live at Bondi Beach and I met a man from Boston who was wearing a Patirots hat. We had a long discussion and he was a very nice person.

I just wanted to wish all the best to the team for this weekend... we will need it. But I tell you what, I have a good feeling. As taken for granted as he is, Tom Brady is the definition of a Quarterback, the skills and the poise to take a team all the way. Having him behind center must relieve much of the fear from you guys!

I've also just ordered my first REAL patriots jersey, there is a number of fakes available at various stores in Australia, but receiving a real patriots jersey is a badge of honour.

Cheers,
    eastsru;e

2. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +402 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Welcome and g'day. It's nice to have more fans from Asia-Pacific that I can picture hunched over their TVs early early Monday morning, just like I will.

3. eastsrule

eastsrule On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i'm also jewish lol.... so we have much in common. unfortunately i'll be relying on ESPN this weekend. damn.

4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +402 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Probably too late for you now, but I watch on slingbox via my father's cable TV back in the US. Check out Slingbox on the web, it's very cool.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What is this "fear" thing you speak of?
    Oh I remember! It's that feeling we all had when Bledsoe was our QB! ;) Gotcha!

6. eastsrule

eastsrule On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Luckily enough, I never watched Bledsoe in a Patriots jersey... well I did a few minutes....

It's a good feeling watching him fail in Bills and Cowboys jerseys. Justify's BB's decision!

7. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Good to see you on here eastsrule. GOod to be able to converse with an Aussie about a sport other than cricket.:(

8. old 55

old 55 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2

#87 Jersey

Eastsrule - I've been to your country on three different trips and can't tell you how much I enjoyed it.
    The people are great and the sights are terrific. I've done Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Cannes (Barrier Reef), Hamilton & Hayman Islands. Didn't get to Ayers Rock yet or Western Australia either, but they are on my list of places to see.

BTW - Have you heard the Waifs song about the waitress who lives in a funky little apartment down on Bondi Beach? I assume the Waifs are fairly well known "Down Under" but are probably not known by too many in the states.

9. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +683 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Welcome and congratulations on the cricket. "Unfortunately", in the U.S. (where I've been living) we couldn't get to see the games. That great American, Mr Murdoch, seems to have decreed otherwise. But from your monicker I think you're more concerned with Rugby League (another sport that Australia dominates, for you Americans :( ).

Although I've only visited Australia once, my Mum used to live there (Echuca, Va) and my sister still does (Mullumbimby (!!!) NSW). Great climate, great food, friendly people -- I'd love to go back.

10. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,933 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

G'day mate!

Have a vegamite for me!

Welcome aboard.

11. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's a lie. No one from inside the city of Boston is nice. He must have been from Maine and said he was from the Boston area just to get the location close.:rocker:

Welcome to the board.

12. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'll say welcome to the board, through gritted teeth, from a Pom. Is there any way that you lot can let us win ONE game on tour, even just by a couple of runs? Please?

13. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LMAO! There are 50 million or so of us. :eek:

14. eastsrule

eastsrule On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Of course. You guys will be playing New Zealand soon.