PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forsberg: Six Cuts (Walters, Yates, Rogers, Williams, Ciurciu, Ortiz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Forsberg: Six Cuts

Yates is the only one that raises an eyebrow, slightly

The Walter release hopefully signals that A.J. Feeley might be on his way to New England.

Didn't think he had a chance to stick, but Steve Williams had a pretty impressive pre-season.

Didn't think he had a chance to stick, but Steve Williams had a pretty impressive pre-season.

Maybe cutting Williams early will help him get to the P-Squad?

Doubt it. If you wanted him to get to the PS it would make more sense to cut him the same time that 500-600 other players hit the waiver wire.

Doubt it. If you wanted him to get to the PS it would make more sense to cut him the same time that 500-600 other players hit the waiver wire.

True, unfortunately. But good luck to him -- he seemed to me to play pretty well.

Thanks and a sigh of relief for Billy Yates and just a sigh of relief for Andrew Walter.

I thought that too, but he is PS eligible, right? I thought he earned a spot, but we will see. THe vets we let go like Yates mainly indicate better depth. More to come.

I hope so.
I was thinking Rogers might make a decent CB/FS back up for one of the "have not" teams with his hitting ability. He seems to "stick" people pretty well.
Whos thinking Yates gets picked up by McD for a year? Not for his upside, but just because the Broncos need depth and his experience in the system

NOT RODERICK ROGERS!

CURSES!!!!!!!

:scream::nooo::nooo::scream:

On second thought, I don't think he is eligible. Titus Adams will go to PS.

Edit: Think twice, write once.

Last edited:
I thought that too, but he is PS eligible, right?

Don't think so, Williams was active for 11 games w/KC in 2006. I think Titus Adams is eligible, though.

EDIT: Ah, we agree. :)

Last edited:
Those were the easy ones. Tough ones coming up.

Rogers was bad in coverage, which is the main skill you need as a DB.

I cant believe 13 more guys have to get cut.

OOh, too bad on the Williams PS situtation

Good Rhythms to Billy Yates - The human turnstile for Defensive Lineman on thier way to the QB

Re: Forsberg: Six Cuts

Yates is the only one that raises an eyebrow, slightly

Not for me. After how horribly Yates played last year and his sub-par performance this year, I knew two weeks ago he was going to be cut.

I thought that too, but he is PS eligible, right? I thought he earned a spot, but we will see. THe vets we let go like Yates mainly indicate better depth. More to come.

Steve Williams suited up for 11 games in 2006, so I would say he doesn't have any eligibility.

Steve Williams suited up for 11 games in 2006, so I would say he doesn't have any eligibility.

Correct, he does not. Titus Adams still does, though.

I think it is interesting Cuirciu gets cut early but Herna daze jones....as they both were experienced STers brought in. Cuirciu may have been released a day or two early to help hiim find a new home but Herna Daze might be around to replace Slater or at least wait to see what the injury status is (likely bad). or maybe I am reading too much into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye