PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forum Mock Draft

1. Datone Jones
2. Johnathan Hankins

Anybody else I'd trade down into the top of the second to draft. I like the idea of doing the tally at noon or 1PM.

I do think BB still add's a pass rushing veteran and Nink's contract is up after this year. I think there is a very strong possibility that they want to address the pass rush.

A player like Datone Jones or Margus Hunt gives them added flexibilty on the DL which I think BB covets. (see Kyle Arrington signing for the value BB see's in the flexibility of a player)

I am going out on a limb and say we sign John Abraham by the end of this week..

So a pass rush DL would could look like C. Jones , A. Armstead, (D. Jones or M. Hunt) J. Abraham

Haha can I vote to not take Margus Hunt? He is the only guy I don't want. I wouldn't mind Carradine, Short or Hankins here.

1 C. Carradine
2. D. Jones
3. R. Woods

I do think BB still add's a pass rushing veteran and Nink's contract is up after this year. I think there is a very strong possibility that they want to address the pass rush.

A player like Datone Jones or Margus Hunt gives them added flexibilty on the DL which I think BB covets. (see Kyle Arrington signing for the value BB see's in the flexibility of a player)

I am going out on a limb and say we sign John Abraham by the end of this week..

So a pass rush DL would could look like C. Jones , A. Armstead, (D. Jones or M. Hunt) J. Abraham

I don't disagree with your theory I just don't know that Hunt will be a year one starter or rotational guy to start. I think he has a lot of upside but needs a lot of work on his technique. Thus I want Jones.

This is a very interesting mock you guys have going with really no qbs.

With it falling like this, I would have to choose between hankins and datone jones. So hard but going to go with jonathan hankins but will still settle for jones.

Good draft we have going here. Glad to see hardly any QBs drafted. I think that's whats going to happen on Day 1.

Early in Brady's career we won SBs with defense. I really think we're a penetrating DT and a coverage LB away from being a top 10 D again. Grabbing a WR is sexy, but I don't how how many more points our offense can put on the board as opposed to how many points our defense could keep off the board.

With our pick I think we need to go DT here, tons of value for us. Jones or Short unless we want to work on Wilfork's replacement right now and get someone like Hankins.

I vote Datone Jones. He can play DT inside and has the potential to be that elusive 5 technique 3-4 DE we've been looking for since we traded Seymour. Short has the good push inside in a 4-3 but he looks more of a 3 technique in a 3-4.

Touch choice between Jones and Short though. It would be a dream come true.

I may have mis-counted, but I think we can call this for Carridine?

I may have mis-counted, but I think we can call this for Carridine?

Seems like the three biggest vote getters are Tank Carradine, Datone Jones and Robert Woods. I'm good with Carradine.

Seems like the three biggest vote getters are Tank Carradine, Datone Jones and Robert Woods. I'm good with Carradine.

Why don't we take a final vote just choosing from those three?

Jones gets my vote.

I vote Carradine.

Vote is:

Jones 1
Carradine 1
Woods 0

Of the three, I vote:

Carradine

I vote Jones.

Carradine 3
Jones 3
Woods 0

Just to keep it updated. It would be really funny if both end up being on the board when the Pats pick and they take one of them.

Edited through doesntmatter1's vote.

between those 3. Jones

It seems like a Ross Perot vote at this point, but I go Woods.

Carradine 3
Jones 3
Woods 1

It's tough but Jones for me then Caradine.

Carradine is ranked 46 by the CBS rankings. Woods does not blow my skirt up.

go with the BPA- Hankins- and pray.

So it's Jones 4, Carradine 3, Woods 1.

Hankins would be a throw-away vote.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back