Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fox Sports: Brady's return is a breath of fresh air for the NFL

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0

There were a few lines that got my attention:

Brady provides a welcome breath of fresh air from such negativity. There may be no other NFL superstar as conscious about showing that he is a team player. During Thursday's 24-minute media session, Brady used the word "we" on 76 different occasions along with nine mentions apiece of "us" and "team." Because he didn't want to seem different than his teammates, Brady refused to speak with reporters at a podium or even stand on a riser arranged to give a better view to 20-plus photographers.

For a player who married the world's most successful supermodel and dated an acclaimed actress (Bridget Moynahan), Brady has maintained a relatively low off-field profile despite being a tabloid target. There are no embarrassing Matt Leinart-style beer-bong photos of Brady circulating on the internet. He isn't "making it rain" like Tennessee's Vince Young did a few weeks ago when throwing money inside a crowded club.

"We haven't had the kind of season we would've liked going into our fifth year," said Brady, referring to New England's lack of NFL championships since the 2004 campaign. "When you don't make the playoffs, you're looking up at a lot of teams. We've got to get back to winning some games."
  3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great article. Some of the responses below the article are so dumb they made my head hurt reading them.
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I get the feeling Bridget had some influence on the writer of this piece.
    Can't quite put my finger on why I think this.:confused::D
  5. jmt57

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0

Ha, yeah - good catch! I realize she had a lead in I Robot opposite Will Smith, but would anybody outside of her home town ever remember her name if not for the time she spent dating Brady?
  6. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +718 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Bridget Moynahan

It's ok, people, you can like Tom Brady and still not hate Bridget. She even has her own career and everything. Why people feel the need to denigrate the mother of Brady's kid just because things didn't work out between them is something sports shrinks must love to ponder.
  7. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You don't know, once you're no longer affiliated with the Pats, you are dead to us. ;) Yes, I know, we have some pretty lame fans, but not all of them. Me and you still cool. :eat3:
  8. SEPatsFan

SEPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think it is a matter of hating Bridget, I certainly don't have a problem with her, but more so an issue with the wording --- "acclaimed", really? How many Oscars/Golden Globes does she have?

SSDD
  9. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No, if she won those, she'd be regarded as an "award-winning actress." Being an acclaimed actress pretty much means that she is popular.
  10. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the ignorance in this country is scary. i weep for the future. :D
  11. jmt57

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0

I wasn't trying to dump on Moynahan, though I suppose I could have chosen my words more carefully. I literally could not (and still cannot) recall seeing her in any of those other movies - which is why I question how many people would recognize her name if not for her time with Brady. Obviously she has been more successful than I gave her credit for, given the number of times she was among the top three or four actors listed in movies in which she has appeared.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.