PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Taylor has wrist injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing, we don't have a game tomorrow.

Is it time to panic yet?

The evidence says otherwise.

And what evidence would you be speaking of? Let me guess, NFL.com player profile . . . I've lived in Jacksonville area for years as well as watching him play in college and I can tell you the numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with anyone regarding the matter, though. Hopefully, he'll hold up this season.

No worries I dont think he will play much in the preseason anyway

"..............A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan did not reveal any fractures, dislocations or ligament damage and the initial diagnosis of a sprain was confirmed.

Taylor was told to put the wrist in a velcro splint, rest it and ice it. Last Monday (April 27), doctors told Taylor that he could gradually ramp up his use of the wrist to full bore over the following two or three weeks."

Umm, this has all the significance of what flavor ice cream Pierre Woods had last night.

"..............A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan did not reveal any fractures, dislocations or ligament damage and the initial diagnosis of a sprain was confirmed.

Taylor was told to put the wrist in a velcro splint, rest it and ice it. Last Monday (April 27), doctors told Taylor that he could gradually ramp up his use of the wrist to full bore over the following two or three weeks."

Umm, this has all the significance of what flavor ice cream Pierre Woods had last night.

What's Woods doing eating ice cream? Doesn't he know he's got to keep his body pure?

Damn it! This really needs its own thread.

And what evidence would you be speaking of? Let me guess, NFL.com player profile . . . I've lived in Jacksonville area for years as well as watching him play in college and I can tell you the numbers don't tell the whole story. I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth with anyone regarding the matter, though. Hopefully, he'll hold up this season.

SI.com - NFL - FredTaylor Injuries

Long list of injuries for him dating back over the time period...but he still gets the job done despite missing time.

Frankly how is it any different than what Maroney and Morris have missed since they have been here?

disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

Breaking News:

It is May 4th, not September 4th.

Fred Taylor was a great pick-up for you guys, add him in with Sammy Morris and Kool-Aid and that is one scary 1-3 punch at the Running Back position, not to mention Kevin Faulk as a receiving threat.

Last edited:
The only thing older than the sky is falling crowd in this forum is the people who run around calling people chicken little's and posting that picture every time someone posts the obvious.

His name is "Fragile Freddy" for a reason, please don't try to tell me the sky isn't blue just so you can paint yourself as the more optimistic homer. Nobody I have seen is panicking, saying that the season is in jeopardy or claiming that we are dooooomed. It's just a thread reporting an injury of an injury-prone player. Pick your battles.

And yes, I like the Taylor signing as much as anyone.

Last edited:
The guys made of glass, I would've made a thread about it but someone is pulling some postcount prerequesite shenanigans.

The guys made of glass, I would've made a thread about it but someone is pulling some postcount prerequesite shenanigans.

I really don't get this sentiment, are we supposed to not talk about a Pats player getting injured on a Pats fan board?

It's no less meaningful than reporting on every word Chung says or that some other rookie looked good in practice.

I really don't get this sentiment, are we supposed to not talk about a Pats player getting injured on a Pats fan board?

It's no less meaningful than reporting on every word Chung says or that some other rookie looked good in practice.

Getting injured trying to stay in shape to get ready to play for them no less...

If it were someone who didn't have an injury history, would people be reacting any other way about him?

Getting injured trying to stay in shape to get ready to play for them no less...

If it were someone who didn't have an injury history, would people be reacting any other way about him?

No. On the other hand, if the Jets had signed him, people here would be laughing about this. Standard fare, really.

No. On the other hand, if the Jets had signed him, people here would be laughing about this. Standard fare, really.

What's funny is how this thread will look if he plays all 16 games, plus preseason and postseason and is one of if not the best running back on the team...

Lighten up, Francis Wildo...it's freakin' MAY

Last edited:
What's funny is how this thread will look if he plays all 16 games, plus preseason and postseason and is one of if not the best running back on the team...

Why? It won't change the reality of the guy. He's a guy who gets banged up a lot. He's played a full 16 game schedule only twice in 11 seasons. He's been a great runner when healthy, but let's not start acting as if he's football's version of Cal Ripken now that he's a Patriot.

Lighten up, Francis Wildo...it's freakin' MAY

I know, I just don't think anyone was really panicking about anything or over blowing it.

Look on the bright side...the Sox just beat the Yankwees...unbeaten in the new Urinal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST