Foxborough Super Bowl possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
According to this NESN article and past comments by Kraft, they're looking into bringing the Super Bowl to Foxborough. Do you guys think it's possible? I've heard that it would be extremely unlikely due to the traffic situation. But, it was pretty bad in Jersey too. Would be awesome to see. Every team should be allowed to host the Super Bowl.

I would like it if the pats played in it also!

Not going to happen. I moved from MA to NYC 2 years ago. The amount of snow difference is huge. It snows 2 inches here and its a snowstorm. No way they'd subject people to a good chance of either a snowstorm or freezing weather.

The only reason NYC got it is because its the biggest city in the country.

Chicago won't be getting one either. Nor will Philly. Or anyone else that's north of Baltimore.

Not going to happen. I moved from MA to NYC 2 years ago. The amount of snow difference is huge. It snows 2 inches here and its a snowstorm. No way they'd subject people to a good chance of either a snowstorm or freezing weather.

The only reason NYC got it is because its the biggest city in the country.

Chicago won't be getting one either. Nor will Philly. Or anyone else that's north of Baltimore.

They do for the AFCCG. Why can't they for the super bowl?

Not happening, folks.

Pipedream by the Boston Globe. Who the hell wants to be cooped up in Boston in February and bussed to Foxboro????? It's far different than being in Manhattan and bussed to the Meadowlands.

Much as I hate to say it, Breer is right:

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer One thing people need to remember about future cold-weather Super Bowls -- This one was a reward for building a $1.6 billion stadium.

If Finneran, Bulger, Barnicle, McDonough, Menino and Shaughnessy hadn't blocked Kraft from building the stadium in South Boston in the late 1990's, then a SB there would have been very possible.

But for the Globe to hypocritically attempt espousing this now is the height of irony.

I can't see it happening. They'd have to close Route 1 and bring 68,000 people in by bus. The train to Foxboro is a bad joke. Throw in even a little weather and you've got a catastrophe.

If there is another cold weather SB I would think that Kraft would be at the top of the list of candidates.

I think Rt 1 traffic concerns would be very valid but it can be done right and doesnt have to be worse than a regualar game.

I think the real concern would have to be the airports and hotels in the area. Between Providence, Logan, Worcester and even NY I think we get them in and out leaving only the hotel concern and I would like to think Boston has enough but I dont know for sure.

It would be real interesting in Foxboro as I am only 5 miles up rte one and my father is even closer. Would probably have to go to this one even if our team wasnt in it and also would probably rent out my house and stay at my fathers for the weekend and would actually be able to chip on for my ticket. :D

I bet they end up doing another cold weather game just probably wont be for another decade. Maybe not until another brand new outoor cold weather facility is built. Wouldnt think we need to upgrade Gillette for a real long time but in a decade might Kraft consider this if he knew it would get him the SB?

The AFCCG is played in the team's home stadium.

Neutral site? C'mon.

Because to maintain security they don't allow people to park their cars at the Super Bowl anywhere near the stadium.

Because to maintain security they don't allow people to park their cars at the Super Bowl anywhere near the stadium.

Yup. Any geniuses at the "Over My Dead Body Will Kraft Build a Stadium in Southie" Globe want to compare Route 1 to the New Jersey Turnpike?

If Finneran, Bulger, Barnicle, McDonough, Menino and Shaughnessy hadn't blocked Kraft from building the stadium in South Boston in the late 1990's, then a SB there would have been very possible.

But for the Globe to hypocritically attempt espousing this now is the height of irony.

Why did they do that? That would have been nice....could take the train right from Portland to Boston to get to Patriots games.

I think Rt 1 traffic concerns would be very valid but it can be done right and doesnt have to be worse than a regualar game.
What are you smoking? :confused: Route 1 would be closed to regular traffic. The only way people could get to the game would be by bus (you'd need literally HUNDREDS of them) and by train. And the only way the train could be used with any efficiency would be if they did a HUGE upgrade costing many millions because it's a relic of the '50s currently employed eight times a year.

Throw in a little freezing rain and you'd have a clusterfluck of monumental proportions. Like Shmessy said, New England's chance to host a Super Bowl died with the decision to build Gillette in Foxboro. Of course, if we had forward-thinking leaders in the Statehouse 20 years ago instead of parochial dimwits like Finneran, we'd now be enjoying a Super Bowl-worthy stadium on the Boston waterfront.

Its not necessary: every teams that comes to Foxboro, its like a SB to them anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back