PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fox: Belichick “Exploiting Rule Book” and NFL Must “Stop It Immediately"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, the headline is far more inflammatory than the article. The article is really just pointing out how the league screwed up on this rule and instead of reducing the number of returns, it has increased them.

In fact, although in kinda a swarmy way, Chase is complimenting Belichick for being one step ahead of the rest of the league in exploiting the major flaw in this rule.

The knee jerk anger in this thread makes me I wonder how many here read the article. It's quite complimentary of Belichick and the Pats. Helps to know what we're yelling about...
That would be a fair reading of it in a vacuum devoid of any context from the last ten years, sure.

The headline is click bait. The author was interviewed Saturday morning on Gasper and Murrayy. The piece was complimentary toward BB and the author was as well during the interview. The author didn't create the headline.
Not just the headline.

I'm really looking forward to Chris Chase column on how the 18 game season is a BONANZA for the players.

(Note: I see the thread about the Green Bay play has weirdly devolved into a question as to whether the Pats are singled out,.

im sure the person even debating that the patriots are held to a different standard in the media and via the league office will just say we're imagining this as well.

It hasn't even been his ability to turn both his shorts and sweatshirts into something Daisy Duke would probably say was too risque.

Because he wears risqué stuff.

See this sort of sports center writing a lot. It's as if they know there's no content so they want to jazz it up with clever one liners. Except they're not clever either so even though it's not clever, or even absurd enough to be funny they just throw it in there hoping the resemblance to something witty is a sufficient replacement for actual wit.

I can't believe I wasted my time with that click.

Chase is a total idiot, and the worst part is he expects to change a rule a quarter of the way into the season. It's like he's never played sports before in his entire life and has no idea what competition and integrity are. Wait a second...

If you're going to change rules partway through the season, you might as well admit you're going to make it all up as you go then. New rule: no 3rd-round QBs allowed to play. New rule: 4 game suspensions start in October. New rule: running TDs now count as -50 points, retroactive to Thursday night games in week 3.

I am still in shock at the sheer stupidity of Chase. I mean, I knew he was an idiot. But just...wow...he's not reproducing, right???

I also don't understand how people didn't think this was going to happen. No offense to BB, but I read at least 3 or 4 other sources that speculated this would happen and it would be too advantageous to give up those 5 yards for free. And of course the Patriots are going to benefit. You think a former ST coach who has used draft picks to get Pro Bowlers on special teams, including multiple draft picks on kick coverage guys, and spends perhaps the most time and energy of any head coach on all aspects of special teams play MIGHT have all the pieces to do this extremely well? I mean BB must have been salivating at the announcement.

But this is the way Goody does "business." He talks about honour and integrity and then compromises both with every thing he does. He talks about being tough on violence, then loses the tape of a player knocking his wife out cold. He tries to fix player safety by fighting head shots only to get players to aim lower at knees. And now he's increased kickoff returns by trying to decrease kickoff returns.

And he tried to ruin the Patriots, but now he's increased the value of our backup QB significantly, changed the rules to help our great STs even more, and lit a fire under the GOAT, who could be coming back to a 4-0 team well-rested and ready to scorch earth on the way to another Super Bowl.

Can it really be considered “exploiting” when a whole bunch of people saw this exact sort of thing coming and predicted that the new rule – designed to further decrease kickoff returns – would backfire?

Regardless, this article is nothing more than some mediot on a crusade to drop the new rule. However, since he is a complete nobody, he has to draw attention to himself and his article by blaming Belichick for all of this despite the fact that, by his own admission, the Patriots are only middle of the road.

But hey, let’s be thankful that an article which says “Belichick exploits new rule” draws more hits than “Hue Jackson exploits new rule.”

Where did this "writer" learn to write from? University of MyASSachusetts?

In French, we have a great expression by stupidities like this "nivellement par le bas" which, in a nutshell, means "levelling by the bottom" which I would explain by saying that instead of pushing everyone to get better, we encourage people to suck so the people with less talent/smarts don't feel bad.

Do you have a special French term for the Ommissioner? :D

He might be a little old.

537b58db4aedf_alan_oates.jpg

This kind of thing makes me so mad. These reporters know that many people are just going to read the title, not the article, and give it the confirmation bias they feel it deserves. He is just shaping public opinion for our next made up scandal.

Because hey, if you have the pitchforked crowd already waiting, you really don't need any proof of wrongdoing, now do you.

Interesting that he's gone from USA Today and now he's with Fox looking to try and make a name for himself there by writing more inflammatory pieces. I'm curious to know why they booted him, but either way, there must have been an issue of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft