PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Francoma's an IDIOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk. All major league NE sports fans have a haert felt interest in the Red Sox team that Tito regularly disrupts. Francoma makes me sick with his X's and O's moves. Too late pulling a starter, too late/too early with a defensive replacement, pinch hitting for the wrong guys at the wrong time, calling for pitch outs when everyone this side of Neptune knows they are coming, being tardy with having someone up in the pen, etc., etc., etc.......

Tonight- His team is loose and rolling. manny has jacked two and the team acn really feel the juice on the road - we're putting down one of the supposed threats to our season. Beckett has thrown around 80 pitches and has kept the Jays to two runs by pitching through 7 innings again ( what a great start to a LONG season) - a perfect chance to reinforce the kid's confidence and put down the pesky Jays. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Tito the Moron, just has to let Beckett go back out for the 8th - he's a player's manager after all. But a hit batsmen and a home run isn't enough to convince Tito the Brainless that he should yank the kid who has clearly lost his focus. Nope, another homerun to Vernon Wells, who already had a jack against Beckett tonight, was needed to convince the The Moron that Beckett was done.

Instead of bringing in Foulke to start the 8th, and having Timlin ready to go in case of a minor problem. Francoma now has to call upon Timlin with a tiny lead - and NO pitcher feels better with a one run lead when he could have started with a 4 RUN LEAD. I'd say it's obvious that Francoma understands these basic tenets, but we know he does not.

So, instead of having Pap flamethrow the Jays for the save in the 9th, Pap is wasted protecting a tie. did anyone really doubt the Jays were bound to win after they oevercame such a dominant pitching performance that Beckett gave for 7 innings. The Jays were reeling - Burnett was gone with an injury, the Sox had launched 4 homers and the Jay's were facing a Sox bullpen which hadn't blown a save yet. Add in the fact that Tito the Moron had a team that was cruising and loosey goosey, ready to really put it's foot down on the AL East, and all he needed to do was follow the plan. but no, he knew better. which really means he knew NOTHING. He's an idiot.........

Last edited:
Great managers, like great football coaches, are artists. All the numbers and hunches blend together into a feel for the game where the great ones can sense from a posture or a twitch how a given player will perform in a given situation, and what the outcome will be. Think of the difference between a great offensive play caller in the NFL and a JAG (just another guy) offensive coordinator. Both can have the same play sheets and the same players, but one man wins super bowls and the other can’t get a consistent attack mounted. Francona is simply a clerk. He is a grinder, an earnest hardworking clerk with marginal people skills entrusted with not overturning the apple cart. When he tries to spread his wings and become an artist he gets scorched by the sun and tumbles to earth. For example: Remember Clay Meredith last year, when Francona rode a hunch and ruined the kid’s psyche forever? Tonight a fan on the street would have pulled Beckett after it became 6-4. It took a real managerial genius to leave him in the game and blow the lead. Keep grinding Terry. Don’t confuse yourself with BB. You’ll only hurt yourself!

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk. All major league NE sports fans have a haert felt interest in the Red Sox team that Tito regularly disrupts. Francoma makes me sick with his X's and O's moves. Too late pulling a starter, too late/too early with a defensive replacement, pinch hitting for the wrong guys at the wrong time, calling for pitch outs when everyone this side of Neptune knows they are coming, being tardy with having someone up in the pen, etc., etc., etc.......

Tonight- His team is loose and rolling. manny has jacked two and the team acn really feel the juice on the road - we're putting down one of the supposed threats to our season. Beckett has thrown around 80 pitches and has kept the Jays to two runs by pitching through 7 innings again ( what a great start to a LONG season) - a perfect chance to reinforce the kid's confidence and put down the pesky Jays. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Tito the Moron, just has to let Beckett go back out for the 8th - he's a player's manager after all. But a hit batsmen and a home run isn't enough to convince Tito the Brainless that he should yank the kid who has clearly lost his focus. Nope, another homerun to Vernon Wells, who already had a jack against Beckett tonight, was needed to convince the The Moron that Beckett was done.

Instead of bringing in Foulke to start the 8th, and having Timlin ready to go in case of a minor problem. Francoma now has to call upon Timlin with a tiny lead - and NO pitcher feels better with a one run lead when he could have started with a 4 RUN LEAD. I'd say it's obvious that Francoma understands these basic tenets, but we know he does not.

So, instead of having Pap flamethrow the Jays for the save in the 9th, Pap is wasted protecting a tie. did anyone really doubt the Jays were bound to win after they oevercame such a dominant pitching performance that Beckett gave for 7 innings. The Jays were reeling - Burnett was gone with an injury, the Sox had launched 4 homers and the Jay's were facing a Sox bullpen which hadn't blown a save yet. Add in the fact that Tito the Moron had a team that was cruising and loosey goosey, ready to really put it's foot down on the AL East, and all he needed to do was follow the plan. but no, he knew better. which really means he knew NOTHING. He's an idiot.........

Are you drunk? THIS BELONGS IN THE BASEBALL FORUM!!!!

Hes basically John Macnamara but luckier..least he used to be luckier

I don't see the big deal in having Beckett start the 8th he had under 80 pitches. It just didn't work out tonight, the issue I do have however is bringing Seanez in after that god awful ball 4 call went against Foulke.

Bringing him back for the eighth was fine but facing wells again was just dumb

Tunescribe said:
Are you drunk? THIS BELONGS IN THE BASEBALL FORUM!!!!
This blows. We need the moderators to just move these stupid threads.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk.
Dude, QUIT THIS ****.

If you dont like it dont reply...and something magical will happen it will start to move down the list...cut the guy some slack...beantown!

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
If you dont like it dont reply...and something magical will happen it will start to move down the list...cut the guy some slack...beantown!
Kiss my ass, newbie.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

too bad you cant get his name right

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk. .......

Don't worry.
You won't hear it ... because you are not listening.

But this belongs in the Red Sox forum ... where all Red Sox fans can read it ...
without bothering Patriots fans who aren't Sox fans. Is such small self-control too difficult?

I have been on this site longer than you....Why the animosity...name calling?I hope the mods and Ian see how newbies are treated on here...I dont think Ian dislikes new members as much as you seem to.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
I have been on this site longer than you....Why the animosity...name calling?I hope the mods and Ian see how newbies are treated on here...I dont think Ian dislikes new members as much as you seem to.
I don't mind new members, I just don't like morons.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk. All major league NE sports fans have a haert felt interest in the Red Sox team that Tito regularly disrupts. .....

What a piss-poor assumption.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
I don't want to hear any "put it in the redsox forum" junk. All major league NE sports fans have a haert felt interest in the Red Sox team

If that were true you wouldn't be posting here. Because there would be just as much traffic in the sox forum. Go call WEEI. They'll cry with you about sox management ALL day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST