PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forum Mock Draft

Woods.

But Carradine is very, very tempting

Hope this helps even out the "pie chart"....... Hat tip to dryheat

Jones 4
Carradine 3
Woods 2

How far should we go before naming the winner? First to 10?

not sure how jones fits with the pats.......

as for carradine....he'll be there for the pats in rd 2 or 3

not sure how jones fits with the pats.......

as for carradine....he'll be there for the pats in rd 2 or 3

I think we're beyond all that. We have three players to vote on because these are the three players that were most voted on at pick 29.

Jones or Hankins will do so Jones, though Hankins may be a better fit.

Hankins is a fat toad. That's not a need. I voted for Carradine in the original poll. But, to avoid another tie. I'm voting for Datone Jones

Hankins is disallowed, so Jones.

Hankins is a fat toad. That's not a need.

Why, because we already have a fat toad? Don't answer that! I'm not looking to derail this thread.

Why, because we already have a fat toad? Don't answer that! I'm not looking to derail this thread.

Don't you love the pass rush stunt when our dt's loop outside and the de's loop behind them? The qb sees our dt's coming towards him and casually keeps jogging right past them running for a 1st down or passing the ball. I'd like to see Datone Jones and Armstead doing the chasing on 3rd and long next year. Chandler Jones and John Abraham stunting inside.

Jones 4
Carradine 3
Woods 2

How far should we go before naming the winner? First to 10?

Vote is now Jones 6
Carradine 3
Woods 2

Don't you love the pass rush stunt when our dt's loop outside and the de's loop behind them? The qb sees our dt's coming towards him and casually keeps jogging right past them running for a 1st down or passing the ball. I'd like to see Datone Jones and Armstead doing the chasing on 3rd and long next year. Chandler Jones and John Abraham stunting inside.

Screw stunting on 3rd down. I want to see Datone Jones mashing his Guard right into the QBs face on 1st down.

Screw stunting on 3rd down. I want to see Datone Jones mashing his Guard right into the QBs face on 1st down.

Oh yeah, that too. I can see him playing LDE and bringing Abraham in when go to the 4-2-5. Slides inside to dt at that point. Maybe Armstead can give Vince a rest here and there. He played way too many snaps last year. Need to cut into that in order to extend his career.

Currently, there's a mock draft going on with some other NFL fans here down under. So far, I've managed to pick up the following players for the Patriots; Justin Hunter (29), Johnathon Jenkins (59) and Blidi Wreh-Wilson (91). Pick 91 was interesting. I was giving a lot of thought to Markus Wheaton and Leon McFadden.

Hunter is a binkie of mine and I was blinded by that. I gave serious consideration to Hankins here but thought the rest of the draft might be silly enough to let him slip to 59. He went at 58 and I picked up Jenkins to cover Vince. I know BWW is more suited to zone coverage opposed to man, but I'd hope the Patriots would find a way to utilize his talent.

It's interesting watching the mock draft unfold according to team needs as opposed to value. That said, I don't expect the actual NFL Draft to unfold anything like this mock.

Side note - I've also been doing the Philadelphia Eagles and have selected the following; Eric Fisher (4)(OL), Kawann Short (35)(DL), Eddie Lacy (67)(RB) and Brian Schwenke (101)(OL).

The more mocks you participate in the more apparent it becomes that value picks are tantamount to a successful drafting strategy.

Currently, there's a mock draft going on with some other NFL fans here down under. So far, I've managed to pick up the following players for the Patriots; Justin Hunter (29), Johnathon Jenkins (59) and Blidi Wreh-Wilson (91). Pick 91 was interesting. I was giving a lot of thought to Markus Wheaton and Leon McFadden.

Hunter is a binkie of mine and I was blinded by that. I gave serious consideration to Hankins here but thought the rest of the draft might be silly enough to let him slip to 59. He went at 58 and I picked up Jenkins to cover Vince. I know BWW is more suited to zone coverage opposed to man, but I'd hope the Patriots would find a way to utilize his talent.

It's interesting watching the mock draft unfold according to team needs as opposed to value. That said, I don't expect the actual NFL Draft to unfold anything like this mock.

Side note - I've also been doing the Philadelphia Eagles and have selected the following; Eric Fisher (4)(OL), Kawann Short (35)(DL), Eddie Lacy (67)(RB) and Brian Schwenke (101)(OL).

The more mocks you participate in the more apparent it becomes that value picks are tantamount to a successful drafting strategy.

Nice grab of Wheaton in the third. He's my binky. I can see him moving up into the mid 2nd by draft day unfortunately.

Vote is now Jones 6
Carradine 3
Woods 2

Don't see Jones as a great fit at all. But the majority have spoken.

With the 29th pick, the New England Patriots select Datone Jones, DE, UCLA.

The Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
3. Oakland Raiders - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Fisher, OT, CMU
5. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Cleveland Browns - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
8. Buffalo Bills - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
10. Tennessee Titans - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
11. San Diego Chargers - Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
12. Miami Dolphins - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15. New Orleans Saints - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
16. St. Louis Rams - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. Dallas Cowboys - Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC
19. New York Giants -Jon Cooper, OG, North Carolina
20. Chicago Bears - Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
21. Cincinnati Bengals - D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
22. St. Louis Rams - Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings - Desmond Trufant CB Washington
24. Indianapolis Colts - Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson
25. Minnesota Vikings - Keenan Allen WR CAL
26. Green Bay Packers - Tyler Eifert TE ND
27. Houston Texans - Geno Smith QB West Virginia
28. Denver Broncos - Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
29. New England Patriots - Datone Jones, UCLA
30. Atlanta Falcons
31. San Francisco 49'ers
32. Baltimore Ravens

worst pick since laurence maroney

worst pick since laurence maroney

I tend to agree with you. I don't think very highly of Jones as a football player, nor do I think he fits this defense. I would have considered him in the third round.

I have seen absolutely zero evidence that suggests he's capable of such a thing.

Boo hoo, you don't get your favorite player. This is actually a pick I can totally see us making.

With that, Falcons select Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia.

The 49ers are on the clock.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back