PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forsberg: Six Cuts (Walters, Yates, Rogers, Williams, Ciurciu, Ortiz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad they finally dumped Yikes.... I mean Yates.

NOT RODERICK ROGERS!

CURSES!!!!!!!

:scream::nooo::nooo::scream:

I know that he is Sinorice Moss' favorite Patriot player. Rogers made Moss look more like Randy than Sinorice.

They cut "Turnstile" Yates?!? Say it ain't so!

Ortiz probably made himself a roster spot somewhere with that nice TD grab last night.

Surprised about Walter, really. They didn't give him much time to learn the system, nor did he get a good look last night. Maybe it DOES mean Feeley's on the way. Or maybe Belichick was so impressed with Hoyer's second-half performance last night. Or maybe Belichick figured, #$^& it, if Brady goes down again he's just quitting and retiring...

Not surprised to see Yates cut; I never understood why he was kept around so long. Williams played hard; I hope he catches on somewhere.

I hope so.
I was thinking Rogers might make a decent CB/FS back up for one of the "have not" teams with his hitting ability. He seems to "stick" people pretty well.
Whos thinking Yates gets picked up by McD for a year? Not for his upside, but just because the Broncos need depth and his experience in the system

Rogers looked the best in the backfield last night IMO.

Hardest hitter on the team, was not playing 10 yards off his man. :(

Just dont cut my binkies Nunn and Edelman

Thank god the Yates era is over.

No surprises, though. Anxious to see the next round.

Last edited:
Thank god the Yates era is over.

No surprises, though. Anxious to see the next round.

Yates may not be finished yet,we can hope he is but who knows?..never say never

Remember when BB dug up Chad Brown in consecutive years after we thought we finally got rid of da bum?

Billy "Yo-Yo" Yates ... he'll be back.

Billy "Yo-Yo" Yates ... he'll be back.

If everyone here pitches in 10 bucks we might be able to bribe Yates into not signing with the Pats again. Just a thought.

I know that he is Sinorice Moss' favorite Patriot player. Rogers made Moss look more like Randy than Sinorice.

I would say that's putting it lightly.

If everyone here pitches in 10 bucks we might be able to bribe Yates into not signing with the Pats again. Just a thought.

That's not nice. I know Billy and he's a great person in addition to being a pretty solid back up OG. He's aggressive, tough and he has good feet. He does struggle vs bigger DL and he should engage longer -- which has been the main reason he gives up most of his sacks inside not lack of strength which is what most think. He will surface somewhere in the league quickly, has great character and is a great teammate.

Last edited:
That's not nice. I know Billy and he's a great person in addition to being a pretty solid back up OG. He's aggressive, tough and he has good feet. He does struggle vs bigger DL and he should engage longer -- which has been the main reason he gives up most of his sacks inside not lack of strength which is what most think. He will surface somewhere in the league quickly, has great character and is a great teammate.

He's terrible against the pass and nowhere near as good against the run as he should be. I'm glad that he's a great guy, but that's not what football is all about, despite what the idiot Ommissioner may try to fool you into believing.

Having said that, the Chiefs just cut something like 5 offensive linemen, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Yates is gainfully employed in the NFL again very, very soon.

It's nice to know he's a great persion, and has great character, and is a great teammate.

None of which has anything to do with his suckitude on the field in a Patriots uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News