PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox Sports: Brady's return is a breath of fresh air for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few lines that got my attention:

Brady provides a welcome breath of fresh air from such negativity. There may be no other NFL superstar as conscious about showing that he is a team player. During Thursday's 24-minute media session, Brady used the word "we" on 76 different occasions along with nine mentions apiece of "us" and "team." Because he didn't want to seem different than his teammates, Brady refused to speak with reporters at a podium or even stand on a riser arranged to give a better view to 20-plus photographers.

For a player who married the world's most successful supermodel and dated an acclaimed actress (Bridget Moynahan), Brady has maintained a relatively low off-field profile despite being a tabloid target. There are no embarrassing Matt Leinart-style beer-bong photos of Brady circulating on the internet. He isn't "making it rain" like Tennessee's Vince Young did a few weeks ago when throwing money inside a crowded club.

"We haven't had the kind of season we would've liked going into our fifth year," said Brady, referring to New England's lack of NFL championships since the 2004 campaign. "When you don't make the playoffs, you're looking up at a lot of teams. We've got to get back to winning some games."

Great article. Some of the responses below the article are so dumb they made my head hurt reading them.

There were a few lines that got my attention:

For a player who married the world's most successful supermodel and dated an acclaimed actress (Bridget Moynahan), Brady ...

I get the feeling Bridget had some influence on the writer of this piece.
Can't quite put my finger on why I think this.:confused::D

I get the feeling Bridget had some influence on the writer of this piece.
Can't quite put my finger on why I think this.:confused::D
Ha, yeah - good catch! I realize she had a lead in I Robot opposite Will Smith, but would anybody outside of her home town ever remember her name if not for the time she spent dating Brady?

Bridget Moynahan

It's ok, people, you can like Tom Brady and still not hate Bridget. She even has her own career and everything. Why people feel the need to denigrate the mother of Brady's kid just because things didn't work out between them is something sports shrinks must love to ponder.

Bridget Moynahan

It's ok, people, you can like Tom Brady and still not hate Bridget. She even has her own career and everything. Why people feel the need to denigrate the mother of Brady's kid just because things didn't work out between them is something sports shrinks must love to ponder.

You don't know, once you're no longer affiliated with the Pats, you are dead to us. ;) Yes, I know, we have some pretty lame fans, but not all of them. Me and you still cool. :eat3:

Bridget Moynahan

I don't think it is a matter of hating Bridget, I certainly don't have a problem with her, but more so an issue with the wording --- "acclaimed", really? How many Oscars/Golden Globes does she have?

SSDD

I don't think it is a matter of hating Bridget, I certainly don't have a problem with her, but more so an issue with the wording --- "acclaimed", really? How many Oscars/Golden Globes does she have?

SSDD

No, if she won those, she'd be regarded as an "award-winning actress." Being an acclaimed actress pretty much means that she is popular.

Great article. Some of the responses below the article are so dumb they made my head hurt reading them.

the ignorance in this country is scary. i weep for the future. :D

Bridget Moynahan

I wasn't trying to dump on Moynahan, though I suppose I could have chosen my words more carefully. I literally could not (and still cannot) recall seeing her in any of those other movies - which is why I question how many people would recognize her name if not for her time with Brady. Obviously she has been more successful than I gave her credit for, given the number of times she was among the top three or four actors listed in movies in which she has appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST