PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forum direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongside

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Seems like this year more then ever all the forum is used for is to post links to stories we all read before their posted, *****ing about media members who said something bad about us, or just general ass grabbing. Gone are the the on the field threads about keys to the game, or how to counteract the skins pass D. Instead I get a Mike reiss link.

Maybe I should be a more active participant and post these types of threads. Hopefully we get back to basics at some point.

Seems like this year more then ever all the forum is used for is to post links to stories we all read before their posted, *****ing about media members who said something bad about us, or just general ass grabbing. Gone are the the on the field threads about keys to the game, or how to counteract the skins pass D. Instead I get a Mike reiss link.

Maybe I should be a more active participant and post these types of threads. Hopefully we get back to basics at some point.

sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and my entire left arm has no feeling.

Of course, it had fallen asleep b/c i had fallen asleep laying on it a weird way.

but everytime i wake up in the middle of the night, and my arm is asleep, i kinda freak out.

One day in college i woke up to my alarm for a test in an important class very early and BOTH arms were asleep.... yes you read that right, both arms. So i was flopping back and forth trying to get out of bed but i couldn't. I looked like a fish rolling around. it was a really crappy experience.

I ended up making the test and i probably got an 83 on it.

Last edited:
sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and my entire left arm has no feeling.

Of course, it had fallen asleep b/c i had fallen asleep laying on it a weird way.

but everytime i wake up in the middle of the night, and my arm is asleep, i kinda freak out.

One day in college i woke up to my alarm for a test in an important class very early and BOTH arms were asleep.... yes you read that right, both arms. So i was flopping back and forth trying to get out of bed but i couldn't. I looked like a fish rolling around. it was a really crappy experience.

Are you familiar with the self-pleasuring method known as "the stranger"?

panic.gif

You might have a pinched nerve in your neck Keegs. Better get that stuff checked out.

Also, the in depth analysis tends to go out the window when you're carpet bombing opponents by 20 points a game.

Just one of the pitfalls of success.

For example, I correctly predicted the key to the Miami game was having the plane land on time and acquiring the hotel with the proper ambience for Tom and the supermodel's dalliance on Monday.

Hard to pinpoint which one of the seven touchdowns in the first half was the key one.

Or you can stop *****ing....I love the links we get there. Especially when its some little newspaper i have never heard of talking pats.

Bingo! We've got bingo!

Please do. I don't know enough about the defense that Washingtor runs to talk specifically about countering it. It may drop off with someone complaining about Peter King, but just bump it back up. As RC stated, it is hard to pinpoint precisely what one thing needs to be done when NE is killing teams.

During the Indy week we should see a few more of those types of threads, along with a bunch of other sophmoric ones as well, I'm sure.

I do not disagree with the content, but may understand a reason.. my passion for the team is still there, but the games have been rather blase to this point. It is like watching a highlight film and there is a lack of drama, perhaps the next couple of weeks will prove us wrong. But difficult to question McDaniels when our team is scoring the way it is, difficult to find keys to the game when we are winning by 20+.. I also think there a lot of new posters who revel in the fluff instead of the hard core stuff, but it will swing back if there are a few close games or a loss.

I do not disagree with the content, but may understand a reason.. my passion for the team is still there, but the games have been rather blase to this point. It is like watching a highlight film and there is a lack of drama, perhaps the next couple of weeks will prove us wrong. But difficult to question McDaniels when our team is scoring the way it is, difficult to find keys to the game when we are winning by 20+.. I also think there a lot of new posters who revel in the fluff instead of the hard core stuff, but it will swing back if there are a few close games or a loss.

Plenty of truth to this. But I'd also like to say that the difference between a hardcore analytical football board and a garden-variety chatfest is usually just a handful of posts. We've lost a couple of the people who have contributed this in the past. And with an unfamiliar opponent coming up, it's much needed. If anybody (including Redskins fans) has a good bead on Washington's scheme, tendencies, strengths, etc., please do take the lead!

Plenty of truth to this. But I'd also like to say that the difference between a hardcore analytical football board and a garden-variety chatfest is usually just a handful of posts. We've lost a couple of the people who have contributed this in the past. And with an unfamiliar opponent coming up, it's much needed. If anybody (including Redskins fans) has a good bead on Washington's scheme, tendencies, strengths, etc., please do take the lead!

I agree, we shouldn't underestimate the loss of excellent posters like Box who added valuable analytical commentary. That said, I do like the links to folks like Reiss who either report information or analyse the game showing who was in for how many plays. Facts that contradict ludicrous opinion threads.

I could also do without the constant topics whining about some loser writer dissing the Pats. Those links only INCREASE traffic to their sites and make them more money. Counterproductive.

This was my thought process in the post. From the responses, I must be in the minority. The posters are more interested in fluff than hardcore football talk. I think there is room for both but off the field stuff has just been overwhelming. Hopefully the Indy game brings out some solid analysis from fans.

This was my thought process in the post. From the responses, I must be in the minority. The posters are more interested in fluff than hardcore football talk. I think there is room for both but off the field stuff has just been overwhelming. Hopefully the Indy game brings out some solid analysis from fans.

I'm sure you'll find that.

I learned the skins have an excellent secondary, but it's hard to take mere humans in the secondary seriously after watching Moss last week.

Hate to say it. Fortunately, our coach and players have their heads screwed on right even if the fans are a little over confident.

Yea, what did happen to Box??

I read here that he was upset that a constantly disruptive poster who had supposedly been permanently banned after numerous temporary bannings was allowed to return in the Visitors Forum. Box supposedly said that he'd leave here if the poster was allowed back and he did leave thereafter.

This is what I recall reading here, not necessarily the facts.

Tell Tom that he has to play with his right arm tied behind his back. That should help make some of those games closer. More game plan insight will follow. If that doesn't work tell Randy he can't use his hands to catch the ball. Just a thought.

Seems like this year more then ever all the forum is used for is to post links to stories we all read before their posted, *****ing about media members who said something bad about us, or just general ass grabbing.

Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with the Patriots being torn apart on a daily basis by douche bags in the media. ;)

That said, I agree with your point in the sense that I miss Box of Rocks and the breakdowns badly. I wish we could get him back on this board and get it more focused on football, too.

*** ROTFLMAO *** satire at is best!

Maybe you need a better pillow....
Or a new mattress...

On a football note - I think the 'Skins will try to jam the Pats wide receivers at the line of scrimmage. More so than they have been so far this year. The constant jam tactic hasn't been tried consistantly this year by any opponent (IIRC).

Beyond that, I really don't think the skins offense can score enough points against the Pats to ever bring the outcome into question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference